973 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 12/16/2017 at 9:01 AM, Clara Monteiro said:

They probably lost the one you send.

This is the website I used to translate mine: https://alliantranslate.com/?ps_full_site=1 I didn’t have any issues, I ordered the certified translation, it was 27$.

I uploaded my birth certificate on their site and in 24 hour they send me an email with the certified translation. I printed and Added to my package.

hey, thank you for the information about the translation website, will keep this in mind if later i will need to translate other documents. i ve sent them already  another certified translated copy of my bc. however the status didn't change at all, it just shows received, no RFE update at all , i don t know...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Biometrics done. In and out in 20 mins. Now back to waiting..!

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Hello everyone, I'm happy to see other November filers here.

I have a two concerns:

1) The only notice I ever received from USCIS was the biometrics appointment notice. Was I supposed to receive a confirmation for my AOS, EAD and AP forms? Did you?

2) I received texts and emails confirming that all my 3 aplications have been received. However, on my biometrics notice only my AOS and EAD are mentioned, not my Advance Parole. Is it normal because the EAD and the AP are on one document, or is this something I should address the USCIS about?

Thank you.

Sorry for the late update,

Hubby and I went to his biometrics on December 18. We were in good spirits, so when we are happy we get really giggly, and the man giving us the papers was very very serious.  So it was kind of an awkward visit,  but my Hubby was LITERALLY the only person there so we were in and out in about 10 minutes.  Can't wait to get to the next step!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
10 hours ago, PancakeAnnie said:

Hello everyone, I'm happy to see other November filers here.

I have a two concerns:

1) The only notice I ever received from USCIS was the biometrics appointment notice. Was I supposed to receive a confirmation for my AOS, EAD and AP forms? Did you?

2) I received texts and emails confirming that all my 3 aplications have been received. However, on my biometrics notice only my AOS and EAD are mentioned, not my Advance Parole. Is it normal because the EAD and the AP are on one document, or is this something I should address the USCIS about?

Thank you.

1. Most people get notices of action in the mail but since you got the texts you gave nothing to worry about.

2. That's normal, exactly how mine was. :)

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

11 hours ago, PancakeAnnie said:

Yep, that's normal. To add to what the other poster mentioned, the reason is that biometrics are required for AOS and EAD applications (even standalone EAD applications can require it ). However, it is not required for an AP document.

5 hours ago, EvieMN said:

1. Most people get notices of action in the mail but since you got the texts you gave nothing to worry about.

2. That's normal, exactly how mine was. :)

Thank you for both of your answers. We moved after I filed my aplication and I'm thinking that USPS messed up the mail forwarding and my notices got lost. I notified the USCIS too but their confirnation of address change came after the biometrics appointment.

Edited by PancakeAnnie

I got hit with an RFIE this week:angry:. They said I hadn't provided evidence of my place of birth, even though I sent my full UK birth certificate. I replied to the RFIE on the same day and sent my birth certificate again. I'm hoping it's just a case that they overlooked it/ lost it when handling my case as I'm not sure how else I can prove my birth!

I've read other cases (including on this thread) where this has happened to others, even though they've supplied the information requested already. I'm convinced they do it as some kind of delaying tactic on some cases, so that if they are audited and questioned on their wait times they can point to 'X' number of cases taking longer as they required further info. Maybe I'm just being a cynic, but nothing surprises me with this process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Filed the CRI89 on February 15, 2017 and still waiting. Made a call to get an update and was told they just started on October 2016 entries. We were told to think about getting an extension to her one year extension since February is quickly approaching. Not feeling happy about that prospect, especially since we had to wait a full year and a half just to get her original green card. Anyone have experience with this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Received 11/26/2017 

Had Biometrics appointment 12/26/2017 

Had one issue because we forgot to sign an I-131 form sent it back and they kicked it back once again for none payment. So we had to send it back in with a copy of the 797 showing the filing for I-485.    I didnt provide an extra copy of my sms/email notification so i bet i wont get them on just this 1 document.  

I am following toto and minky and it seems like they got ead,  they updated their time line recently with approval after 73 days, chicago office 

Edited by DalilaAdnan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi there, I applied for concurrent application (i-485, i-765, i-130 and travel parole) on October 30th, USCIS received it on November 6th, they sent the NOA texts and emails on November 14th and around that same date we got the letters too, I don't exactly remember when our check was cashed. on November 17th (or around that date) we received our appointment for biometrics on December 8th. I went and everything was very fast!

A couple of days later (the letter says December 6 and it was sent on December 8, but I remember receiving it after my biometrics appt) I receive a RFIE for my I-485, a certified translation of my birth certificate, which I DID send on my original application. 

Seeing that a lot of people received one, I just think that they are trying to make time in our cases, I'm kinda bummed because I need a job, Im bored of waiting already.

I sent the extra evidence on December 13th and they received it on December 18th, still I haven't got any receipt that they actually got my extra evidence. 

I checked on the USCIS case tracker and all cases say "case received" but the I-485 says "fingerprint fee received". They haven't updated that I got an RFIE notice or if they got the papers I sent. 

Even though I have less than two months waiting, I'm desperate already. I've read in other forums that if you get an RFIE basically your case starts from ZERO when they get the evidence, but I don't even know if they did. 

Anyhow, I'm posting here to let everyone knows and if you guys get any updates

good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.