973 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, aasupp said:

Hi there, I applied for concurrent application (i-485, i-765, i-130 and travel parole) on October 30th, USCIS received it on November 6th, they sent the NOA texts and emails on November 14th and around that same date we got the letters too, I don't exactly remember when our check was cashed. on November 17th (or around that date) we received our appointment for biometrics on December 8th. I went and everything was very fast!

A couple of days later (the letter says December 6 and it was sent on December 8, but I remember receiving it after my biometrics appt) I receive a RFIE for my I-485, a certified translation of my birth certificate, which I DID send on my original application. 

Seeing that a lot of people received one, I just think that they are trying to make time in our cases, I'm kinda bummed because I need a job, Im bored of waiting already.

I sent the extra evidence on December 13th and they received it on December 18th, still I haven't got any receipt that they actually got my extra evidence. 

I checked on the USCIS case tracker and all cases say "case received" but the I-485 says "fingerprint fee received". They haven't updated that I got an RFIE notice or if they got the papers I sent. 

Even though I have less than two months waiting, I'm desperate already. I've read in other forums that if you get an RFIE basically your case starts from ZERO when they get the evidence, but I don't even know if they did. 

Anyhow, I'm posting here to let everyone knows and if you guys get any updates

good luck! 

we are in the same situation i got RFE for affidavit of support and sent my RFE response in the same week and i tried to check for the uscis tracker and it still says finger print received 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emmz said:

we are in the same situation i got RFE for affidavit of support and sent my RFE response in the same week and i tried to check for the uscis tracker and it still says finger print received 

:( I don’t understand why everyone is getting RFIE... I’m just waiting for my work permit cuz I REALLY need something to do, but oh well...

let’s keep everyone posted! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
18 hours ago, aasupp said:

Hi there, I applied for concurrent application (i-485, i-765, i-130 and travel parole) on October 30th, USCIS received it on November 6th, they sent the NOA texts and emails on November 14th and around that same date we got the letters too, I don't exactly remember when our check was cashed. on November 17th (or around that date) we received our appointment for biometrics on December 8th. I went and everything was very fast!

A couple of days later (the letter says December 6 and it was sent on December 8, but I remember receiving it after my biometrics appt) I receive a RFIE for my I-485, a certified translation of my birth certificate, which I DID send on my original application. 

Seeing that a lot of people received one, I just think that they are trying to make time in our cases, I'm kinda bummed because I need a job, Im bored of waiting already.

I sent the extra evidence on December 13th and they received it on December 18th, still I haven't got any receipt that they actually got my extra evidence. 

I checked on the USCIS case tracker and all cases say "case received" but the I-485 says "fingerprint fee received". They haven't updated that I got an RFIE notice or if they got the papers I sent. 

Even though I have less than two months waiting, I'm desperate already. I've read in other forums that if you get an RFIE basically your case starts from ZERO when they get the evidence, but I don't even know if they did. 

Anyhow, I'm posting here to let everyone knows and if you guys get any updates

good luck! 

Hi , 

same situation here: similar date for filing and NOA1, biometrics on the 5th of December, RFE for birth certificate on Dec 13th, reply sent back the next day, case tracker says the same ''case received" from the beginning. no updates ever!

i am over-bored !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
On 1/4/2018 at 11:04 PM, Emmz said:

Same here, received RFE letter Dec 4th, sent our response Dec 7th and still no update in my case tracker, and I haven't received a response from USCIS for the RFE documents I mailed in, I called them and they said it takes up to 60 days to get a response.. when I've seen people with a similar timeline to mine receive a response within few days.. it's so annoying how unorganized they are! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 1/4/2018 at 11:04 PM, Emmz said:

18 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

Same here, received RFE letter Dec 4th, sent our response Dec 7th and still no update in my case tracker, and I haven't received a response from USCIS for the RFE documents I mailed in, I called them and they said it takes up to 60 days to get a response.. when I've seen people with a similar timeline to mine receive a response within few days.. it's so annoying how unorganized they are! 

Just got our RFE letter for additional tax information for affidavit of Support today.   Sent all docs in 11/26.   

They must be going after the income verifications hard.  

Edited by FloridaMinsk

Hello everyone!

We are doing concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-131& I-785)

Mailed packet on 10/31/17

Received on 11/3/17 

Biometrics done on 12/12/17

Now just waiting. Case check at uscis.gov says "Finger Print Fee Received"

So far no RFE's (fingers crossed). 

Helpful info regarding Biometrics.  We were on vacation when we received our letter for Biometrics appointment. It was supposed to be for 12/5, but we did not get back until 12/11.  Thanks to VJ I was able to read how others missed their appointment and just showed up with the appointment letter. That's exactly what we did and they gladly accepted us as if we had an appointment.  

Good luck to everyone!!

I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

05/04/21 - Biometrics completed

05/12/21 - NOA2 "Name was updated"

11/15/21 - NOA3 Resident status extended for 24 months (expires Oct 10/24/22)

No other communication. Waiting....

Timeline
3 hours ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Just got our RFE letter for additional tax information for affidavit of Support today.   Sent all docs in 11/26.   

They must be going after the income verifications hard.  

i agree we got our rfe dec 11 and i track my usps and they sent it and received it dec 22 but the uscis tracker is still says finger pront received thats so sad

Timeline
3 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

do u think we will still received AP/EAD while they are still doing our RFE response for AOS? coz want to hve my green card already

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Emmz said:

do u think we will still received AP/EAD while they are still doing our RFE response for AOS? coz want to hve my green card already

An agent at my biometrics field office told me it WILL NOT delay or restart the EAD AP processing timeline and we talked to a USCIS supervisor on the phone a few days ago who said the same. So hopefully we are gonna receive our EADs soon regardless of getting RFE.

I panicked when I got the RFE because I just wanna go back to work..

Timeline
On 1/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, aasupp said:

:( I don’t understand why everyone is getting RFIE... I’m just waiting for my work permit cuz I REALLY need something to do, but oh well...

let’s keep everyone posted! 

Same here. I am struggling not working and having a normal routine..

2 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

An agent at my biometrics field office told me it WILL NOT delay or restart the EAD AP processing timeline and we talked to a USCIS supervisor on the phone a few days ago who said the same. So hopefully we are gonna receive our EADs soon regardless of getting RFE.

This makes sense because if they start over the process that,  for the most part is probably 75% complete before they notice they need 1 thing,  that's probably more work and paperwork for them.  And considering the departments that have to do with immigration are already severely understaffed, I don't think it would make much sense for them to start any case over from step one just over one or two pieces of paper. I feel like almost no one would get a greencard if that was the case!  I can understand the process not beginning over a mistake,  but I'm pretty sure once they've begun actually processing a case there's not much that would cause them to close it or start over. If they need a piece of information from someone the file probably gets put on a shelf and once they get that info they just open it up and start where they left off. But that's just my hunch.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
3 hours ago, Irisandjoel said:

Oooh I hope it’s true!! I would be getting my work permit in a month! I neeeeed something to do! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I checked my case status today and the dates on the I-131 and I-765 shows updated on 1/5/18. However the actual status still says “received”. I’m thinking they should be printing the cards at this point? Has anyone else experienced this?

4 minutes ago, dulcecandela said:

Hi Everyone! I checked my case status today and the dates on the I-131 and I-765 shows updated on 1/5/18. However the actual status still says “received”. I’m thinking they should be printing the cards at this point? Has anyone else experienced this?

Where does it say updated? Do you just check the case status with the receipt number or is there something I'm missing? Ours still just says everything was recieved.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 6:39 PM, Emmz said:

guys just want to asked i dont received my biometric letter yet its been 2nd week from the daybi received my NOA1

13 minutes ago, Lolo260 said:

Where does it say updated? Do you just check the case status with the receipt number or is there something I'm missing? Ours still just says everything was recieved.  

We have our profile set up on USCIS website with all 3 cases. The “last updated” date changed from 11/28 which was the original received date to 1/5/18. But when click on the details of the actual cases they still say “received” with the November date though. Crossing my fingers that the process is just moving along. We have not received any RFE’s at this point either but we were just curious if anyone else had that. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.