Jeanne Adil

Immigration officer denied CR1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So, in April i traveled to Morocco to spend time with the family and do things with just the women / Adil stayed in US working

I met a woman and her moroccan husband / she works for immigration

she just called as they denied his interview

Told u guys Casa is not just hard / it likes to deny / only 221g x marked as normal for Casa / no reasons given

no age difference for them

no former marriages

no children

both educated and responsible with decent jobs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

4 visits a month each

the other countries get to go for normal 2 week vacation and meet and  do K1

it is costly for us / very costly

In april she was there 5 weeks 4th visit

i had to make 5 and spent 1 to 3 months each visit

she knew to spend lots of time as she is immigraiton worker

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

So, in April i traveled to Morocco to spend time with the family and do things with just the women / Adil stayed in US working

I met a woman and her moroccan husband / she works for immigration

she just called as they denied his interview

Told u guys Casa is not just hard / it likes to deny / only 221g x marked as normal for Casa / no reasons given

no age difference for them

no former marriages

no children

both educated and responsible with decent jobs

Not denying any of what you are saying. Morocco ,as other countries in that region, are considered a high fraud country. When the petition goes back to USCIS they will have to provide a letter with details why the visa has been denied. Believe it or not, but when I saw some of these letters online here and there, there were convincing reasons for the denials such as inconsistencies (major one for denying). Also, these countries, which I am from one of them, tend to have more male immigrants who engage with female US petitioners with big difference in age, different religion while its not usually normal in the beneficiary country, or a male engaged in marriage with a female with kids and such. It is unfortunate that those innocent true relationships are effected by those who use the system but its what it is. As you might be aware, petition will go back to USCIS and it can be reaffirmed. I, myself, originally from Egypt and it is almost a 0.0% to see interfaith marriage within the country or marriage with big gap in age. Very unusual and usually results in problems there, so that is why embassy look at such marriage with scrutiny and try to find reasons for denial. I am married to a Moroccan girl sharing same religion and normal gap difference and the embassy usually see that as the norm they are looking for. Again, I feel upset that some true relations with red flags are caught in that dilemma but I can see some cases with legit reason for scrutiny. Best of luck for all those with bonafide relations. 

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, no_where_man said:

Not denying any of what you are saying. Morocco ,as other countries in that region, are considered a high fraud country. When the petition goes back to USCIS they will have to provide a letter with details why the visa has been denied. Believe it or not, but when I saw some of these letters online here and there, there were convincing reasons for the denials such as inconsistencies (major one for denying). Also, these countries, which I am from one of them, tend to have more male immigrants who engage with female US petitioners with big difference in age, different religion while its not usually normal in the beneficiary country, or a male engaged in marriage with a female with kids and such. It is unfortunate that those innocent true relationships are effected by those who use the system but its what it is. As you might be aware, petition will go back to USCIS and it can be reaffirmed. I, myself, originally from Egypt and it is almost a 0.0% to see interfaith marriage within the country or marriage with big gap in age. Very unusual and usually results in problems there, so that is why embassy look at such marriage with scrutiny and try to find reasons for denial. I am married to a Moroccan girl sharing same religion and normal gap difference and the embassy usually see that as the norm they are looking for. Again, I feel upset that some true relations with red flags are caught in that dilemma but I can see some cases with legit reason for scrutiny. Best of luck for all those with bonafide relations. 

I agree on this. I have two friends in the US who are in a same-sex marriage. Each of their spouses are Egyptian. Another is a USC + Pakistan from South Pakistan (the more 'sane' area as he says). The age differences are stupendous like 30+ between them. The difference there was a huge paper trail spanning some 7-10 years. Also Athiest or Lapsed Christian + Lapsed Muslim.

I can just imagine the conversations at their respective embassies as the approvals come in. I would love to be a fly on those walls...LOL. They all got approved on the spot. So culture and circumstances determine acceptance

Edited by NYCruiser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The interview is not as tricky as it may seem.  Generally, they don't typically know more than what is presented in your documents.  Criminal history, public records information is part of the background check that they do indecently.

If the person answers questions or presents information that is not consistent with what was provided in the documents and background checks that is basically and automatic fail.  From what I have learned here, they seem to like to ambush you with information that they find that you have not come forward with.  The more they find the worse your chances become.  There is also no way to know how the person presented themselves or if they were clear and transparent at the interview without being there.

Having the lawyer do all of the work seems like a great idea, but I think it leaves the client knowing less.  We completed all of the documents on our own and worked side by side to make sure everything was correct and consistent on every document.  By the end we both wound up with crystal clear memories of what was presented vs what we had shared in conversations and chatting.  I think that it helped her to be supremely confident no matter what was asked.  That, plus the fact that our backgrounds were both very simple with no crimes or issues if any kind (only my divorce).

The only way to eliminate any fear or doubt is to first know everything you put on paper, and to put everything on paper so that you are answering questions that you already have answers to and not things that you thought they would not know or ask.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

I agree on this. I have two friends in the US who are in a same-sex marriage. Each of their spouses are Egyptian. Another is a USC + Pakistan from South Pakistan (the more 'sane' area as he says). The age differences are stupendous like 30+ between them. The difference there was a huge paper trail spanning some 7-10 years. Also Athiest or Lapsed Christian + Lapsed Muslim.

I can just imagine the conversations at their respective embassies as the approvals come in. I would love to be a fly on those walls...LOL. They all got approved on the spot. So culture and circumstances determine acceptance

I guess it depends on perspective, I would consider "south Pakistan" to be like the Karachi area (Sindh), which I would hardly consider sane relative to what I would consider north eastern Pakistan (Punjab) lol

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

I guess it depends on perspective, I would consider "south Pakistan" to be like the Karachi area (Sindh), which I would hardly consider sane relative to what I would consider north eastern Pakistan (Punjab) lol

Thanks. Maybe I was mistaken. Perhaps he said it was the opposite?

the point here is that you will receive a letter with the proper explanation and then you will have a few next steps to follow to there are a lot of resources that you can reach but first you need to understand the explanation

Over the years we have all seen some red flag cases go through and also seen many of the USC then talk about the husband leaving once he got the green card etc.

this case seems less likely to have ordinarily got denied, given there are almost none of the typical red flags. There is a reason i am sure.  Speculating here but perhaps the Moroccan citizen is very well off financially and has paid for USC trips (seem far too many and too long for her to be holding a job or running a business).  Perhaps its seen as a purchase?  If you dig deep enough something will come up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.