2,950 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Slowloris said:

I still felt very weird though discussing my plans for children with a government agent. 

If you don't mind, and I'm sorry to put you on the spot, can you describe how that conversation went please? What did the agent want to know and what did you tell him?

Just now, LeoFromBR said:

If you don't mind, and I'm sorry to put you on the spot, can you describe how that conversation went please? What did the agent want to know and what did you tell him?

sure, they asked if we had children (we don't) and if we have plans to have them. I said they are in the plans once we are more comfortable in our living situation (we are still renting since we graduated from College 3 years ago).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

June 2015 got married

AOS
September 10, 2015 mailed the AOS package
September 18, 2015 package received, checks cashed

October 15, 2015 biometrics appointment done
October 21, 2015 case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

November 14, 2015 EAD/AP Combo card is in production

November 21, 2015 EAD/AP card received

April 26, 2016 interview, card approved e-mail

June 10, 2016 card in hand

ROC

February 7, 2018 mailed the ROC package

February 12, 2018 NOA1

February 7, 2019 Case transferred to a local office to schedule an interview

May 8th, 2019 interview, card approved e-mail

Naturalization

January 29, 2019 submitted N-400 online

January 29, 2019 NOA1

February 21, 2019 biometrics appointment done

May 8th 2019 interview, case approved e-mail

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Slowloris said:

sure, they asked if we had children (we don't) and if we have plans to have them. I said they are in the plans once we are more comfortable in our living situation (we are still renting since we graduated from College 3 years ago).

cool. that sounds reasonable. thanks

Looks like I'll be having a combo interview too - I received the below - there are no updates in my portal.

My situation was unique that i had filed my N-400 and notified that there had been an error on my greencard and had to go back and apply for I-751

Do combo notices usually look like the one below?

combo.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, ProudlyConfused said:

Do combo notices usually look like the one below?

I had never seen this format used before... then again, I had never see a notice for combo interview before...

Did the letter also include another page listing documents to bring? Why is there nothing listed after "Please bring with you:" ??

Good luck either way!

1 hour ago, LeoFromBR said:

I had never seen this format used before... then again, I had never see a notice for combo interview before...

Did the letter also include another page listing documents to bring? Why is there nothing listed after "Please bring with you:" ??

Good luck either way!

Just that single sided piece of paper

11 hours ago, ProudlyConfused said:

Just that single sided piece of paper

Ours looked just like this, except it just reflected I751 in the reason for interview section.  We received a separate notice about N400, but as the interviews are on the same date at the same time, it's a combo.  The back of our i751 interview notice contained all documents we should bring.  Importantly, they wanted the last two pay stubs and a letter from the employer stating marital status, dependents, emergency contact, salary, and employment start date.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/26/2019 at 3:07 PM, Nayda said:

So, when you are logged in for myUscis, there is inbox. I simply opened it and it has “new message”. Now, it gave me only option for asking about N400 (default subject line, as this is only online submitted case), but I used it anyway telling them I have interview for N400, but pending I751, and that I haven’t had any update about it since the day I filed, and if it would be processed on the same day of the N400 interview. They called me, then replied to inbox.  

Could you explain , they called you and them replied to inbox mean:  They phone called you and left message on your phone mail box?

I am in your situation, received N-400 interview, but my ROC is pending from Nov 2017 ( EAC 18061XXX)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, I wanted to provide an update as yesterday my husband had a combo interview. We filed the I-751 with VSC in March 2018, case was transferred to TSC earlier this year. We filed N-400 on January 30, 2019. 

The interview notice was for the N-400 only, but when we arrived together, the officer immediately asked if I was the spouse and interviewed me first, then compared answers with my husband's and did the citizenship test. He passed and we should be getting a letter about the Oath Ceremony soon. 

1 hour ago, dilip said:

Could you explain , they called you and them replied to inbox mean:  They phone called you and left message on your phone mail box?

I am in your situation, received N-400 interview, but my ROC is pending from Nov 2017 ( EAC 18061XXX)

I sent a message,  they first called me on the phone telling me “most likely” it is combo. Then they sent a reply in that inbox only stating that I Have N400 interview and didn’t mention I751. 

So I had an interview and I got very nice officer. However, he hadn’t received I751 documents from CSC, so he only interviewed me for N400, and told me he would request I751 again, approve, and would try to put me into batch for Oath ceremony for 22nd of May. 

Nothing is happening since that interview (9 May), and I am waiting now. It is so frustrating. I am so disappointed. 

Good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, VietLu said:

Hi all,

USCIS just emailed me. They said that my I-751 and N-400 will be adjudicated at the same time and I have been scheduled for an interview in Jun-13 with Philly office. 

*apply I-751 in Sep-2017

*apply N-400 in Nov-2018

VieLu-  I am in the same situation.  Applied I-751 in Nov 2017 ( not approved), Applied N-400 in Nov 2018.  N-400 interview on June 28, 2019 in Philly office.  Did not anything about combo interview.  How you send email to USCIS?  Since I am not still out of processing time.

Question: Anyone have their biometrics waived for N-400? We submitted our ROC June 2018. We received NOA stating the biometrics had been waived for the ROC about 2 months ago. We submitted the N-400 1 week ago and only received NOA1  but no biometrics scheduled yet. Everyone filing online in my timeline had their biometrics appointment letter posted to their account within the week and their estimated completion time updated then. I noticed this morning that the completion timeline decreased by 4 months (11months down to 7 months) but nothing else changed from Case Received and NOA1 sent. I'm starting to think they might waive the biometrics for the N-400 too but I've never seen anyone have it waived. 

I doubt it's been waived. I think I read on the official site that biometrics is a standard requirement for all N400 applicants, unless you meet the exemption criteria. Hopefully your appointment letter is on its way.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, AFAL said:

Question: Anyone have their biometrics waived for N-400? We submitted our ROC June 2018. We received NOA stating the biometrics had been waived for the ROC about 2 months ago. We submitted the N-400 1 week ago and only received NOA1  but no biometrics scheduled yet. Everyone filing online in my timeline had their biometrics appointment letter posted to their account within the week and their estimated completion time updated then. I noticed this morning that the completion timeline decreased by 4 months (11months down to 7 months) but nothing else changed from Case Received and NOA1 sent. I'm starting to think they might waive the biometrics for the N-400 too but I've never seen anyone have it waived. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Filed ROC 3/28/2018

Biometrics waived

Extension letter received August 2018

nothing else since then :( so....

Filed N400 4/22/2019

Biometric 5/17/2019

Got notified 5/16/2019 ROC case was transferred to local office. Waiting for actual letter in the mail.

23 hours ago, dilip said:

VieLu-  I am in the same situation.  Applied I-751 in Nov 2017 ( not approved), Applied N-400 in Nov 2018.  N-400 interview on June 28, 2019 in Philly office.  Did not anything about combo interview.  How you send email to USCIS?  Since I am not still out of processing time.

Hi Dilip,

They've emailed me since Apr it said that both cases N-400 and I-751 will be adjudicated at the same time. Last week I got an interview invitation letter from USCIS-MO. They didn't mention I-751 at all.

in order to email USCIS, you need to create an account: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ or you can send an inquiry: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt

or you can use either one of emails as below : 

California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.