2,704 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Last time I checked they were. We really won't know anything until we look one day and see now processing July.

Hopefully we will get our NO2 by March - April 

3 minutes ago, Dijana99 said:

Hopefully we will get our NO2 by March - April 

I really hope so. I've definitely given up on getting married in May now I'm in love with the idea of getting married in August which I personally feel is realistic.

1 minute ago, Brittani said:

I really hope so. I've definitely given up on getting married in May now I'm in love with the idea of getting married in August which I personally feel is realistic.

I saw from a different post that someone said that the USCIS will be moving cases to other locations to try to speed but the process but I am not sure. I am just hoping for June-July. That will be 8/9 months and it sounds realistic in my opinion.  

1 minute ago, Dijana99 said:

I saw from a different post that someone said that the USCIS will be moving cases to other locations to try to speed but the process but I am not sure. I am just hoping for June-July. That will be 8/9 months and it sounds realistic in my opinion.  

Yeah, that was me....

I saw a notification from USCIS about moving i-129's to other locations. Apparently there is a difference between that and i-129f's. I'm so sorry you saw that. I tired to remove it so there would be no confusion. I got so excited and "jumped the gun" so to speak. I apologize you got your hopes up.

6 minutes ago, Brittani said:

Yeah, that was me....

I saw a notification from USCIS about moving i-129's to other locations. Apparently there is a difference between that and i-129f's. I'm so sorry you saw that. I tired to remove it so there would be no confusion. I got so excited and "jumped the gun" so to speak. I apologize you got your hopes up.

oh it's fine! Yes, I got happy. All we can do now is pray and wait because in the end it will be worth it. I called my lawyer and he said if we don't get our NO2 by April that we need to call them. But hopefully they can get back on track because I got the USCIS a couple of days ago and they said October filers are going to have a normal processing time. But idk what is a normal timeline for them. 

Edited by Dijana99
called*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I believe @Brittani is pretty much on point here.

watch for july cases when they start- we might not get good updates though because they are not updating online so definitely watch the forum guys.

and even though 129 is different,  it is still a tiny bit of a less workload for them.

but also consider NVC and don't make set in stone plans yet, uscis is literally sitting on cases after approval right now for up to 60 days. 

Im a September filer and considering on changing my wedding day from July 28 to September- not because I don't think I'll make it but because I don't want the extra stress of will I make it.

1 minute ago, Filip and Alix said:

We also keep seeing our date pushed back, now to May 6. We are hoping for a mid June wedding but we might be kidding ourselves! It's pretty discouraging to try to live in a guessing together. One day this will be a distant memory ...

Yes, my date was pushed back too. I was hoping to have my wedding June or July and now i'm getting worried ):

2 minutes ago, Filip and Alix said:

We also keep seeing our date pushed back, now to May 6. We are hoping for a mid June wedding but we might be kidding ourselves! It's pretty discouraging to try to live in a guessing together. One day this will be a distant memory ...

THAT is the only thing keeping me strong. This will be a distant memory in our happy lives.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dijana99 said:

I honestly think they should be able to get the October filers done by June/July. After you get the NO2 how long does it usually take after that to get the visa? 

Right now NVC only is taking 60 days (it may change in the future hopefully)

and then add around a month for it to schedule at an embassy (depending on the embassy)

Just now, Dijana99 said:

I honestly think they should be able to get the October filers done by June/July. After you get the NO2 how long does it usually take after that to get the visa? 

Well you have the NVC phase which is taking a long time right now maybe not when we get ours but now it is taking 6-8 weeks then add on 4-8 weeks after. At that point it all depends on your consulate. My fiance is UK and their consulate is pretty good about getting them the medical and interview within a month of getting their NVC case number. Some also take up to 2 weeks to send back the passport with the visa. UK's usually give it that day.

I read on other threads that there are some movement with July and seems like they are working on July now :D

Right now I don't know when should I expect to leave the country lol, I thought I would leave the country by April but seems like it could be that even by then I wouldn't have got NOA 2 xD

Sad truth...but at least, we could manage to see each other each month, he is coming next week and I am going to the state in February yay !! Hopefully in March he will fly down to Germany again :D

Keep  faith my Oct filers friends ...we are getting there :):) 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

6 hours ago, Christy&J said:

I read on other threads that there are some movement with July and seems like they are working on July now :D

Right now I don't know when should I expect to leave the country lol, I thought I would leave the country by April but seems like it could be that even by then I wouldn't have got NOA 2 xD

Sad truth...but at least, we could manage to see each other each month, he is coming next week and I am going to the state in February yay !! Hopefully in March he will fly down to Germany again :D

Keep  faith my Oct filers friends ...we are getting there :):) 

Thats good news. Can you share the thread?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.