AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, colin57 said:

Hi Naes, It's good to hear your fiancé is ok now, it is a worry when you are so far away. My fiancée was in hospital for a small-ish operation a few months ago and I was so sorry I couldn't be there for her.

I like the numbers you have here, I would like to think that we got our NOA2 for Valentines Day, we are Sep 15 too, but I can't help feeling that the end of Feb or early March will be the time, can you see them catching up by 4 weeks? As you wrote the two BIG variables are will they keep up the same speed (or even increasing) and how many approved petitions aren't appearing on their web site !

As many have said, we really do appreciate all the number crunching you and the others are doing........... it might not make it faster but at least we see something!   

Thank you 😊 

i used to see then then catching up before they messed up june too. Right now, I always state that Valentine's Day is my wish. Unfortunately what once was a possible wish, right now looks like a extremely positivist outcome.

when June settles a bit more Daniel will be doing another analysis to show if there's any recovery and how it may show in future cases. We do know May was better than April, so if being positive is not good for you (I understand some people would feel better with negative numbers or neutral so there wouldn't be disappointment) please don't be dragged to the valentine day thing because at this point it is a really positive number.

but well basically uscis is just kicking every opportunity to recover from k1 mess... because in the end their numbers match.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Well I went to look at my venue today it's beautiful I'm so excited BUT my date of September 30th is not available but with this unstable immigration process I need the date as far out as I can but not pass my 90 days 😣😣 so September 16th or October 😭😭 I'm so stressed 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
24 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

Well I went to look at my venue today it's beautiful I'm so excited BUT my date of September 30th is not available but with this unstable immigration process I need the date as far out as I can but not pass my 90 days 😣😣 so September 16th or October 😭😭 I'm so stressed 

Which embassy though? With some embassies you can definitely make it to September? Or ask if they let you change the date later. That's what we did they said ok to change the date (if my venue can survive the fires though...it's in the evacuation zone as of today...)

On 08/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, madelineshea said:

Another week gone by, and another 4 days added to my timeline. :(

I'm mostly going to be venting with this post, because I'm just getting frustrated.

Work has been keeping me busy, which is a wonderful distraction, but watching the processing times approach our set wedding date is making me nauseated. I'm going to lose so much money if I can't manage to get my fiancé here before our planned celebration. We started this process thinking we allowed enough time. My original processing date was mid-January, then mid-February, and now mid-March. With the way Pennsylvania marriage laws are, if he's not here by the end of April, we won't have enough time to apply for/receive our marriage license. Working with the government is awful.  

At the end of the day, I wouldn't change my situation for the world. I love my fiancé to death. He is absolutely my rock. If I had to do all of this over again, I would. But man, I'm so edgy right now.

I was just reading your post... don't stress I filed in May and still waiting for my Noa2 my "wedding" is in 5 weeks Jan 12th in Pennsylvania all paid for so we can't not have the celebration. I'm going out there next week for a month and we're going to have the wedding just not make it official. Once my visa is through I will go back to America and marry my fiance. It's just a piece of paper that's the way I'm looking at it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Which embassy though? With some embassies you can definitely make it to September? Or ask if they let you change the date later. That's what we did they said ok to change the date (if my venue can survive the fires though...it's in the evacuation zone as of today...)

It's the Senegal embassy it's not much reviews. I'll be calling them to find out about the date change however I have save the dates that need to be mailed out Omg the fire 🤤 is near your venue 😟😭 I'm sorry to hear that 

Love knows no reason,no boundaries,no distance .It has a sole intention of bringing people together to a time called FOREVER!!!!!!!!:wub:

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Vickimaher said:

I was just reading your post... don't stress I filed in May and still waiting for my Noa2 my "wedding" is in 5 weeks Jan 12th in Pennsylvania all paid for so we can't not have the celebration. I'm going out there next week for a month and we're going to have the wedding just not make it official. Once my visa is through I will go back to America and marry my fiance. It's just a piece of paper that's the way I'm looking at it. 

Don't have it! 

Please se research on celebrations before k1 please.

there are too many denials come with this.

Ill try try to find some more links for you but please first read them all there are so many situations they denied for considering the couple too married, religious ceremonies, mock weddings even engagement parties.

there must be some more links in these posts that @geowrian added in comments.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AntoinetteB said:

It's the Senegal embassy it's not much reviews. I'll be calling them to find out about the date change however I have save the dates that need to be mailed out Omg the fire 🤤 is near your venue 😟😭 I'm sorry to hear that 

I believe September would be ok for our timelines at the moment btw

mine is on July 28... so if I make it you make it! 

Well the house is safe so im not going to be ungrateful when so many houses of people we know is burnt down to nothing! It is so sad.. now I'm thinking if the venue burns down, I'll be doing a charity for Ventura favors. Maybe a tree for each guest or something.. I'm going to US in two weeks I don't know how I will go through this without crying. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

I believe September would be ok for our timelines at the moment btw

mine is on July 28... so if I make it you make it! 

Well the house is safe so im not going to be ungrateful when so many houses of people we know is burnt down to nothing! It is so sad.. now I'm thinking if the venue burns down, I'll be doing a charity for Ventura favors. Maybe a tree for each guest or something.. I'm going to US in two weeks I don't know how I will go through this without crying. 

Thank you fur your encouraging words. Hopefully I receive this NOA2 by March and it's only 2 more months after that. I've estimated hopefully end of June beginning of July he'll be here.

Yes, that's truly something to be grateful for .My supervisor has a house there and it's gone. A tree for each guest that's an amazing idea seeing how I love nature and everything about it .once we get his AOS filed we are moving to Alaska or Colorado Im really happy I've found this site I couldn't imagine going through this alone although I'm blessed to have supporting family and friends it's better to have someone who knows exactly what your experiencing so thank you 💜💜

23 minutes ago, Naes said:

Ill try try to find some more links for you but please first read them all there are so many situations they denied for considering the couple too married, religious ceremonies, mock weddings even engagement parties.

A quick handful more of cases regarding unofficial wedding ceremonies...some good, some bad (and a post about a denial due to using marriage-based names for each other).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/612725-k1-fiance-visa-denied-because-they-think-we-secretly-married-help/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/589355-k1-visa-denided-on-the-interview/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/635756-will-having-an-unofficial-wedding-cultural-celebration-in-turkey-affect-our-k-1/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/584870-k1-petition-denied/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/625211-very-confused-which-visa-we-need/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/622171-having-a-private-ceremony-before-k-1-is-approved-nexus-card/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/613347-k1-issue/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606100-traditional-marriage-and-court-marriage-questions/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331197-non-legal-religious-wedding-before-k1-visa/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/593292-not-legal-wedding-ceremony-prior-to-k1-visa-interview/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/584945-can-my-fiancée-come-have-a-wedding-celebration-and-fly-back-home-on-a-tourist-visa-while-the-k-1-is-still-pending/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/629915-expedite-i-130/

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

47 minutes ago, Naes said:

Don't have it! 

Please se research on celebrations before k1 please.

there are too many denials come with this.

I have to have the wedding... it's paid for we will loose out on alot of money if we don't plus all my family and friends have booked flights. I think we might now retract our K1 visa and apply for a marrige one next month and we will just have to wait 8 months again. 

Thank you for telling me I didn't know 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Vickimaher said:

I have to have the wedding... it's paid for we will loose out on alot of money if we don't plus all my family and friends have booked flights. I think we might now retract our K1 visa and apply for a marrige one next month and we will just have to wait 8 months again. 

Thank you for telling me I didn't know 

I'm so sorry.. I wish there was a better solution. good luck with everything..

8 minutes ago, Naes said:

I'm so sorry.. I wish there was a better solution. good luck with everything..

I'm devestated we've already been apart since april 16 as we are both military in different countries, and I have just left so I am now without a job. Stressful doesn't even describe my situation now. 

5 hours ago, Vickimaher said:

I'm devestated we've already been apart since april 16 as we are both military in different countries, and I have just left so I am now without a job. Stressful doesn't even describe my situation now. 

don't let hem stress you out! try to make the best of it (I know it's hard, same boat!). enjoy your loved ones, try to find a temporary job to get your mind off things, try to keep yourself busy. and if everything goes smooth you get your NOA2 before you know it.

stay positive and be thankful that you found your big love and that you are getting married and starting a life together <3 sometimes we forget how lucky we actually are in the middle of this terrible process

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 hour ago, Swissmiss82 said:

don't let hem stress you out! try to make the best of it (I know it's hard, same boat!). enjoy your loved ones, try to find a temporary job to get your mind off things, try to keep yourself busy. and if everything goes smooth you get your NOA2 before you know it.

stay positive and be thankful that you found your big love and that you are getting married and starting a life together <3 sometimes we forget how lucky we actually are in the middle of this terrible process

couldn't be better said !

6 hours ago, Vickimaher said:

when I feel down or that life is unfair, I always think... there is always blue sky and sunshine behind the grey cloud and thunder and storm and whatever else :) 

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

48 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

when I feel down or that life is unfair, I always think... there is always blue sky and sunshine behind the grey cloud and thunder and storm and whatever else :) 

.......or in our case - LOTS OF SNOWWWWWWW and somewhere a bit of blue sky

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.