logisticamente

K1 After NOA2 Dominican Republic.

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayron M said:

Buenas, hablare en mi idioma de origen porque estoy muy fustrado!! Finalmente hoy me coumique con la NVC y me dieron mi numero de caso, y me solicitaron mi mail para enviarme una informacion.. la cual no me llego.. y cuando entro mi caso en la CEAC esta es la informacion que me da..  de esto no me habla en ningun lado y los demas procesos que e leido no le sale esto.. 

Es esto normal?

Que debo hacer?

Diganme algo que me aliente 

nvc.png

Hola Ayron,

Esto solo significa que tu caso llego a la NVC. No es nada malo , despues que la NVC procede tu caso , va hacer enviado a la Embajada. 

Por favor traduce esta pagina para mas information sobre que hacer

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

-Harold

Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Yo se ingles pero en ese momento 

1 hour ago, Burgos_Harold said:

Hola Ayron,

Esto solo significa que tu caso llego a la NVC. No es nada malo , despues que la NVC procede tu caso , va hacer enviado a la Embajada. 

Por favor traduce esta pagina para mas information sobre que hacer

https://sites.google.com/view/post-noa2/home

-Harold

Gracias Harold.

Yo se ingles pero en ese momento me senti fustrado JEJE 

una pregunta en el link dicen que tengo que seguir 06 pasos sobre el DS-160 y el sponsor y unos feeds que no entiendo..

lo que me parece extrano es que todos dicen que el formulario DS160 y demas se lleva lleno a la entrevista y no se debe de enviar al NVC..

NOA1: 24th August

NOA2: 22th February :wub:

Im From Dominican Republic, looking for people from my country to share my experiences

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ayron M said:

Yo se ingles pero en ese momento 

Gracias Harold.

Yo se ingles pero en ese momento me senti fustrado JEJE 

una pregunta en el link dicen que tengo que seguir 06 pasos sobre el DS-160 y el sponsor y unos feeds que no entiendo..

lo que me parece extrano es que todos dicen que el formulario DS160 y demas se lleva lleno a la entrevista y no se debe de enviar al NVC..

Correct! Now that you have your NVC number you can fill out the DS160 y no eso no se manda a la NVC. La DS160 se llena , se impremi , y se lleva a la entrevista. Hasta puedes hacer tu cita ya que tienes tu numero de NVC pero eso si, tienes que orar que tu caso este en estatus de READY para en dia de la entrevista. 

Manda me private message si tienes preguntas.

@Ayron M
Your situation is pretty normal, it just means it is at the NVC (in the US) and shortly (in a few days) will be received at the Embassy in the DR. Probably the email they asked was to notify you when is it "Ready", then it will be safe for you to fill out the DS-160 Form, schedule medical, pay the appointment fee and schedule the interview.

When you (or the beneficiary) fill out the DS-160, and summit it. You will get a "DS-160 confirmation page/sheet" (1 page) and the completely filled Form (many pages), to print . The filled form wont be useful unless you want to make sure about the information of the beneficiary that you submitted, what you will be asked mostly is the "DS-160 confirmation page/sheet", that one is likely a MUST to take to the interview. Then you can proceed to pay the appointment fee, and schedule interview.

In short, what follows is:

1. Wait until CEAC status is "READY" and you receive the email telling you to schedule medical and appointment(s).

2. Fill out and submit DS-160. Print the "confirmation sheet" and fully filled DS-160 form (if you'd want).

3. Print the email you received in Step 1. and with it you will be able to do the medical.

4. Pay the visa/appointment fee, and schedule your interview. The embassy recommends scheduling the Interview 3 week AFTER the date you took/ will take the medical. From people's experience here it seems like the medical results were done between 1-2 weeks.

If there is anything missing, I hope @logisticamente could correct.

Edited by Sav&Har

My only comment to what @Sav&Har said is that to clarify you dont need to do the medical to schedule the interview. And that the results from the medical take only 5 days in both of the places authorized to do them.

Also note that you will have to make 2 appointments after you pay the fee, one for the VAC (where they take your photo and fingerprints), and the official interview.

In my case because I am not from Santo Domingo.. I went to the medical the same day of the VAC appointment. If you are doing it like me I will  recommend you do the VAC early in the morning and then go to the medical, this is only because most people go to the medical very early, so there is a lot of people early in the morning, therefore a longer wait. Vs going after 10:00 am (they receive people until 11) when there is none one in line anymore so you just go straight to the actual medical exam.

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: P-3 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Hello Guys i would like to know..  What time of forms i need for affidavit  here in the country?  many people says is not necessary but i want to have... 

NOA1: 24th August

NOA2: 22th February :wub:

Im From Dominican Republic, looking for people from my country to share my experiences

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 1:40 PM, Ayron M said:

Hello Guys i would like to know..  What time of forms i need for affidavit  here in the country?  many people says is not necessary but i want to have... 

Yo me pregunto si aun tu necesitas esa información, en caso de que si es el I-134, de seguro que ya tomaste la entrevista si tu NOA2 fue en febrero!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2017 at 4:29 PM, marc941 said:

We just finished most of the process in June and July in Santo Domingo, so hopefully this helps you.  I know how frustrating it was, because there was not much up-to-date information about the process there.

1.  We filed DS160 online after receiving NOA2, prior to having NVC number.  You will be asked for the USCIS application number when you complete DS160.  It does not ask for NVC number.

2.  You will register for an account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/ to schedule both your VAC appointment and the interview appointment at the same moment.  You must pay the fee prior to scheduling.  We were able to pay on this website with a credit card, so it was not necessary to go pay cash at Banco Popular.  It is recommended to schedule them at least 3 weeks apart to leave time for medical results (we picked up results in sealed envelope about 8 days after the medical was conducted)

3.  See #2 :)

4.  I don't think there's any such thing as "Packet 4" anymore, or at least, not in the D.R.  We never received any such thing.  The NVC told me they send the file to Santo Domingo embassy electronically.  Sure enough, I received an email from the embassy the following day, telling me to proceed with scheduling appointment (which I had already done 3 or 4 days prior).  You need to take this printed email from the embassy with you for the medical exam!  I don't think that is in any of the instructions, and my fiance had a problem because he did not have it with him.

5.  Nope!

6.  It is not required for petitioner to attend interview, but I wanted to be there with my fiance.  Although not required, I think it helps to add legitimacy to the case, and maybe less likely that they have suspicion.  If you have very strong documentation of your relationship, it is probably less important.  If you don't have much proof/documentation (photos, receipts, airline boarding passes from previous visits) then maybe it is better for your fiance to attend the interview.  Also, it's a very stressful and intimidating day, and a very beautiful moment to share together when you are approved!

7.  My fiance's police certificate that we used is a "Certificado de no antecedentes penales" which he was able to obtain online electronically.  

Marc

Hi Marc! I know you posted this a while ago, and you're wayyyy far ahead in the process. We just received our NO-A 3 days ago 😊 and I found your post super helpful, especially since it is from the same embassy and I would rather get specific information for the DR process. If you have any recommendations on DR specific pages I will gladly take them! 

So, is "packet 4" sent electronically to the petitioner or the beneficiary ?(I don't recall putting my fiance's email in the I-129f packet, only mine) 

I kinda anxiously want to know what I should be doing while waiting for our NVC #. I do not want to fall behind on time. 😨

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:15 PM, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi Marc! I know you posted this a while ago, and you're wayyyy far ahead in the process. We just received our NO-A 3 days ago 😊 and I found your post super helpful, especially since it is from the same embassy and I would rather get specific information for the DR process. If you have any recommendations on DR specific pages I will gladly take them! 

So, is "packet 4" sent electronically to the petitioner or the beneficiary ?(I don't recall putting my fiance's email in the I-129f packet, only mine) 

I kinda anxiously want to know what I should be doing while waiting for our NVC #. I do not want to fall behind on time. 😨

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your visa back with stamp from the Dominican embassy?  We were put under administrative processing due to the embassy not submitting his medical results in time but we got that situated the following day last week on January 29th, our case was updated or touched on the 30th but his passport is still at the embassy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated?  Thanks

3 hours ago, etapia said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your visa back with stamp from the Dominican embassy?  We were put under administrative processing due to the embassy not submitting his medical results in time but we got that situated the following day last week on January 29th, our case was updated or touched on the 30th but his passport is still at the embassy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated?  Thanks

We received my husband's 6 days after the interview and were notified via email that is was ready for pick up. We chose to pick it up at the Galeria 360, which seemed to be the fastest way to receive it. 

7 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

We received my husband's 6 days after the interview and were notified via email that is was ready for pick up. We chose to pick it up at the Galeria 360, which seemed to be the fastest way to receive it. 

Thank you for your response, did you ever get put under administrative processing during this time? 

1 minute ago, etapia said:

Thank you for your response, did you ever get put under administrative processing during this time? 

No I didn't, so maybe it'll be a bit different with your situation. 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:09 AM, etapia said:

I got mine 3 days after my interview.. but I was obviously not put in AP.

Good Luck!! If the only thing "wrong" was the medical results you should be fine.. is just a little hiccup

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, marc941 said:

We just finished most of the process in June and July in Santo Domingo, so hopefully this helps you.  I know how frustrating it was, because there was not much up-to-date information about the process there.

1.  We filed DS160 online after receiving NOA2, prior to having NVC number.  You will be asked for the USCIS application number when you complete DS160.  It does not ask for NVC number.

2.  You will register for an account at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/do/ to schedule both your VAC appointment and the interview appointment at the same moment.  You must pay the fee prior to scheduling.  We were able to pay on this website with a credit card, so it was not necessary to go pay cash at Banco Popular.  It is recommended to schedule them at least 3 weeks apart to leave time for medical results (we picked up results in sealed envelope about 8 days after the medical was conducted)

3.  See #2 :)

4.  I don't think there's any such thing as "Packet 4" anymore, or at least, not in the D.R.  We never received any such thing.  The NVC told me they send the file to Santo Domingo embassy electronically.  Sure enough, I received an email from the embassy the following day, telling me to proceed with scheduling appointment (which I had already done 3 or 4 days prior).  You need to take this printed email from the embassy with you for the medical exam!  I don't think that is in any of the instructions, and my fiance had a problem because he did not have it with him.

5.  Nope!

6.  It is not required for petitioner to attend interview, but I wanted to be there with my fiance.  Although not required, I think it helps to add legitimacy to the case, and maybe less likely that they have suspicion.  If you have very strong documentation of your relationship, it is probably less important.  If you don't have much proof/documentation (photos, receipts, airline boarding passes from previous visits) then maybe it is better for your fiance to attend the interview.  Also, it's a very stressful and intimidating day, and a very beautiful moment to share together when you are approved!

7.  My fiance's police certificate that we used is a "Certificado de no antecedentes penales" which he was able to obtain online electronically.  

Marc

When were you able to schedule the interview? I am trying to right now.... and it says "no interview dates are available".  My petition is at the NVC right now... do i have to wait until its "in transit" or "ready" on ceac website? Im confused on this step lol 

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone,

I got my NOA2 on  March 14. I have completed my DS-160 but I am waiting to submit it until I get notification from the NVC that they have received my file. Anyone know how long it is taking for NVC to receive the file from USCIS (is there a number I can call or address to where I can send an email to check on the status)? Based on looking at other timelines I surmised the following:

- it's taking about 21 days for the NVC to recieve the file and then another day to assign a case number

- The embassy in the Dominican Republic is booking interviews about 35 days out

- It takes about 2 weeks for medical results to make it to the embassy

- I will need to have my dominican fiance book the biometric appointment a week or so before the k-1 interview

Your help is very much appreciated. 

Cheers.

Rob.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.