marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. Had my interview on 04/27. They ended up not wanting to see my husband or letting him back for the pending I-751 lol. I'm still glad I brought him though...just in case.

My case is complicated because I actually had my greencard rights terminated after we missed the filing deadline when our lives went crazy. 

I went back and he did the N-400 test right away, I got the first 6 right and English test no problem. He said he didn't care to see my husband because we front loaded so much & our relationship speaks for itself after 12 years & living together in 2 countries. Did take the paperwork for the house we just bought & 2020 taxes.

He said if it was up to him he'd approve on spot - but because my terminated green card they had to make sure I was never in formal removal proceedings. He said it'd be a few days, don't panic & to stay off google. That was 04/27 and I had both cases approved yesterday 🙌

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-351818941.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--211751179.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, JSABZ said:

Hey everyone. Had my interview on 04/27. They ended up not wanting to see my husband or letting him back for the pending I-751 lol. I'm still glad I brought him though...just in case.

My case is complicated because I actually had my greencard rights terminated after we missed the filing deadline when our lives went crazy. 

I went back and he did the N-400 test right away, I got the first 6 right and English test no problem. He said he didn't care to see my husband because we front loaded so much & our relationship speaks for itself after 12 years & living together in 2 countries. Did take the paperwork for the house we just bought & 2020 taxes.

He said if it was up to him he'd approve on spot - but because my terminated green card they had to make sure I was never in formal removal proceedings. He said it'd be a few days, don't panic & to stay off google. That was 04/27 and I had both cases approved yesterday 🙌

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-351818941.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--211751179.jpeg

Congratulations... Did you ask or did they share with you any information in regards to when they will actually schedule ceremonies?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, aa1979 said:

Congratulations... Did you ask or did they share with you any information in regards to when they will actually schedule ceremonies?

I asked and he shrugged and said "with covid....🤷‍♂️"

2 hours ago, JSABZ said:

I asked and he shrugged and said "with covid....🤷‍♂️"

Congrats! 

I got a notice in the mail yesterday saying that both applications are approved and that I will NOT receive a new green card since I am in line for an oath and that the naturalization certificate will serve as the proof of citizenship...

The weird part is the timeline of notices: 

Interview 23rd

Approval updated on USCIS April 26 (N400). April 27th (i751) 

797 notice received yesterday but notice date was April 23rd, the day of the interview...

Hello!

Filed in OCT and moved , filed a change of address form and got an email from USCIS in Minneapolis confirming the change. My profile however just updated the mailing address but not the physical. 

When you guys got your interview notice did you get it through the portal or does it only come by mail I am just curios.

Thank you

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sausa said:

Hello!

Filed in OCT and moved , filed a change of address form and got an email from USCIS in Minneapolis confirming the change. My profile however just updated the mailing address but not the physical. 

When you guys got your interview notice did you get it through the portal or does it only come by mail I am just curios.

Thank you

I moved in Feb and only got an email notice until after my interview was scheduled. If it didn't update the physical address I'd put in another request.

Interview notice came through the mail but did go into the portal about 2wks later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/2/2021 at 4:42 PM, 684117 said:

@flyingmamba @PaddyGirl13 my neighbor's ceremony on the 6th of May was cancelled, wondering if you heard anything? I thought it was weird they called her on a Saturday? 

No, I didn't receive any call. Do you know what time their Ceremony was scheduled for?

11 hours ago, sausa said:

Hello!

Thank you

I got it both through the portal and physical mail.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, PaddyGirl13 said:

No, I didn't receive any call. Do you know what time their Ceremony was scheduled for?

I got it both through the portal and physical mail.

To say that ceremony was canceled is an inaccurate statement per what I found out. No need for people to worry...

I know someone who spoke with the person who is responsible for organizing these events at the court (she has the "day of ceremony" organizing responsibilities). She said it would be inaccurate to say that any ceremony event was canceled this month. Again, no ceremony as a whole was canceled. She said that this week's ceremony is still happening for many people. She said that if someone got de-scheduled, it may be for a reason related to their own file and that the ceremony is still taking place on time at the same place this week for everyone else. She said that no more people will be added to that event as it is considered too late at this point to add more people.

She also said that next ceremonies will take place in June (if nothing changes). She said currently, they are taking more people into the ones in June. She said there are currently two ceremonies in June and both are in the last week of June (she was unable to recall the exact date without looking at her paperwork but she confirmed that both ceremonies were in the last week of June). She said it would be too early to confirm whether they will add more ceremonies in June or not, but for now, there are only two of them which may change.

This is for everyone in the group: Please make sure that your reported information in the group reflects the event and exact words of the status. For example when it says interview will be scheduled, report interview WILL be scheduled (not that you have been scheduled). Another example, when you have been de-scheduled, then report that you have been de-scheduled (not that the whole ceremony has been canceled and then start implying that everyone who got scheduled to that event is now de-scheduled). Exaggerations or added-drama or change of words change the meaning and may sometime make people worry or run into false expectations. Thanks...

Edited by aa1979

Hello everyone,

I just found out about this thread yesterday ...I have read the whole 130 pages :D

So just to add my story... I have 751 still pending. I have applied back in January 2020. Last update I have is from March this year when my status has changed to "case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction". Meanwhile I have applied for N-400 in March 2021 and surprisingly got letter now in April to be scheduled for interview in June.

- My biggest question is about bringing the spouse because of i751 pending - even the NOA letter does not mention to bring spouse (COVID situation) nor any mention about combo interview but I have read the discussion of the Speaker on Homeland security website and they specifically say there that if i751 is pending you should bring your spouse (could be really based on individual case then). I have sent inquiry through online system asking about this but haven't got any reply yet. I will bring my spouse with me anyway and at the worst case they will just turn him around but at least they will know he is around or something if there is a chance of combo interview. 

- My other concern is with taxes...some of you mentioned that if you owed some money on taxes that they did not approve you and requested additional evidence of paying it off or something? We owe a little and have it spread into monthly instalments so not sure how that will go (will show them evidence of that if that is what could help). 

- In case they do not make decision on N-400 because of pending i751, did you guys still get the stamp? In case it is approved in June and my extention expires the end of June, do I still need to get a stamp until the Oath? Weird question and pretty forward but I am just curious...

Thank you all!

Edited by Bina3

4 hours ago, Bina3 said:

Hello everyone,

I just found out about this thread yesterday ...I have read the whole 130 pages :D

So just to add my story... I have 751 still pending. I have applied back in January 2020. Last update I have is from March this year when my status has changed to "case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction". Meanwhile I have applied for N-400 in March 2021 and surprisingly got letter now in April to be scheduled for interview in June.

- My biggest question is about bringing the spouse because of i751 pending - even the NOA letter does not mention to bring spouse (COVID situation) nor any mention about combo interview but I have read the discussion of the Speaker on Homeland security website and they specifically say there that if i751 is pending you should bring your spouse (could be really based on individual case then). I have sent inquiry through online system asking about this but haven't got any reply yet. I will bring my spouse with me anyway and at the worst case they will just turn him around but at least they will know he is around or something if there is a chance of combo interview. 

- My other concern is with taxes...some of you mentioned that if you owed some money on taxes that they did not approve you and requested additional evidence of paying it off or something? We owe a little and have it spread into monthly instalments so not sure how that will go (will show them evidence of that if that is what could help). 

- In case they do not make decision on N-400 because of pending i751, did you guys still get the stamp? In case it is approved in June and my extention expires the end of June, do I still need to get a stamp until the Oath? Weird question and pretty forward but I am just curious...

Thank you all!

I don’t understand any logic of USCIS. I applied in October but you get an interview after applying for a month lol? My I751 was approved when you applied too.

Congratulations though !

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

12 minutes ago, sausa said:

I don’t understand any logic of USCIS. I applied in October but you get an interview after applying for a month lol? My I751 was approved when you applied too.

Congratulations though !

@sausa you should update your Timeline.

Bina3 came here as a K-1 instead of a F-1, I have heard lots of folks that wait years for n400 due to their past, country of birth, international travel, or their original entry visa type.

My i751 as a K-1 was applied on Sept 3rd 2019 and mistakenly applied for n400 on October 1st 2020, this year on April 22nd a interview for n400 was scheduled. If i751 is not approved prior to my interview/civics test it will be a combo interview.

5 hours ago, Bina3 said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you all!

Unless you are told otherwise bring your spouse to your N400 interview, unless your i751 is approved before than you may get a combo interview. I am in the same position and will be bringing my spouse and plan to inform them I am here for a N400 interview with a pending i751 possible combo interview.

Absolutely pay off all taxes before the interview date and bring with you that tax return or returns you owe money on along with all proof you paid it off fully.

Last year we owed to federal and state, had state taxes on a payment plan until we found out that owing taxes past the payment due to (usually on a letter you receive in the mail after filing) even if it was on a payment plan denotes bad moral character and can/may cause the N400 to be denied.

My advice, try to pay it all off before your interview with official receipt (online payment is the fastest if available for state taxes).

12 hours ago, sausa said:

Congratulations though !

I think it is because of i751 being pending almost 18months now...thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.