marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

Interviewed Yesterday (May 26th). Passed, Oath Scheduled for June 30th :)

Questions:

1) What we call the first ten amendments to the constitution

2) What is the freedom of religion

3) Who is the Commander in Chief of the Military 

4) What is the capitol of your state

5) What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for

6) What major event happened on September 11th, 2001 in the United States

1 hour ago, msowen said:

Interviewed Yesterday (May 26th). Passed, Oath Scheduled for June 30th :)

Questions:

1) What we call the first ten amendments to the constitution

2) What is the freedom of religion

3) Who is the Commander in Chief of the Military 

4) What is the capitol of your state

5) What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for

6) What major event happened on September 11th, 2001 in the United States

My questions were easy and just so happens were the same questions I was studying on the drive to the cites.

Did you also get the 1130am ceremony?

Edited by RS2016

7 minutes ago, RS2016 said:

My questions were easy and just so happens were the same questions I was studying on the drive to the cites.

Did you also get the 1130am ceremony?

Nope, mine is scheduled for 1.45pm. I wonder how many sessions they do in a day?  The USCIS officer did say at the interview that by this point, the citizenship ceremonies were were pretty much full for June. He wasn't sure if I would slip in, or would have to wait for one in July.

2 hours ago, msowen said:

Nope, mine is scheduled for 1.45pm. I wonder how many sessions they do in a day?  The USCIS officer did say at the interview that by this point, the citizenship ceremonies were were pretty much full for June. He wasn't sure if I would slip in, or would have to wait for one in July.

My officer said the same for June last Friday then Monday at 7am ceremony was scheduled -:)

6 hours ago, Busta said:

How long do you think my wife will get interview, she applied September 30th 2020. Do you have any idea? 

It varies for everyone - no straight answer can be given. But from some of the timelines seen currently, best guess would be 12 to 14 months from submission. So for your wife, could be any time from September to November. But, then could also be earlier or later.....!

The joys of dealing with USCIS - anytime you try to make a prediction, your proved wrong 🤪 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/28/2021 at 6:50 AM, Busta said:

How long do you think my wife will get interview, she applied September 30th 2020. Do you have any idea? 

I would not make my expectations based on what happened with the applicants who applied before one year ago. I would take a look at people who applied in September and after. People who applied before that month, or some of them at least, waited for more than double the time they usually would wait for. I think some of it was due to COVID but also some other factors include a previous administration who was not so fast on processing applications. I see people these days get an interview and Oath within 6-8 months. So, it is uncertain but I think there are some signs that waiting is not as long as it used to be a year ago. 

Of note, the average processing time tells you about applications who were processed/completed 2 months ago. That was mainly when lots of the delays I described above took place and that was reflected on their average of 16-22.5 months they describe. Note that their median has been increasing, but it should start to decrease around the end of August describing the noticed pattern of June (2 months prior).  

Edited by aa1979

1 hour ago, aa1979 said:

I would not make my expectations based on what happened with the applicants who applied before one year ago. I would take a look at people who applied in September and after. People who applied before that month, or some of them at least, waited for more than double the time they usually would wait for. I think some of it was due to COVID but also some other factors include a previous administration who was not so fast on processing applications. I see people these days get an interview and Oath within 6-8 months. So, it is uncertain but I think there are some signs that waiting is not as long as it used to be a year ago. 

Of note, the average processing time tells you about applications who were processed/completed 2 months ago. That was mainly when lots of the delays I described above took place and that was reflected on their average of 16-22.5 months they describe. Note that their median has been increasing, but it should start to decrease around the end of August describing the noticed pattern of June (2 months prior).  

Thanks for this, I just hope and pray she gets processed fast so we can upgrade our petition. I’m following the September fillers thread. 

Anyone went to Minneapolis SSN office to update the citizenship status ? I went there a month ago left my citizenship certificate with a form . Until today I still haven’t received my certificate of citizenship back. I wonder anyone experience this and how long they will mail back your document ? 

2 hours ago, SESH said:

Anyone went to Minneapolis SSN office to update the citizenship status ? I went there a month ago left my citizenship certificate with a form . Until today I still haven’t received my certificate of citizenship back. I wonder anyone experience this and how long they will mail back your document ? 

I'm unsure about that? I thought it's a straight forward process, you show them the certificate they update and you leave with it? 

1 hour ago, 684117 said:

I'm unsure about that? I thought it's a straight forward process, you show them the certificate they update and you leave with it? 

I thought it is a simple process too, but I went there , door close to everyone , the security guard ask me the purpose I went here and gave me the form have me to fill up. Told me they will return the certificate by mail. No tracking nothing. A month later I still haven’t received any thing back 

Does anyone know if the new tracking ( estimated completion time) is accurate?😒 I filed in October and it says I still have 9 months to wait....

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, sausa said:

Does anyone know if the new tracking ( estimated completion time) is accurate?😒 I filed in October and it says I still have 9 months to wait....

As I said earlier, The estimate you have mentioned is based on what happened to people as of two months ago.  I think the real number will be much sooner with more people going back to work and with the new administration. We already have seen some people getting interviews much much sooner than what your wait time is estimating. I am guessing the average wait will be shorter with time. It is not all on the local office. It is an individualized case by case matter. I hope that helps you. Good luck to you!

On 5/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, SESH said:

I thought it is a simple process too, but I went there , door close to everyone , the security guard ask me the purpose I went here and gave me the form have me to fill up. Told me they will return the certificate by mail. No tracking nothing. A month later I still haven’t received any thing back 

when it was the day u went ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.