marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

For the combo interivew my letter says to bring the usual documentation,,,taxes, bills, mortgage yadayada...my question to you guys, did you print out monthly bills? like each month? or just a few select bills from random months, say 3 to 4 a year? same question for bank statement...its almost 3 years worth of stuff, I have it all but I mean should i just go by quarterly bills? 

19 hours ago, 684117 said:

For the combo interivew my letter says to bring the usual documentation,,,taxes, bills, mortgage yadayada...my question to you guys, did you print out monthly bills? like each month? or just a few select bills from random months, say 3 to 4 a year? same question for bank statement...its almost 3 years worth of stuff, I have it all but I mean should i just go by quarterly bills? 

I took the most recent only for everything you mentioned and not a single thing was asked besides my partners ID. 

CR-1 Visa Journey

18/03/16 ............I-130 sent
21/03/16 ............I-130 delivered
21/03/16.............NOA1 (Nebraska)

24/03/16.............Cash Checked
30/03/16............ NOA1 Hard Copy
21/07/16.............NOA2!!!!

NVC

09/08/16.............NVC received file

26/08/16.............Case number, IIN and DS-261 submitted

30/08/16.............Paid AOS Bill

04/09/16.............Paid IV Bill
07/09/16.............Sent AOS & IV package
09/09/16.............Delivered package to NVC
12/09/16.............NVC Scan
28/10/16.............Checklist - Birth Certificate
21/11/16.............Second scan date
23/01/17.............Case complete!!!
03/02/17.............Interview date from NVC 16 March
04/02/17.............Email IV received 
05/04/17.............Entered USA

ROC
09/01/19.............Sent I-751
10/01/19.............Delivered I-751 
14/01/19.............Credit Card Charged $680

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I had my interview on April 1st, interview went fine besides the civic questions which I passed she had notes written down and as she went thru N400 questions. she had specific questions about my traffic citations, I had checked NO in N400 because the speeding tickets were below $500 but when asked at interview I mentioned that I do have citations but they were taken care of she had all the record of traffic ticket in last 3 - 4years and then at end of interview  she recommended for approval and had me sign twice on touch screen for the Name  and Interview.

Has anyone recently interviewed in April and got the notification for Oath ceremony ? does it typically take a while to get the Oath ?

April 1, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
April 1, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
February 26, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
February 24, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
February 15, 2020 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
February 10, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location.
Edited by ashcar14
added content

Filed: Other Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, ashcar14 said:

I had my interview on April 1st, interview went fine besides the civic questions which I passed she had notes written down and as she went thru N400 questions. she had specific questions about my traffic citations, I had checked NO in N400 because the speeding tickets were below $500 but when asked at interview I mentioned that I do have citations but they were taken care of she had all the record of traffic ticket in last 3 - 4years and then at end of interview  she recommended for approval and had me sign twice on touch screen for the Name  and Interview.

Has anyone recently interviewed in April and got the notification for Oath ceremony ? does it typically take a while to get the Oath ?

April 1, 2021 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled
April 1, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
February 26, 2021 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
February 24, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
February 15, 2020 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
February 10, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice. It is being processed at our E-Filed Case Processing Section location.

Hi Ashley, it looks like that your timeline does not match your status updates because your timeline says you had your interview on 2/24 while it says April 1st on your status update. You should probably correct your timeline and make interview date April 1st.

Yes, it typically takes a little while at this office (at least the last couple of a people took a little longer before their oath was scheduled). I would guess you would have your oath scheduled this coming up week. I think you may hear something from them. Keep us posted, if you don't mind! Thanks

Edited by aa1979

Timeline
On 4/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, aa1979 said:

Hi Ashley, it looks like that your timeline does not match your status updates because your timeline says you had your interview on 2/24 while it says April 1st on your status update. You should probably correct your timeline and make interview date April 1st.

Yes, it typically takes a little while at this office (at least the last couple of a people took a little longer before their oath was scheduled). I would guess you would have your oath scheduled this coming up week. I think you may hear something from them. Keep us posted, if you don't mind! Thanks

Corrected my timeline, I see that you were approved on April 2nd. let's post here if there's any movement on Oath date. 

Spouse had interview at Minneapolis office yesterday. Very straightforward. Officer recommended for approval, and this morning USCIS sent notice that an oath has been scheduled. Now a waiting game to see if we get the date in the mail or in the online portal faster!

K1 Journey 
04 Oct 2014: Mailed I-129F
15 Oct 2014: NOA1
22 Dec 2014: NOA2
15 Jan 2015: NVC Received
Feb-April:  Slight intermission as S came to visit the States
08 April 2015: Medical
27 May 2015: Interview - APPROVED!
06 June 2015: POE in Minneapolis

AOS Journey 
16 June 2015: MARRIED!
26 June 2015: Sent in AOS/EAD/AP
01 July 2015: NOA1
24 July 2015: Biometrics

11 Aug 2015: InfoPass Appointment - Approved Expedite Request for I-131

12 Aug 2015: EAD/AP Approved

28 Nov 2015: Received 2-Year Green Card

ROC Journey
07 Sep 2017: Filed I-751

08 Sep 2017: NOA1 issued

06 Oct 2017: Biometrics

16 Jan 2019: Received 10-Year Green Card

Naturalization Journey
23 February 2020: Filed N-400
23 September 2020: Biometrics
12 April 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
Pending: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
3 hours ago, Abdi145 said:

my interview was also April 1 st and still waiting my Oath to be scheduled ? anyone has an update?

Similar situation, i've not seen any update regarding the Oath date.  

On 4/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, emsa said:

Spouse had interview at Minneapolis office yesterday. Very straightforward. Officer recommended for approval, and this morning USCIS sent notice that an oath has been scheduled. Now a waiting game to see if we get the date in the mail or in the online portal faster!

On 4/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, ashcar14 said:

Similar situation, i've not seen any update regarding the Oath date.  

Did you hear yet anything new? thou we have similar time line i was shock and i was like did he just copy yours here lol :) just kidding

Just got a call from the MSP office that they are cancelling all interviews and Oath ceremonies this week due to anticipated civil unrest...Back to the waiting game now for a rescheduled appointment....Not cool...

Nothing reflecting on the USCIS portal about rescheduling, which concerns me it was just a phone call from the local office? 

19 hours ago, 684117 said:

Just got a call from the MSP office that they are cancelling all interviews and Oath ceremonies this week due to anticipated civil unrest...Back to the waiting game now for a rescheduled appointment....Not cool...

Nothing reflecting on the USCIS portal about rescheduling, which concerns me it was just a phone call from the local office? 

That is not good at all i was wondering why they didn't call me to lol i was waiting the oat letter to be mailed as i am in line to be scheduled since April 1 but i don't mind it as there is nothing i could rush at this point as i am at final stage so its up to them when i could grab my certificate lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I couldn't get through on the phone lines so submitted a online request for being outside processing times on my I-751. Got an email today and they're turning my interview into a combo interview 🙌 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-943392603.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RS2016 said:

I tried to do the USCIS request for outside processing times and at the end it failed for application is still within normal processing times.

I assume for Minneapolis the standard processing time is 29+ months

I'm assuming it's because I have a N400 interview scheduled already...do you? I also wrote in the notes that I knew I wasn't outside of processing times yet, but that I had to arrange childcare for 2 medically complicated  kids and drive 6hrs each way, so if they could do them together I'd really appreciate it. They emailed that to me less than a week after I submitted it. I got lucky & had a nice person on the other end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.