marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2021 at 1:29 PM, 684117 said:

Just got a call from the MSP office that they are cancelling all interviews and Oath ceremonies this week due to anticipated civil unrest...Back to the waiting game now for a rescheduled appointment....Not cool...

Nothing reflecting on the USCIS portal about rescheduling, which concerns me it was just a phone call from the local office? 

What a roller-coaster!! My interview was re-scheduled for the same date, after being cancelled - less than 24 hour notice, got the email notification and the office called me to ensure I knew or had received the notification....

Any word on Oath schedules, so far it seems like the last update is the group of May 6? - Had a good friend who had both N400 and Oath on the same day but they did not have a pending i751.

3 hours ago, 684117 said:

What a roller-coaster!! My interview was re-scheduled for the same date, after being cancelled - less than 24 hour notice, got the email notification and the office called me to ensure I knew or had received the notification....

Any word on Oath schedules, so far it seems like the last update is the group of May 6? - Had a good friend who had both N400 and Oath on the same day but they did not have a pending i751.

Can I ask when you filed ?

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Just got back from my interview, it was very smooth and pleasant, officer was nice and professional. First she asked for our IDs and then asked my wife about our physical address and if we wanted to add any recent documents, we had a lot to add but some were duplicates form ones we already submitted (with both 751 and N400) so she only needed the recent ones. I felt like I have printed a LOT of extra stuff that she did not want, literally had around 500 document with me....She only took some insurance documents, 401k beneficiary, 2020 taxes (federal and state) and said I have everything else, I added some extra utility bills and some bank statements that are recent. I felt like I wanted to give her a lot more but she said that is fine, that is what I need to make the decision...

Asked my wife about previous marriage, adopted kids yadayada then said she will walk her out to start the test with me, did the test (6Qs, reading, writing) and she asked me the same physical addresses and marriages and so on, then work details and travels. Then I was given the N652 saying I passed and as expected that no decision can be made now (Due to i751) and said the next step is receiving the oath date and so on but she has to work on another system for the i751 review. 

in all it was about an hour (from check-in to leaving) 

Unsure about what happens next or when the statuses will update...but until then, life goes on..not really thinking much about the issue, for me the ROC is more important than the N400 so I can be comfortable being next to the wifey and enjoy our lives as we do now! 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, 684117 said:

Just got back from my interview, it was very smooth and pleasant, officer was nice and professional. First she asked for our IDs and then asked my wife about our physical address and if we wanted to add any recent documents, we had a lot to add but some were duplicates form ones we already submitted (with both 751 and N400) so she only needed the recent ones. I felt like I have printed a LOT of extra stuff that she did not want, literally had around 500 document with me....She only took some insurance documents, 401k beneficiary, 2020 taxes (federal and state) and said I have everything else, I added some extra utility bills and some bank statements that are recent. I felt like I wanted to give her a lot more but she said that is fine, that is what I need to make the decision...

Asked my wife about previous marriage, adopted kids yadayada then said she will walk her out to start the test with me, did the test (6Qs, reading, writing) and she asked me the same physical addresses and marriages and so on, then work details and travels. Then I was given the N652 saying I passed and as expected that no decision can be made now (Due to i751) and said the next step is receiving the oath date and so on but she has to work on another system for the i751 review. 

in all it was about an hour (from check-in to leaving) 

Unsure about what happens next or when the statuses will update...but until then, life goes on..not really thinking much about the issue, for me the ROC is more important than the N400 so I can be comfortable being next to the wifey and enjoy our lives as we do now! 

Congrats! I was hoping you would ask her if there would be an even bigger delay in scheduling Oath-ceremonies.  Did you learn anything in regards to that issue?

Edited by aa1979

5 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Congrats! I was hoping you would ask her if there would be an even bigger delay in scheduling Oath-ceremonies.  Did you learn anything in regards to that issue?

She did actually say the next scheduled ceremonies are in June.

8 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Thanks for the information... Did she say early, mid, or late June? June sounds like a long time in comparison to other states.

No she did not say anything about when exactly,,,i'd say its not that bad? I mean we're end of April, so thats like a month from now....

15 hours ago, 684117 said:

No she did not say anything about when exactly,,,i'd say its not that bad? I mean we're end of April, so thats like a month from now....

Well, some people have been already waiting for a month or more at this point and they have not heard anything... so another month (or two if it is by the end of June) is definitely longer than other states, especially that some other states are scheduling almost immediately after the interview for 1 or 2 weeks afterwards (or even sometimes on the same day).

3 hours ago, aa1979 said:

Well, some people have been already waiting for a month or more at this point and they have not heard anything... so another month (or two if it is by the end of June) is definitely longer than other states, especially that some other states are scheduling almost immediately after the interview for 1 or 2 weeks afterwards (or even sometimes on the same day).

I hear you...I think i'm fine with it, you just need patience. its literally the last wait after years of waiting haha. it is what it is...meanwhile life goes on, you can still travel and do exactly the same exact things you've always done...

15 hours ago, 684117 said:

I hear you...I think i'm fine with it, you just need patience. its literally the last wait after years of waiting haha. it is what it is...meanwhile life goes on, you can still travel and do exactly the same exact things you've always done...

I am guessing it would be June 3rd or 4th for my ceremony and that I would hear something either later this week or the following week... These are just some guesses. Let's see! 

1 minute ago, 684117 said:

Congrats! - Do you have a pending i751 or just N400?

Just the N400 - This is my 10th year in the US, doesn't time fly!  It was actually the first stimulus check that we received, that prompted me to finally pull the trigger. I thought it would be nice for the US Government to pay for my application :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.