marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, RS2016 said:

Unless you are told otherwise bring your spouse to your N400 interview, unless your i751 is approved before than you may get a combo interview. I am in the same position and will be bringing my spouse and plan to inform them I am here for a N400 interview with a pending i751 possible combo interview.

Absolutely pay off all taxes before the interview date and bring with you that tax return or returns you owe money on along with all proof you paid it off fully.

Last year we owed to federal and state, had state taxes on a payment plan until we found out that owing taxes past the payment due to (usually on a letter you receive in the mail after filing) even if it was on a payment plan denotes bad moral character and can/may cause the N400 to be denied.

My advice, try to pay it all off before your interview with official receipt (online payment is the fastest if available for state taxes).

thank you for your advice RS2016. we discussed this with my husband last night and we will just pay it off this week to be safe...

1 hour ago, Bina3 said:

thank you for your advice RS2016. we discussed this with my husband last night and we will just pay it off this week to be safe...

It isn’t an easy move or decision but is cheaper than having to reapply due to a denial.

For 2020 taxes we don’t owe anything for Federal but we do for state, thankfully tax filing date was moved to May 17 and it isn’t due yet.

13 minutes ago, RS2016 said:

It isn’t an easy move or decision but is cheaper than having to reapply due to a denial.

For 2020 taxes we don’t owe anything for Federal but we do for state, thankfully tax filing date was moved to May 17 and it isn’t due yet.

definitely not easy and it is basically stuff that happened before we got married so i would be really sad if this is something that would cause denial. For 2020 we do not owe anything. I apologize for my ignorance - when do you have an interview or what is your current status?

1 minute ago, Bina3 said:

definitely not easy and it is basically stuff that happened before we got married so i would be really sad if this is something that would cause denial. For 2020 we do not owe anything. I apologize for my ignorance - when do you have an interview or what is your current status?

K1 originally 

i751 is pending, suspect combo interview for i751 and n400 on May 21st

we got hit hard by thousands due to tax change for year 2018/2019 I believe

39 minutes ago, RS2016 said:

K1 originally 

i751 is pending, suspect combo interview for i751 and n400 on May 21st

we got hit hard by thousands due to tax change for year 2018/2019 I believe

I am not really afraid that if you guys show installments or responsibility to pay it off that they would deny it but maybe i am just too positive about it :D anyway good luck in May! 

3 minutes ago, Bina3 said:

I am not really afraid that if you guys show installments or responsibility to pay it off that they would deny it but maybe i am just too positive about it :D anyway good luck in May! 

Thanks, I read at a few places that an instalment plan is evidence of bad moral character and is potential grounds for denial.

requirement is to pay all federal, state, and local taxes by due date to demonstrate good moral character 

8 minutes ago, Bina3 said:

Forgot to mention, we plan to print our 2020 tax return (federal and state) plus proof of payment of state taxes to our interview to prove good moral character

5 minutes ago, RS2016 said:

Thanks, I read at a few places that an instalment plan is evidence of bad moral character and is potential grounds for denial.

requirement is to pay all federal, state, and local taxes by due date to demonstrate good moral character 

I read about it as well but i believe it is up to the individual case and the individual officer ...milions of people have loans and payments so if you show them responsibility and regular payments (in case you cannot pay it off right way) then i would hope they would consider but maybe not. We filled for taxes soon this year so i have already sent them 2020 in March when applying for citizenship and all 2019,2018,2017  (basically what i had to do with RFE for i751). 

On 5/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, aa1979 said:

To say that ceremony was canceled is an inaccurate statement per what I found out. No need for people to worry...

I know someone who spoke with the person who is responsible for organizing these events at the court (she has the "day of ceremony" organizing responsibilities). She said it would be inaccurate to say that any ceremony event was canceled this month. Again, no ceremony as a whole was canceled. She said that this week's ceremony is still happening for many people. She said that if someone got de-scheduled, it may be for a reason related to their own file and that the ceremony is still taking place on time at the same place this week for everyone else. She said that no more people will be added to that event as it is considered too late at this point to add more people.

She also said that next ceremonies will take place in June (if nothing changes). She said currently, they are taking more people into the ones in June. She said there are currently two ceremonies in June and both are in the last week of June (she was unable to recall the exact date without looking at her paperwork but she confirmed that both ceremonies were in the last week of June). She said it would be too early to confirm whether they will add more ceremonies in June or not, but for now, there are only two of them which may change.

This is for everyone in the group: Please make sure that your reported information in the group reflects the event and exact words of the status. For example when it says interview will be scheduled, report interview WILL be scheduled (not that you have been scheduled). Another example, when you have been de-scheduled, then report that you have been de-scheduled (not that the whole ceremony has been canceled and then start implying that everyone who got scheduled to that event is now de-scheduled). Exaggerations or added-drama or change of words change the meaning and may sometime make people worry or run into false expectations. Thanks...

YOU GIVE US LITTLE BIT OF RELIEF MAN lol we can't wait to be done this long process so when was your last interview mine was April 1 and since then i was inline for oath

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, Abdi145 said:

YOU GIVE US LITTLE BIT OF RELIEF MAN lol we can't wait to be done this long process so when was your last interview mine was April 1 and since then i was inline for oath

Same here... except that my interview was on April 2nd.  Let's keep each other posted if we hear anything... deal?

On 5/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, aa1979 said:

To say that ceremony was canceled is an inaccurate statement per what I found out. No need for people to worry...

I know someone who spoke with the person who is responsible for organizing these events at the court (she has the "day of ceremony" organizing responsibilities). She said it would be inaccurate to say that any ceremony event was canceled this month. Again, no ceremony as a whole was canceled. She said that this week's ceremony is still happening for many people. She said that if someone got de-scheduled, it may be for a reason related to their own file and that the ceremony is still taking place on time at the same place this week for everyone else. She said that no more people will be added to that event as it is considered too late at this point to add more people.

She also said that next ceremonies will take place in June (if nothing changes). She said currently, they are taking more people into the ones in June. She said there are currently two ceremonies in June and both are in the last week of June (she was unable to recall the exact date without looking at her paperwork but she confirmed that both ceremonies were in the last week of June). She said it would be too early to confirm whether they will add more ceremonies in June or not, but for now, there are only two of them which may change.

This is for everyone in the group: Please make sure that your reported information in the group reflects the event and exact words of the status. For example when it says interview will be scheduled, report interview WILL be scheduled (not that you have been scheduled). Another example, when you have been de-scheduled, then report that you have been de-scheduled (not that the whole ceremony has been canceled and then start implying that everyone who got scheduled to that event is now de-scheduled). Exaggerations or added-drama or change of words change the meaning and may sometime make people worry or run into false expectations. Thanks...

I understand you but i also want to indicate that I was just saying exactly what the status showed, their USCIS status said exactly : Your Oath ceremony has been canceled, the fine print said the blurb of unforeseen circumstances and that a new schedule will be mailed yadayada, so writing here or inquiring with anything other than what was really sent in the notice would be confusing and misleading. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

All done, the oath ceremony was short and sweet. It's such a pity we couldn't have our families there to witness. 

I'll still be on the forum as my son will submit his N400 in November when he's reached 5 years. 

Thanks everyone for the support here!! 

Filed: Other Timeline
13 hours ago, PaddyGirl13 said:

All done, the oath ceremony was short and sweet. It's such a pity we couldn't have our families there to witness. 

I'll still be on the forum as my son will submit his N400 in November when he's reached 5 years. 

Thanks everyone for the support here!! 

Congratulations! How big was the group? Any information you over-heard or picked up on why the delay they are having?  Thanks...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.