4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, blenheim said:

You’re right. I’m thinking April doesn’t sound so far fetched anymore!

We’re having a bit of a panic about POE dates because we know he has to be travel out of the US mid-August. If the NOA2 arrives soon, EAD will have way more than 100 days to process, but much after it’d be too risky and then our POE can’t be until August 💔😩

What I know is it really depends on your embassy. I know quite a few people around who got to NVC stage in January and poe is by the end of February (visas on hand already or already at the interview part)

but if again any irregular thing happens things may change.. so never plan anything but always check how your embassy is dealin with cases currently in other topics.

however there is none in july with voh yet. So end of April would be plausible but maybe risky.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

What I know is it really depends on your embassy. I know quite a few people around who got to NVC stage in January and poe is by the end of February (visas on hand already or already at the interview part)

but if again any irregular thing happens things may change.. so never plan anything but always check how your embassy is dealin with cases currently in other topics.

Yeah, if we get an RFE now or during AOS it’ll be impossible. Considering just waiting until August since it’ll be less stressful, but it’s so far away. Our embassy is Sweden, which isn’t the busiest 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MandW said:

that's what I told my fiancé Monday night when they started on august (I'm early august so hoping they touch those soon) that april is a high possibility for the interview and then here as we will leave Taiwan the day after we get the visa in hand.

But always keep in mind that there are early july still waiting, they don't completely follow an order. After they touch your date, it can easily take a month or so.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, blenheim said:

Yeah, if we get an RFE now or during AOS it’ll be impossible. Considering just waiting until August since it’ll be less stressful, but it’s so far away. Our embassy is Sweden, which isn’t the busiest 

Yep always keep everything in mind.

unfortunately not 100% of cases go with the same timeline... and well we all know it by now looking at our fellow filers all around still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yep always keep everything in mind.

unfortunately not 100% of cases go with the same timeline... and well we all know it by now looking at our fellow filers all around still waiting.

Can be a lucky one who gets appproved first time a date is touched, or not have your case touched until two months after they first touched the NOA1 date. This is a form of gambling I had no idea I signed up for. Might have better chance of leaving Las Vegas with a stack of money than being in the lucky pile 😂

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Timeline
Just now, blenheim said:

Can be a lucky one who gets appproved first time a date is touched, or not have your case touched until two months after they first touched the NOA1 date. This is a form of gambling I had no idea I signed up for. Might have better chance of leaving Las Vegas with a stack of money than being in the lucky pile 😂

When june started, a friend in here literally was at the top of the list, and was also the first number in June got the very first noa2!

but that was as far as an "orderly fashion" went

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, K & R said:

Hi!!! Sorry to bother you but I was just looking at your TL. We are a UK to Florida USA K1 Visa too! Our NOA1 is August 25th. I see you've already gone through the medical and are about to have the embassy interview!! Congrats!!!! I'm so nervous about the next part of the process so if you have any advice that would be great! We are using the London Embassy is that the same as you? Thank you again!

Hey there! It's almost your time for NOA 2!! That's so exciting!! Are you the petitioner or the beneficiary? 

London's medical can be a pain so I'd make sure you have everything when it's time for your medical. All medical records (GP? I'm not sure what the term is lol), vaccination records, any letter from the doctor(s) if you have any on-going/past medical treatment such as depression stating you're not a threat to society, etc. Personally, my fiance and I booked a medical the second we got our LND number.  It took around 2-3 days to reach the embassy and when our case showed "Ready," we booked an interview right away. London WILL send you a packet prior to your interview; it took about a week after our case showed "Ready" for it to arrive to his door. 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions! :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

based on your time it could be at least may for my (our) fiancé interview.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello is there any Filipino August filers here?

Is it just me or anyone feels mixed emotions here, excited and worry at the same time, I’m excited to be with my fiancé already and everyday I’m giving him news about this Vj but I don’t want him disappointed if what ifs happens.,Hope it all goes well for everyone of us.

#August 18 here

32 minutes ago, Madolor said:

Hello is there any Filipino August filers here?

Is it just me or anyone feels mixed emotions here, excited and worry at the same time, I’m excited to be with my fiancé already and everyday I’m giving him news about this Vj but I don’t want him disappointed if what ifs happens.,Hope it all goes well for everyone of us.

#August 18 here

Hey there! Filipina here. Good luck and don't give in to stress. Let's patiently wait and hope for the best. :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I feel it coming!!! A LA The Weeknd

Any suggestions on what I (petitioner) or my fiancee could do in these last days of despair to start getting things set beforehand?

Also, anyone from brazil with recommendations??

Greatly appreciate it!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, gomes + MF said:

I feel it coming!!! A LA The Weeknd

Any suggestions on what I (petitioner) or my fiancee could do in these last days of despair to start getting things set beforehand?

Also, anyone from brazil with recommendations??

Greatly appreciate it!

Start gathering financial evidences and I-134.

and also depending on the country or countries that will be needed: check what's needed or how long it takes for police clearances 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Maricris & Phil said:

I filed my paperwork in late July after corresponding with Maricris for many months and finally meeting my dream in June, we spent almost three amazing weeks together 24 hours a day and we had a great time. .  I finally received my NOA1 on August 03, 2017 and we are so excited to receive our NOA2.    I have been back to the Philippines in October for two weeks and then I did a surprise visit for two weeks in late December and we spent New Years together.  As long as the government doesn't shut down we are hoping our NOA2 will arrive sometime this week.  We are both so excited and looking forward to being reunited in the USA.  My birthday is April 6th and we are hoping the remaining process will go smooth and my beautiful fiance will arrive sometime in March!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

B6BF49D1-FDAD-4FD3-A1CC-AF148E44B1D7.jpeg

So happy for you too :) 

Good luck on the rest of the process

and as a side note: government shutdown does not affect this process (especially has no effect on uscis petitions -unless it is a work visa)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.