wwln

Any Adam Walsh Act success cases ?

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wwln said:

living together almost 6 months in the USA, we are very happy everyday,

So you are already living in the USA? Why do you need a K-1 visa? Are you on a work visa or student visa? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
40 minutes ago, wwln said:

If most of the AWA cases failed,  I suggest USA create one more law that forbid sex offenders go to international dating sites, so that no more couples be forced apart while they are enjoying their lives together.

Perhaps ban international dating sites for everybody?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Damara said:

Please read this thread- 

It is unlikely you will be approved. 

i am not fighting for myself now, because we are not going to apply the immigration, at least for now,

i am the victim of the AWA case,  i am very innocent to meet an american guy who was a sex offender and fell in love with each other, how did i know when i met him first? no one tells everyone he met in life he was a sex offender , right? unless until he decides to marry the one,   also he didnt know the AWA law until we planning to marry, why is that? a law tells you two cannot be together, and then the two people who are in love are forced to be apart two countries, this is not right. if the law really want to protect the beneficiary, it really needs to protect from the beggining first(international online dating), not after they fell in love. no one knows the painful unless he/she experience this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, wwln said:

i am not fighting for myself now, because we are not going to apply the immigration, at least for now,

i am the victim of the AWA case,  i am very innocent to meet an american guy who was a sex offender and fell in love with each other, how did i know when i met him first? no one tells everyone he met in life he was a sex offender , right? unless until he decides to marry the one,   also he didnt know the AWA law until we planning to marry, why is that? a law tells you two cannot be together, and then the two people who are in love are forced to be apart two countries, this is not right. if the law really want to protect the beneficiary, it really needs to protect from the beggining first(international online dating), not after they fell in love. no one knows the painful unless he/she experience this.

Just because you fell in love with a sex offender, doesn't mean everyone else who does international online dating will too.

He should have told you when your relationship started - that's on him, not the immigration system.

On 2017/8/4 at 11:23 PM, Mollie09 said:

Just because you fell in love with a sex offender, doesn't mean everyone else who does international online dating will too.

He should have told you when your relationship started - that's on him, not the immigration system.

i never said about immigration system, i am saying the AWA law, it's ok with the law, but if most of AWA cases failed, that means not right.  the risk has not happened, but many tragedy already happened.  and i dont think this is a protection. if really want to protect, need to do from the beginning. not from the result(they get married)

2 hours ago, trudi said:

So you want all international dating sites banned because your partner is subject to AWA and you don't think it's fair?

As has already been said he should have told you immediately so you could decide to continue getting to know him or not before emotions became involved.  You can continue to blame the rest of the world because he wasn't honest from the beginning (and I do understand why he wouldn't want to be shouting his conviction for all to hear) or you can accept the situation and look for a plan B.

The protection you refer to is mainly for children, either those you have with the offender or those you bring to the relationship, surely you would advocate protecting children who are not choosing to be part of the offenders life?

why you are mad? sounds like your own business. i am not god not the usa law either, you can be mad at those who can deicde the law, not me.

i was saying the AWA law is not right, if you have not this eperience, no need to reply here.

and, i was saying i suggest also ban the sex offenders go to dating site, what did you read? calm down guy, mind your own business.

16 minutes ago, wwln said:

why you are mad? sounds like your own business. i am not god not the usa law either, you can be mad at those who can deicde the law, not me.

i was saying the AWA law is not right, if you have not this eperience, no need to reply here.

and, i was saying i suggest also ban the sex offenders go to dating site, what did you read? calm down guy, mind your own business.

There is no reason to be mad at the Law. The Law is correct. People who break the law are the problem.  People who get into relationships and fail to own up to their crime and tell their prospective partner are the are the problem.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

18 minutes ago, wwln said:

It is a violation of the TOS of this website to tell someone they cannot post. 

Overall, you must disclose it, regardless it will be found out. 

If your future spouse didn't think that committing a sexual crime against a minor would affect him later in life even though he's still going through probation for the next 5 years, then he is delusional. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, cdneh said:

There is no reason to be mad at the Law. The Law is correct. People who break the law are the problem.  People who get into relationships and fail to own up to their crime and tell their prospective partner are the are the problem.

no one ask you to be mad at the law, but the law here has already forced many couples apart while they are enjoying their lives, this is the truth,

Just now, wwln said:

no one ask you to be mad at the law, but the law here has already forced many couples apart while they are enjoying their lives, this is the truth,

.No, those couples, by the behavior of one of them, have done that. That is the truth of it.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.