dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, chamma said:

I am sure you are waiting to call the NVC first thing tomorrow morning. Also, I saw somebody post that CAEC was on maintenance, hopefully this is only a glitch!

Yeah i have to call them anways to link both cases together..Seems like the new system is not working well yet. I hope it won't take them weeks to change it.

Edited by LuckyNoSeven

USCIS

I-130 sent:  11-11-2016

NOA1: 11-15-16

- Nebraska Service Center -

RFE: N/A

NOA2: 06-19-2017 (216 Days)

CASE SENT TO NVC: 06-26-2017

NVC

CEAC UPLOAD PROCESSING

Received: 07-07-2017

Got Case# and Invoice#: 07-08-2017 (via E-mail)

Paid AOS fee: 08-09-2017

Paid IV fee:     08-08-2017

Upload AOS:  08-20-2017

Submit DS-260 and upload IV: 08-28-2017-

- NO CHECKLIST -

CASE COMPLETE: 08-31-2017

Interview - US Embassy, Frankurt, Germany

10/18/2017 - APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, HolaRome said:

I didn't add an area code to my husband's phone number because it didn't fit when I typed it.  I just sent in all my docs... Do you all think I might get docked for that and get a checklist?

An incomplete phone number is problematic but you cannot expect NVC to even know it's incomplete.  The Consulate will though, so call NVC and ask them to do whatever they need to do to correct it.  They will.

For others reading this question and answer, it is always allowed to hand write information that cannot be typed in any form.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/11/2017 at 1:46 AM, Elleandeff said:

I've tried looking this up, but seeing conflicting info/old threads.

I'm under the impression that the petitioner doesn't need to send the divorce decree with the IV packet, as it was already sent to USCIS, is that correct?

Documents that need to be sent pertain just to the applicant/beneficiary... right?

Thanks in advance....

3 hours ago, lamafiosa69 said:

Did you find out if that is the case? @JBMG May have knowledge of this. I myself would like to know in case I need to bring a copy and/or the original with me to my Husband's interview.

It's my understanding that yes, any divorce evidence should be included.  @missileman and @krysten.danis can you please share your input? Thank you, JBMG

missileman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, JBMG said:

It's my understanding that yes, any divorce evidence should be included.  @missileman and @krysten.danis can you please share your input? Thank you, JBMG

missileman

It is listed in both sections:

Marriage Termination Documentation

If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

• Send a photocopy of your marriage termination document(s) to NVC.
  • Bring the original termination document(s) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable marriage termination documents, use the Document Finder above.

Petitioner Documents

If you are applying for an IR5 visa as the parent of a U.S. citizen or for an F4 visa as the brother or sister of a U.S. citizen:  You must obtain an original birth certificate for your petitioner, or a certified copy.

• Send a photocopy of your petitioner's birth certificate to NVC.
  • Bring the original petitioner’s birth certificate plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

• Send a photocopy of the petitioner’s marriage termination document(s) to NVC.
  • Bring the original petitioner’s termination document(s) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable birth certificates and marriage termination documents, use the Document Finder above.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Timeline
1 minute ago, David-Liss said:
It is listed in both sections:
Marriage Termination Documentation

If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

• Send a photocopy of your marriage termination document(s) to NVC.
  • Bring the original termination document(s) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable marriage termination documents, use the Document Finder above.

Petitioner Documents

If you are applying for an IR5 visa as the parent of a U.S. citizen or for an F4 visa as the brother or sister of a U.S. citizen:  You must obtain an original birth certificate for your petitioner, or a certified copy.

• Send a photocopy of your petitioner's birth certificate to NVC.
  • Bring the original petitioner’s birth certificate plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

If you are applying for an IR1, CR1, or F2A visa as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and your petitioning spouse was previously married:  You must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage your petitioning spouse has had. This evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:  FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

• Send a photocopy of the petitioner’s marriage termination document(s) to NVC.
  • Bring the original petitioner’s termination document(s) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For country-specific guidelines on how to obtain acceptable birth certificates and marriage termination documents, use the Document Finder above.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Thank you David-Liss sharing. ;)  @Elleandeff, did you include this info within your NVC package?  FYI -  @lamafiosa69 

Timeline

Hello everyone. Just a reminder to everyone. Please read all the posts on the first page of this forum. Lots of great info in there that can help you with your NVC process. Very important to check out "how to avoid a checklist" If you already have a scan date, please join/follow your dedicated forum. It's explained on the first page.. 

Timeline

55 minutes ago, AnnaBrodbeck said:

I am so worried when I reviewed my submitted DS 260, how to I correct this error. 

I answered no to the question have you ever been refused a visa... etc... the question was confusing for me. How do I change my answer from no to Yes because I was denied a visitor's visa last year. 

I honestly have no intention to lie or anything. It was an honest mistake. I am soo worried, how do I correct this error. Someone pls help! 

Hi @AnnaBrodbeck, Call the NVC and have them update it for you. :) 

They just opened. 

Calling the NVC from outside of the US (or within)

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am / 7h-8h or 23h-24h 

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Timeline
1 minute ago, AnnaBrodbeck said:

How do I call the NVC from the Philippines? Whats the country code, area code? 

You can call directly from your computer using Google hangouts..  Or you can click on the following links to find several ways to contact the US for free.. 

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Hi everyone! Scan date 7th of July.....Let another wait begin:mellow: Also have a silly question  - just checked online status and it still says Action Required - submit documents... any idea how long does it take for NVC to update online case status? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 minute ago, ToniNiki said:

Hi everyone! Scan date 7th of July.....Let another wait begin:mellow: Also have a silly question  - just checked online status and it still says Action Required - submit documents... any idea how long does it take for NVC to update online case status? 

It most likely will not update until you have a CC. That's one way to tell when you have a CC if you are CR1/ir1

1 minute ago, Adreamer said:

It most likely will not update until you have a CC. That's one way to tell when you have a CC if you are CR1/ir1

Thank you! OK I guess now its just all about waiting and praying to avoid checklist:rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.