dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ulrica&Jesse said:

I keep calling NVC every single day minus weekends. They keep telling me that my case is being actively reviewed...since June 29. I think they are confusing case being actively reviewed with case just sitting in a pile with other cases in the reviewing department.:( 

This Friday it will be 8 weeks since my scan date. I know, it's still kinda early to be upset but I just am sooo tired of waiting for my CC :wacko: just like the majority of people on here I'm sure.

Let's hope end of this week will bring some news to us.

Yeah, you might try asking if it's still in the mail room or actually in the review dept..   no need to call everyday as you can just check your status online..  And i don't advise calling the NVC before 9 weeks.. Leaving the lines open for those wanting to verify if they have a  CC.. 

Here are examples to know if you have a CC.. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM/edit#gid=1822387911

Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status 

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

I've discovered that the processing times may depend on the country you come from. So on our spreadsheet, sort by interview city and see how long cases from your country took to get their CC's. 

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. But honestly, I don't see how this really makes a difference as some people stay in review for 1 day whereas others 14 days+.. And the NVC doesn't always tell you if you're under review.. I would start calling the NVC after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later.. 

Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet - 2017  with your latest status.

• If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "June 22 - Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Hi Jol. :) Just the applicant, your wife in this case. 

Thanks; applying the old "trust--but verify" to my judgement here.   And going on my third day of "just ONE more day until the packet will be ready to mail... I think...."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, JBMG said:

Reminder!!  Anyone preparing your NVC package to check out the following. Tips on how to avoid a checklist/stories from people who received them.. Also, if you're using a lawyer, doesn't mean you're safe. Many people that used a lawyer had mistakes with their NVC package, received a checklist requiring them to send in new documentation.  If you noticed that you made a mistake, do not wait for your review, send in the correction ASAP. 

I am going to second this. I noticed we sent in the wrong Swedish birth certificate the day after it was on the way, so we immediately sent in the correct  version,. The scan date changed from March 30th to April 12th (it took longer?) but I did not receive a checklist!

Edited by UsSwedlover

8 hours ago, NihalV said:

able to pay AOS fees , its shoeing status as 'in process' :)

Yes yes yes !! Ah this makes me so happy :) remember if your IV doesn't unlock like mine didn't - give them a call!! 

We've got this *powerflame* haha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Adreamer said:

Has there been no CC's this week? :(

I just saw a couple that look like cc's in the May scan date forum-they're going to confirm tomorrow

one had a SD of 05/15 and the other 05/19 😃

Edited by Kadupul

Timeline

Hello, including this conversation here as it could be helpful for others. This was posted under the NVC area of the forum.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:28 PM, larnar1309 said:

Hi me and my husband are currently collecting documents for our AOS and IV packs. (Filing for spouse visa CR-1)

There are a few things that he is not sure about - any help and clarification highly appreciated!

1) Proof of Domicile 

Does this mean a copy of our apartment lease? 

If your husband is currently living in the US, this is not needed. As his mailing address on the AOS form will be in the US.

2) Form(s) W-2 

Is this form necessary for CR-1 spouse visa application ? If so -  where can we find it?

This or the tax transcripts. 

3) Social Security earnings statement

same as above - Is this form necessary for CR-1 spouse visa application ? 

This is if you're retired/disability.. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:42 AM, larnar1309 said:

@JessieABC I just spoke to my husband and because he only moved back to work in the US from less than a year ago he said his W2 would not be available. In this case should we just write a letter describing why it's unavailable and have it signed by his employer ? Do you know what people do in this case? 

Thanks for your support :)

Please read the following instructions. This will help you out tremendously will filling out the i864. Read every page, every line. ;) 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

I'm American living with my husband in France. So we didn't have w2's.. So YES, you need to write a letter explaining why you don't have w2's for the year 2016.. If for example, he was working in the US for the years 2014 and 2015, then I would suggest providing those Tax transcripts, including a letter to explain that he was working temporally abroad for the tax year 2016, this is why he doesn't have a w2.. Can also explain in your letter that you've attached recent pay stubs/and a letter from the same employer that worked with in 2014 and 2015 explaining the employment history/current status of being employed. 

On 7/12/2017 at 2:31 AM, larnar1309 said:

Okay! He filed separately and we have the IRS tax transcripts for his last 3 years with much over the income required. So I'm assuming we are in the clear with the IRS transcripts ? 

Thank you! 

18 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Thank you for the advice. Because we lived together in Japan for several years the last one would not be recent at all. However as an American Citizen, he still had to file taxes from Japan so I think having the last 3 years of Tax IRS transcripts would probably be better for us than an old W-2? 

Did you also file IRS transcripts?

Tax transcript are great to have. Glad that he did file taxes for every year while working abroad. This is required by US law. But if the last 3 years, the income came from abroad, not from an American employer which provided you with w2's, then it's vital to show recent pay checks, work contract/employment letter. They care about the current income/employment status from an American based income. So show as much proof as you can. 

Sidenote: if by chance, you have lived abroad for 6 months or more after the age of 16, make sure you have police reports from all countries you have lived in. :) If any record/activity on them, make sure you get the corresponding court records. 

17 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like my husband will need to refile his taxes as married!!!! so glad I saw this >_<

15 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

ok so bad news.....

My husband just called up the IRS place and spoke about his transcript. He filed as SINGLE because when he tried to file as married it asked for my social security number and of course I do not yet have one.

Long story short - he spoke to someone on the phone and they provided him with papers that he needs to mail to correct the single to married AND THIS CAN TAKE FROM 6 WEEKS TO 3 MONTHS!!!! omg :( I feel like crying right now....

Has anyone had this situation before?! Is there any way we can pay or request for this to happen faster?!!

Is it really that much of a red flag if he provides his tax transcripts for the past 3 years as single?? we were married 30 dec 2016.. if it has been a few days later this would not be an issue... AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 

losing my mind! :(

@RudelCraig so lovely to meet you too! I will reply about our things in PM so as not to go off track in this topic! <3 

Same thing happened to me but I had I filed as Single because I had read somewhere that if I'm married and living abroad, didn't make a difference since my spouse wasn't living in the US.. But I saw that same post when doing some research here on VJ.. Got freaked out, called the IRS, explained my case, they said to file an amendment. So that's what I did. Filed the 1040x, wrote the following under the  "explanation of changes" 

==

Hello, I made a mistake on my origanal 1040 filed for the year 20xx. I filed "Single" when I should have filed "Married filing

separately". My spouse's full name is ---- ---- ---- NRA - NO US TlN, no SSN. He is not American nor a resident of the

United States. We reside together at....   

ONLY CHANGE ON 1040 WAS FILING STATUS, NO CHANGE ON THE 2555 EZ. 

===

I sent this all into the NVC as well. My tax transcripts, my amended returns with my originally filed 1040 and 2555 EZ forms. Also included a separate letter explaining my situation to the NVC

Here is the text for my letter.

==

Re: IRS Tax Transcript – Amended Returns 20xx

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, ____ _____ ____, SS# xxx-xx-xxxx made a mistake when I filed

my 20xx taxes. I filed “single” when I should have filed “Married

filing separately” On April x, 2017, I mailed the IRS the amended 20xx Federal income Tax Returns.

Enclosed:

• IRS Tax Transcript for the year 20xx

o 20xx amended Federal Income Tax Return

Sincerely,

First name Last name

April, xx, 2017

==

6 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

2) any way we can write a cover letter and have proof of submitting the amendments declaring that we will have the amended documents by the time of interview 

Yes, just as I did above and it worked out fine for me.. I didn't have to wait for it to be processed.. I had no problems with my case at the NVC. :) I received my CC (case complete) within 55 days (7.86 weeks).  Best advice I can give is to leave no ambiguity in your file.. Include letters explaining why anything could appear missing/wrong in your file. The NVC's role is to make sure your file is ready for the embassy to review. That they have everything..  If anything is missing, you'll get a checklist.. They're not there to be investigators, your file tells your story. 

Yes :) I fly out this Saturday! Haven't seen my husband since April! I can barely function I'm so excited :D 

FANTASTIC! Have a lovely trip seeing your hubby.. Great opportunity to prove your relationship, take pics with him but also with his friends/family. They'll ask for updated pics/evidence of a relationship when you go to your interview. But you don't need to send this stuff in with your NVC package. 

Meanwhile, please read the first few posts of the following forum. VERY VERY important info there that will help you throughout your NVC journey. From tips on how to avoid a checklists, to forums to join, to explaining the process, etc.. :) Any future questions, you can post them on that forum. I will copy and paste this conversation on there as well.  

ps. @JessieABC, Great feedback, it def opened up a lot of questions. Well done! :) Larnar1309, seems overwhelming now but by the time you reach your CC, you'll be an expert. ;) 

7 hours ago, larnar1309 said:

Yes yes yes !! Ah this makes me so happy :) remember if your IV doesn't unlock like mine didn't - give them a call!! 

We've got this *powerflame* haha

haha.. called NVC already.. but still AOS is in progress and not seeing any fees for IV. however I am able to click on the Pay not button for IV fees, but its stating 0$ against it.. so I think I have to wait to invoice generation for it.

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

1 minute ago, NihalV said:

haha.. called NVC already.. but still AOS is in progress and not seeing any fees for IV. however I am able to click on the Pay not button for IV fees, but its stating 0$ against it.. so I think I have to wait to invoice generation for it.

@NihalV I'm in the same boat. My aos is paid but the IV fee portion says $0 even though i can click pay now. Weird because the IV fee amount showed up when we were going to pay aos fee last week, just couldn't select it -  and now it's blank. Hubby tried calling nvc yesterday but he couldn't get through all day. Will try again. Good luck! 

13-Mar-18 - POE

27-Apr-18 - Green card received

13-Jan-20 - Mailed out I-751 packet

15-Jan-20 - NOA date

12-Feb-20 - Biometrics appt completed; Status: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

07-Oct-20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

06-Jul-21 - Interview scheduled

Just now, synthrian said:

@NihalV I'm in the same boat. My aos is paid but the IV fee portion says $0 even though i can click pay now. Weird because the IV fee amount showed up when we were going to pay aos fee last week, just couldn't select it -  and now it's blank. Hubby tried calling nvc yesterday but he couldn't get through all day. Will try again. Good luck! 

Ok, let me know if you get any confirmation from NVC

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Timeline
54 minutes ago, vilkim said:

My husband paid AOS and IV fee and now we are waiting on DS-260 to be available. Both of the fees have status "in process". When I complete DS-260 can we send the package out even if the fees are with this status?

Thanks!

As long as your fees say "in process", you can already send out your documents, i completed my ds-260 the day NVC confirmed receipt of my documents.  Here is my timeline. 

4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
6/20/2017 CEAC status changed to "AT NVC" /AOS info gone - Confirmed CC on the phone
6/22/2017 Received CKLST COVER LETTER
6/27/2017 Received CC letter
6/28/2017 Called NVC, received Interview date - Aug 2
6/29/2017 Reserved Medical Appointment
6/30/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4)
7/6/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4) AGAIN.

Status changed to "in transit"

AOS is back and now says in upper right-hand corner
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: PARIS (used to say NVC)
7/10/2017 CEAC Status changed to "Ready"  

Timeline
49 minutes ago, synthrian said:

48 minutes ago, NihalV said:

Ok, let me know if you get any confirmation from NVC

Hi Synthrian and NihalV,

Did you receive your Welcome Letter (via email) and call NVC to review/approve DS261? This has to be done before those IV fee will open up.. 

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, JBMG said:

As long as your fees say "in process", you can already send out your documents, i completed my ds-260 the day NVC confirmed receipt of my documents.  Here is my timeline. 

4/5/2017 USCIS mailed to NVC
4/11/2017 NVC assigned case number
4/12/2017 Filled out the ds-261
4/14/2017 PAID AOS fee
4/18/2017 - Received Welcome Letter (via email)
- Called NVC to approve DS261
- Paid IV fee
4/19/2017 Mailed out Supporting documents
4/24/2017 USPS Tracking confirmed that NVC received documents
4/25/2017 NVC confirmed receipt, scan date
4/26/2017 submitted the 260 - 11 weeks starts today
6/20/2017 CEAC status changed to "AT NVC" /AOS info gone - Confirmed CC on the phone
6/22/2017 Received CKLST COVER LETTER
6/27/2017 Received CC letter
6/28/2017 Called NVC, received Interview date - Aug 2
6/29/2017 Reserved Medical Appointment
6/30/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4)
7/6/2017 Received Interview Confirmation Letter (p4) AGAIN.

Status changed to "in transit"

AOS is back and now says in upper right-hand corner
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: PARIS (used to say NVC)
7/10/2017 CEAC Status changed to "Ready"  

So he can send the package now. Perfect. We need to print off the receipts of the payment and attach it with each of the package, right? And the bar-coded sheets are the ones we got from NVC first welcome letters?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.