dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2017

435 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

May filers, don't advise calling before 9 weeks. :) It's best to leave the lines free.. Because the day your status changes to "at NVC", you're going to want to make sure you get through to confirm your CC's. ;) Good luck!! 

while trying to pay AOS fees, faced below issue. I have seen someone posted same error few days back bit not able to find the thread.

I have not received welcome letter yet..

On Thursday, July 7, 2017, from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.

(Washington, DC time), portions of CEAC will be unavailable due

to scheduled maintenance. Users will not be able to pay fees.

Maintenance is expected to be completed by 4 p.m. but might be

extended beyond this time. Thank you for your understanding.

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, JBMG said:

May filers, don't advise calling before 9 weeks. :) It's best to leave the lines free.. Because the day your status changes to "at NVC", you're going to want to make sure you get through to confirm your CC's. ;) Good luck!! 

Change at "NVC" how us that ?at the top right it says at NVC what's the difference?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, uufarouk said:

Change at "NVC" how us that ?at the top right it says at NVC what's the difference?

When you check the status on ceac.state.gov, it'll have a pop-up; when that says "At NVC" then you have a CC.

On the other inquiry, where you check for payments, etc. It'll say at NVC until it ships to your embassy.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, April Mora said:

When you check the status on ceac.state.gov, it'll have a pop-up; when that says "At NVC" then you have a CC.

On the other inquiry, where you check for payments, etc. It'll say at NVC until it ships to your embassy.

Ok thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
56 minutes ago, uufarouk said:

Please click on the following link to see an example of a CC. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM/edit#gid=1822387911

On 7/7/2017 at 9:59 AM, cleon86 said:

I have seen where some people call and request to speak to a supervisor and when they say none are available they request that they call them back when they are available. Also, try calling right when they open or later in the evening after 7 pm. I hope this helps and I'm sorry this is happening. I know it's so frustrating. 

Thanks for the response. Am quite confused tho, my police clearance will be expiring soon; if it expires before the supervisor reviews it, will they ask that I submit another?? Also, for people from Nigeria, are we required to submit the fingerprinting card alongside the police clearance?? Please I need urgent replies. thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kayman said:

Thanks for the response. Am quite confused tho, my police clearance will be expiring soon; if it expires before the supervisor reviews it, will they ask that I submit another?? Also, for people from Nigeria, are we required to submit the fingerprinting card alongside the police clearance?? Please I need urgent replies. thanks

Yes, you definitely need the fingerprint card from what I understand. NVC wants all 3 pages of the report, that's why we got a checklist-they must have lost 2 pages of our pcc 

I'm not too sure about your first question-when you first submitted your documents to the NVC, how old was your police certificate at that time? I know it says 3 months on the form itself, but from what I've seen around vj, it's good for longer than that...

Edited by Kadupul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/7/2017 at 7:56 AM, Kayman said:

Someone please help me. We got a checklist in april for police clearance. We turned it in april 24th. I called NVC yesterday and i was told our case was reviewed and the police clearance was not from the right authorities which it is. I informed the lady the docs i submitted and she stated it sound right. She stated she will put in the case for supervisor review. I have called twice since then to talk to a supervisor and i was told none was available. I was told it takes six weeks for a supervisor review and my issue with that is that the police clearance will expire by ending of this month. What do i do?? Am really frustrated. Its been a journey and i dont want a second checklist.

I just saw this post-the same exact thing happened to us-they said they could not accept the pcc we sent, but there is only one. So we did the supervisor review after I confirmed with a rep that we had sent in the correct version. It wasn't until after the supervisor review that they told me they only had 1 of 3 pages of our report, which of course, we did send to them. 

Did you put your case number on all 3 pages of the pcc?

Timeline

I keep seeing people saying your case is complete if the status says at the NVC. But my status has said at NVC since I've arrived there. I'm on week 4 at the NVC

4 hours ago, Kadupul said:

Yes, you definitely need the fingerprint card from what I understand. NVC wants all 3 pages of the report, that's why we got a checklist-they must have lost 2 pages of our pcc 

I'm not too sure about your first question-when you first submitted your documents to the NVC, how old was your police certificate at that time? I know it says 3 months on the form itself, but from what I've seen around vj, it's good for longer than that...

the police report  was three months at the time... i got it in April but will be expiring soon.am confused  as to if they will hold it against me by the time the supervisor review it

4 hours ago, Kadupul said:

I just saw this post-the same exact thing happened to us-they said they could not accept the pcc we sent, but there is only one. So we did the supervisor review after I confirmed with a rep that we had sent in the correct version. It wasn't until after the supervisor review that they told me they only had 1 of 3 pages of our report, which of course, we did send to them. 

Did you put your case number on all 3 pages of the pcc?

yes I did... so what did the supervisor say?? were u given another checklist after the supervisor reviewed it??

15 hours ago, NihalV said:

while trying to pay AOS fees, faced below issue. I have seen someone posted same error few days back bit not able to find the thread.

I have not received welcome letter yet..

On Thursday, July 7, 2017, from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.

(Washington, DC time), portions of CEAC will be unavailable due

to scheduled maintenance. Users will not be able to pay fees.

Maintenance is expected to be completed by 4 p.m. but might be

extended beyond this time. Thank you for your understanding.

I posted this! 

I still have the same error message appearing as above however when I click continue I am able to select the Fee and pay it smoothly! 

Paid my IV fee today despite this message still appearing :) 

1 minute ago, larnar1309 said:

I posted this! 

I still have the same error message appearing as above however when I click continue I am able to select the Fee and pay it smoothly! 

Paid my IV fee today despite this message still appearing :) 

Hey did it take a while from the AOS fee showing "PAID" to the IV fee even being available? The IV portion is blank for me still. AOS showed paid on Sunday. 

Just now, synthrian said:

Hey did it take a while from the AOS fee showing "PAID" to the IV fee even being available? The IV portion is blank for me still even though on the home page it says "pay now". AOS showed paid on Sunday. 

13-Mar-18 - POE

27-Apr-18 - Green card received

13-Jan-20 - Mailed out I-751 packet

15-Jan-20 - NOA date

12-Feb-20 - Biometrics appt completed; Status: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

07-Oct-20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

06-Jul-21 - Interview scheduled

1 minute ago, synthrian said:

Hey did it take a while from the AOS fee showing "PAID" to the IV fee even being available? The IV portion is blank for me still. AOS showed paid on Sunday. 

Paid aos on 7/3 and paid IV today 7/12 but we called the NVC yesterday and someone reviewed my choice of agent over the phone and put some kind of supervisor thing on it. She said IV would be available in a week but was able to pay it today!! So I recommend calling the NVC :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.