1,512 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, M&W Ben said:

No haven't heard anything yet.

hi ;

we called last day they said that they have assaigned a case number on fab 23 . i wonder how much time it wil take to receive welcome letter  ?

the representative said that we shoul wait at least four week :( i'm really sad it wasn't supposed to take that much :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amelsbaihi said:

hi ;

we called last day they said that they have assaigned a case number on fab 23 . i wonder how much time it wil take to receive welcome letter  ?

the representative said that we shoul wait at least four week :( i'm really sad it wasn't supposed to take that much :(

Ok, yes I'm just waiting to hopefully soon, we will get number, in the meanwhile, I'm just getting the rest of what's needed together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, M&W Ben said:

Ok, yes I'm just waiting to hopefully soon, we will get number, in the meanwhile, I'm just getting the rest of what's needed together.

Yayyy!!  I see we both got ours case numbers yesterday, congrats, and we'll wishes from here on out:jest:

Edited by M&W Ben

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

What is happening to the Processing of LPR spouse? May 24, California service center...😦😦. It's been 10 months we are waiting for approval of i-130. How much we have to wait to be with our beloved ones!!!!

Edited by Juliar

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/13/2018 at 1:18 PM, annille_vra said:

Hi everyone, please we need some help to understand our application progress.

My usc husband filed a I130 immediate relative for my daughter (his minor step child) in may 2017 (priority date May 8th, 2017), with Texas Center. We called today and spoke to an immigration agent to know why it's taking long. The agent told us our application is under investigation.

What that means? She was already mentioned in my own application when I was adjusting my status to become a permanent resident. All the information were similar and already in my files. 

How long did you experience the wait for that if there is any similar case. 

Thank you for your help. We just hope it's not going to take forever. 

PD: May 8th,2017

Texas Center

Still pending, under investigation.

Hey, annille_vra... So, did you get word on what that was all about? I'm curious as to how your case panned out. Do they notify you electronically that it is under investigation, or is "investigation" the term that they use when they are double checking to ask for REFs? May 8th seems like a long time to wait, although I am seeing a few people have had to do the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Texas Service Center

PD - 6/19/17

Approval - 12/11/17

Sent to NVC - 1/11/18

Received NVC - 1/19/18

Received case # - 2/09/18

Payed AOS Bill - 2/12/18

Currently: received Visa Fee invoice, will pay that tomorrow and working on collecting documents for AOS/IV Packages and send asap. Wait for case completion And hopefully next, receive interview date!!! 2-3 more months to reach goal?? 🙏🏻

Hi all. I have not been on here for a while. We have given up on this visa and decided I will move away from my home country to be with my husband. Meanwhile, our application was received by the Nebraska Service Center on May 19th. To date there has been no contact, not a word. It is extremely disheartening to know that people are unable to be with their loved ones because of the inefficiency of the system. This is our second time applying now. We have been separated for almost a year once again and have grown tired. Good luck to those still waiting. Hopefully the process is quick for the rest of you. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi. I filed in May 2017. My receipt date is May 26, 2017. Still no sign of an interview notice!! I got my EAD and AP in September. My field office is Long Island, NY, and I checked their current processing time and it says as of December 31 2017 they are processing applications postmarked April 02 2017. It's March now, shouldn't they have already worked on May applications? And on top of that, our lawyer filed a request to expedite a couple of months ago because I had a serious medical condition and needed to get surgery and time to recover after. I already got my surgery a few weeks ago and recovering now. He also sent 2 service requests.. Have they just been slow or is there something wrong with my application? I'm getting stressed.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

can anyone tell me whats the current priority date as per MARCH18 visa bulletin for F2A category ? 

is it 1st table(FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES) i.e. 01MAY16

or 2nd table(DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATIONS) i.e.     22SEP17 

i am in LPR and my priority date 17May2017 and service center is California service center.  as per the 2nd table my PD is already current. Can anyone explain me this please.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Starting to get a little  frustrated here.... PD May 22 in Nebraska and we are still waiting our NOA2!! The USCIS website is reporting May 20 now so I thought I would call and see if I could get anywhere. The guy who answered said I had to wait until it was reporting AFTER our date before I could even inquire. We are now 299 days waiting and I feel like we were just forgotten. I have even reached out to our state governor who also "made some calls", I just don't know what more to do :( How can they say that this is not government driven and run on the fees that its customers submit and then treat its customers this way!? Very very poor customer service!

Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 6:44 PM, judy karim said:

Starting to get a little  frustrated here.... PD May 22 in Nebraska and we are still waiting our NOA2!! The USCIS website is reporting May 20 now so I thought I would call and see if I could get anywhere. The guy who answered said I had to wait until it was reporting AFTER our date before I could even inquire. We are now 299 days waiting and I feel like we were just forgotten. I have even reached out to our state governor who also "made some calls", I just don't know what more to do :( How can they say that this is not government driven and run on the fees that its customers submit and then treat its customers this way!? Very very poor customer service!

Sorry to hear this

Just thought I would update you all in case there are any May filers still waiting to hear from USCIS. I received my NOA1 on May 19 and this week (10 months later) received an RFE. Apparently our marriage certificate is invalid because we signed it on the day we got married (confused? Me too) so the certificate does not count as evidence of our relationship and we need to provide financial evidence, which of course we can’t do since we are seperated by 11,000 miles and can’t open accounts in each other’s countries. I could also prove that he is a beneficiary on my benefits here... but they wouldn’t let me add him because he has no social security number. So pretty much just more BS from immigration, making it impossible for myself, my husband, or our mutually shared daughter to actually move on with our lives. As I’ve posted before, I am no longer moving forward with this Visa and am praying that Australia does not give me as hard a time as America has, but I thought I would share my experience here. Good luck to all of you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, ArianneandTaylor said:

Just thought I would update you all in case there are any May filers still waiting to hear from USCIS. I received my NOA1 on May 19 and this week (10 months later) received an RFE. Apparently our marriage certificate is invalid because we signed it on the day we got married (confused? Me too) so the certificate does not count as evidence of our relationship and we need to provide financial evidence, which of course we can’t do since we are seperated by 11,000 miles and can’t open accounts in each other’s countries. I could also prove that he is a beneficiary on my benefits here... but they wouldn’t let me add him because he has no social security number. So pretty much just more BS from immigration, making it impossible for myself, my husband, or our mutually shared daughter to actually move on with our lives. As I’ve posted before, I am no longer moving forward with this Visa and am praying that Australia does not give me as hard a time as America has, but I thought I would share my experience here. Good luck to all of you. 

Oh dear! This is very sad. I wish you Get to reunite with ur husband soon. I wish you all the best. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 3/28/2018 at 11:14 AM, Peachess said:

Oh dear! This is very sad. I wish you Get to reunite with ur husband soon. I wish you all the best. 

I filed I-130 on May 9th 2017.  I still havent heard anything from the nebraska office. This is crazy. Does anyone has any information to share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.