1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Pavel1982 said:

This is 2018!!. They just got NOA2.  Still long way to go. At least 4-6 months up to interview. Even though they can submit 2014,2015 and 2016 tax return during nvc process, they might ask for 2017 tax return during interview  because most of the people submit their tax return by mid April deadline 

I would love to smack myself in the head....you are right, I wasn't thinking about that.....

Edited by Khallaf

17 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

Think about what you are saying, 2016 taxes were filed by April 2017..2015 taxes were filed by April 2016...Meaning 2017 taxes will be filed by April 2018......now with that thought 2018 taxes can not be filed till April 2019......so they can not ask for 2018 taxes. :)

Where did i write 2018 tax return ? How would you justify someone's income (if they have their interview  possibly during May-June, 2018) with 2016 tax return?

I say they might ask for 2017 tax return, not they have to during interview. I have some included some lines from interview letter (where it says need to bring most recent tax return)

Applicants who fall into any category listed in italics below should bring these additional documents:
􀀀 For family-based visa applications:
􀀀 The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of
the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

Edited by Pavel1982

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pavel1982 said:

Where did i wrote 2018 tax return ? How would you justify if someone's income (if they have their interview  possibly during June-July, 2018) with 2016 tax return?

I say they might ask for 2017 tax return, not they have to during interview. I have some included some lines from interview letter (where it says need to bring most recent tax return)

Applicants who fall into any category listed in italics below should bring these additional documents:
􀀀 The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of
the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

I corrected and edited my post....I apologize I miss understood

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pavel1982 said:

Where did i wrote 2018 tax return ? How would you justify if someone's income (if they have their interview  possibly during June-July, 2018) with 2016 tax return?

My earlier post was simply a misunderstanding on my part, and I realized where I was wrong and edited my other post.. I am certainly not looking to upset anyone. once again I am sorry.

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

My earlier post was simply a misunderstanding on my part, and I realized where I was wrong and edited my other post.. I am certainly not looking to upset anyone. once again I am sorry.

Don't worry about it. its fine. We just have to make sure we are giving people right advise.Good Luck with your Journey:jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Texas Service Center. NoA1 May 31 and still waiting for 1-130 approval (i.e. NoA2). Any others out there who are still waiting? Would getting a lawyer involved help?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!

Received our letter in the mail that we've been sent to the NVC!!!

Nebraska Service Center,  Prrioority date May 10th 2017!!

Timeline

i was doing 2017 taxes and will use them for visa process. can someone tell me how u guys r planning to file if spouse isnt in us yet. u can do joint, separate and claim exemption for them or do separate without exemption. whats the easiest and fastest without having to get them an itin? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We still can do joint return even if the spouse is not in US or even if spouse is not an American citizen. But it requires ITIN or SSN. This is an election called 6013 G of IRS. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Niaz said:

We still can do joint return even if the spouse is not in US or even if spouse is not an American citizen. But it requires ITIN or SSN. This is an election called 6013 G of IRS. 

have u or are you applying for itin? if so how long does that take and what all ur nra spouse has to provide. i read it was like official passport..

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am a tax accountant too ...😄 So IT IN takes couple of months. But you need to send your original.passport to IRS or we need to get passport copy attested from US embassy in that country

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Niaz said:

I am a tax accountant too ...😄 So IT IN takes couple of months. But you need to send your original.passport to IRS or we need to get passport copy attested from US embassy in that country

ahh nice. do i need itin for all three situations below?

1. jointly

2. separate and get exemption for spouse

3. separate and no exemption for spouse

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.