smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Okay so I got my call back from Tier 2 and I don't whether to think or believe that what she said to me was "good news" as she put to me multiple times so I will share what she said as I'm still trying to absorb it myself.....

Okay, she was very pleasant and informed me that she could see that my case didn't need to send a RFE and she even said that she's sorry for all of this because I've done my part and they haven't touched by case at all so she said she put me on a brief hold so she can create and Service Request Ticket......

She comes back from putting me on hold and says that she's that my case/petition is at the Philadelphia Field Office which is a good news because that would mean that it's there to be reviewed and if anything they would be the ones to contact now that the Service Request Ticket she created for me would be going to them. And that I could either have an interview or they could just send my case off to JA Embassy. And that with the Ticket being put in I should hear something by 11/24/17.

So I tell her that I'm confused because my case is a fiancé visa case and my fiancé is still in Jamaica so not sure why my case would be at my field office or why I would need an interview solely by myself. I told her my case is not at the AOS stage yet and if my case was sent to the Philly field office why is it that I didn't receive any notification...she said that all cases get routed to their field offices and that it's internal so that is why I didn't receive any notification. But she kept telling me not to worry because based off of what she sees, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my case, they just haven't touched it or reviewed it yet. So this Ticket will notifying them to do so.

Now, I feel like I'm sooooooooooooo confused, and nervous and scared and helpless because I don't think what she told me makes sense unless they need to speak with me directly without my fiancé present before making a decision. I don't know what to think or what to do, but my anxiety just shot back up to an all-time high.

Feedback is definitely needed and appreciated because this is far out of my arena!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Okay so I got my call back from Tier 2 and I don't whether to think or believe that what she said to me was "good news" as she put to me multiple times so I will share what she said as I'm still trying to absorb it myself.....

Okay, she was very pleasant and informed me that she could see that my case didn't need to send a RFE and she even said that she's sorry for all of this because I've done my part and they haven't touched by case at all so she said she put me on a brief hold so she can create and Service Request Ticket......

She comes back from putting me on hold and says that she's that my case/petition is at the Philadelphia Field Office which is a good news because that would mean that it's there to be reviewed and if anything they would be the ones to contact now that the Service Request Ticket she created for me would be going to them. And that I could either have an interview or they could just send my case off to JA Embassy. And that with the Ticket being put in I should hear something by 11/24/17.

So I tell her that I'm confused because my case is a fiancé visa case and my fiancé is still in Jamaica so not sure why my case would be at my field office or why I would need an interview solely by myself. I told her my case is not at the AOS stage yet and if my case was sent to the Philly field office why is it that I didn't receive any notification...she said that all cases get routed to their field offices and that it's internal so that is why I didn't receive any notification. But she kept telling me not to worry because based off of what she sees, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my case, they just haven't touched it or reviewed it yet. So this Ticket will notifying them to do so.

Now, I feel like I'm sooooooooooooo confused, and nervous and scared and helpless because I don't think what she told me makes sense unless they need to speak with me directly without my fiancé present before making a decision. I don't know what to think or what to do, but my anxiety just shot back up to an all-time high.

Feedback is definitely needed and appreciated because this is far out of my arena!

Oh wow! I'm confused too right now after reading that. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did this yesterday morning online (11-08-17)
I called them afterwards too and was told that I had put a service request in online already (as per below) and that the phone call would achieve the same.
In tradition with their turtle speed processing - the inquiry is set to be answered  within about 3 weeks - by 11/30.

USCIS-CaseStatus@dhs.gov
11:09 AM (21 hours ago)

to me 
Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request
Expect a reply by November 30, 2017
Your request ID number is

Edited by MarkbK1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

June filer here. Im going to repost my experience i just had with USCIS here as i posted in June...

I just called, the USCIS representative stated, that they are working on the first week of September and June July and August had very little cases so they are done and completed I asked him is there a possibility my case was transferred he says no I see that it is in California waiting to be processed and I asked is there any way they started working on September and are going to get back to the month they missed he said no because they usually try to work them in the order received he told me he couldn't put in a request for me  because he see that i put one in online,and he says he cant expidite it because it dosent fall under the guide lines.  he said the request I put in is the same as if he would have put it in and I should hear something by December 8th but on the website it says I should hear something by November 30th....He was super super nice and told me to call back when ever i had questions..... just a thought that popped in my head I wonder if June July and August should call NVC to see if it's possible our case was transferred LOL... at this point I don't know what to think 

I'm praying for us all 

1 minute ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Oh wow! I'm confused too right now after reading that. 

I think what she told me is wrong because if my case was routed to Philly, I would have received something in the mail saying that it was transferred.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

I think what she told me is wrong because if my case was routed to Philly, I would have received something in the mail saying that it was transferred.

Yes, correct. Furthermore, I don't think there should be any transfer for K-1. Currently only CSC is the one who process K-1 visa (if I'm not mistaken). It is either they got confused or it might be for different case number. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MarkbK1 said:

Hi Shoegum,

What is this etherpad?

Btw - thx for the daily scans ;)

Just a collaboration page. Keeping track of May fillers on this site who are awaiting approval. Seems we have 37 and counting.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

I just contacted USCIS on live chat, they said they actually sent it on that day!

The good news is you don't actually need to wait 30 days to make a request for a copy like the case status states, you can do it in 15 days!

RFE....so now I'm obssessed with it!

What's usually in the envelope?

Is there a form to send back to USCIS?

Is there just a paper that tells us what USCIS needs?

Oh, good! Then it should be on its way! :)

As to what might be in it... I believe there's a paper that will say what they require, but don't shoot me - I'm a June filer, not there yet! Don't hope to be there eithere, but then none of us do.

Good luck! Hope someone knows.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, TrIndie said:

Hey guys I had my interview today and I was approved. Thanks to everyone on this thread and forum who helped me. Good luck to all those waiting. God bless 😊

Congratulations to both of you!!!  :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, TrIndie said:

Hey guys I had my interview today and I was approved. Thanks to everyone on this thread and forum who helped me. Good luck to all those waiting. God bless 😊

Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

From what I know and have read on this forums, this information may be wrong.

I remember reading cases from some users on this site where the (petitioner) had to have a interview at a local office, however I recall this is mostly for Spouse Visa or other family visa's for some rare cases. I don't think it is done for Fiance visa's.

Also if they case was transferred you would have received a transfer notification from them. NOA-T, - Type's of Case transfers explained here - 

Also I don't think we can trust when they say there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your cases or if you will receive a RFE, they don't have visibility into any evidences we supply as they don't have them scanned in the computers, otherwise they wouldn't need physical case files, which is given to adjudicators to work on. I believe just like anyone else who's case is not approved aside from RFE's their cases are not reviewed yet and the file is sitting in a box either with a adjudicator assigned to that box or on their storage selves.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.