smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, TRWulf said:

Anyone who was sent an RFE request heard back from USCIS yet?

They said they received mine on Oct. 12 and I haven't heard a thing since.

What is the usual turn around time?

Current turn around is about 10 - 14 days

Spoiler

I-129F sent - April 24th 2017     CSC date received - April 27th 2017   NOA1 date - May 1st 2017

RFE - CSC sent October 2nd (case tracker shows 27th September)  RFE - received October 5th  RFE - sent back to CSC  October 6th  RFE- CSC received -October 7th (case tracker shows October 13th) 

NOA2 date - October 18th 2017(case tracker shows October 19th), NOA2 Hard copy -October 24th;  NVC #assigned - November 15th NVC left November 21st

Consulate received - November 28th Packet 3 sent - December 18th; Packet 4 received - December 22nd; Medical exam - January 3rd 2018; Interview -January 17th 2018 APPROVED

Visa issued - January 18th Visa delivered - January 19th POE - January 28th

AOS+EAD+AP

Package sent Feb 23rd 2018, Delivered Feb 26th 2018, NOA1 - text and email confirmations March 8th 2018, NOA1 - hard copies received March 12th 2018

Biometrics appointement - March 30th 2018 (requests received March 16th), 2nd Biometrics appointment for EAD for one of my K2s - April 16 2018

New card is being prepared for I-765 - August 13 2018 (online status), Card is mailed - August 16 2018 (online status), Received approvals for i-130 and i-765, also letter for interview - August 17 2018, Status updated to USPS received your Card - August 17 2018, EAD/AP combo cards received in mailbox - August 18 2018,

SSN cards(K1+K2) received in mailbox August 20 2018

Interview - August 29 2018 Green card for me K1 received September 7th 2018, K2s received 2 weeks later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
19 minutes ago, tpeach said:

I don't know for sure but I have a suspicion, could be the new travel ban hitting K1 visas. Totally a uneducated guess though. I get the million thoughts going through one's mind with things like this. Really will have to wait until you receive the hard copy.   October 18th was the date it was supposed to take effect

I thought about that too. I spoke to an attorney about that a few weeks ago before it was blocked and he said that if it were to take effect, it would effect us at the NVC or embassy stage. but who knows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kannan said:

It's going to be a big Monday. Yuge volume, big, yuge...

Pleaseeee, God! I am going crazy 173 days already 😓

6 minutes ago, kannan said:

Pleasseee

2 minutes ago, Stela&Eli said:

The filing date is entered by the user of the app it is not related to the actual received date with USCIS. So when you're creating your timeline using the app it will show whatever you have entered.

I have an Android app, by Spinach, and it never asked me to enter the date, just the case number. Once I did that it showed my actual case page, same as the official USCIS website.  

1 minute ago, kannan said:

Yesss Sirrrr !!! :lol::lol::lol: I got the confirmation straight from the top ...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, The Squirrel said:

Just letting you know that I received a notification on my app, bright and early this morning, 7am California time. Case approved, no country, just had United states, but oddly it says that the filing date was 5/7/2017, which was a Sunday :huh:. What to think of that?

but it's not your case?  just a random one you track?

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

No @Swissmiss82, it is not my number, but every day I get a hand full of notification about random cases. Notification reads "cases are moving!!! a case similar to yours has just been updated". I guess it is their way of keeping "in touch", keeping you hyped up, considering that my case is in June, nowhere near what they are doing now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a question hopefully you guys can help me out. So I'm the petitioner and my fiance and I were discussing having a church ceremony in Mexico once we have the k1 visa, that way we have her family there, after we will cross and get married on the court in united states with my family. Will this affect the visa in any way?

2 minutes ago, JackSandy said:

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a question hopefully you guys can help me out. So I'm the petitioner and my fiance and I were discussing having a church ceremony in Mexico once we have the k1 visa, that way we have her family there, after we will cross and get married on the court in united states with my family. Will this affect the visa in any way?

It is a sweet thing, but answer is NO. Wait until after the interview, as that act would be considered "lying" in your petition. It gets frowned upon, and it likely may be grounds for denial of your petition.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

It is a sweet thing, but answer is NO. Wait until after the interview, as that act would be considered "lying" in your petition. It gets frowned upon, and it likely may be grounds for denial of your petition.

Yeah that's the intent, after the interview and we have the visa physically we will do all this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

No @Swissmiss82, it is not my number, but every day I get a hand full of notification about random cases. Notification reads "cases are moving!!! a case similar to yours has just been updated". I guess it is their way of keeping "in touch", keeping you hyped up, considering that my case is in June, nowhere near what they are doing now.

@The Squirrel which app do you use? 

On the USCISApp for iPhone, I got a notification for my case today. My received date is June 9th (same as yours?). However, when I checked the app, it still said 'case received' and when I logged on to the USCIS website, it still indicated 'Last Updated' being June 14th. 

Mystery.

To add to the mystery. I randomly follow a couple of other mid-May filers' cases and I also got alerts for their cases, but no change to the status'. They still say 'Case Received' 

Dear God, @June2017UK you must've had a heart attack :o. That is a way to get your blood flowing.

I don't have an I-phone, my system is Android, and the software was made by "Spinach Inc". There are actually 4 different apps in English, and forum members told me tis is the one to use, so I went with it.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, The Squirrel said:

Dear God, @June2017UK you must've had a heart attack :o. That is a way to get your blood flowing.

I don't have an I-phone, my system is Android, and the software was made by "Spinach Inc". There are actually 4 different apps in English, and forum members told me tis is the one to use, so I went with it.  

I nearly did! What an anti climax to see that there has been no change. 

Thanks for the response about your app. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I scheduled my interview to nov 21st and medical exams nov 13th.. sad cause its still a month to go :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.