64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Its very important to get to know a person also some family & friends of theirs.

this young lady may have suffered depression all her life & she thought the US

& a husband would fix it, get her into therapy asap, of course if she'll go, there's

a cry for attention there, just put off having kids for now, see if she will assimilate

with local Russian group in your area so she can socialize. Please do yourself

a favor & speak to a professional, members of her family, a pastor maybe,

you do not want this woman turns up dead or missing and you becoming the.

.suspect. If theraphy fails & her depression continues let her have the vacation

home & file for a divorce.

PS: ask yourself are you spending enough time with her (you work & go to school)

the sexual dept bto at times you have to come off that my minds not into it, ladies

dont like feeling rejected & lonely.

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, mimolicious said:

Careless? She isn't being careless, she is DEPRESSED and SUICIDAL!!!

I'm going to be very blunt- the fact that you think that hurting herself on purpose careless is naive and cold and the fact that you want to send her home thinking she will magically get better, is reckless. You wife literally wants to kill herself, hurting herself is a cry for help and she will still be suicidal in her home country, she needs help yesterday. I know all of this from experience, my 19 year old son attempted suicide 3 weeks ago. The very first thing I did was have him admitted to the hospital and now he is in intensive outpatient therapy. Even with all of the help he has had he is still very depressed, he literally has days that he never gets out of bed, he can barely function. You need to be there for her every single moment that you can, encouraging her, comforting her and understanding the fact that if she could stop felling sad, depressed and suicidal-she would. People don't just all of a sudden snap out of it because of a change of scenery. It is a long road to recovery and there will be many ups and downs, goods days and bad, her emotions can and will change hour to hour and even minute to minute. You need to understand that if she truly wants to kill herself she will and if you do not do something right now to find her help, you may find her dead. Suicide and suicidal thoughts and feelings are not something to take lightly, her life literally depends on what you do from this moment forward to help her. That is the reality of the situation, like it or not. Please get her help before it's too late.

I am so sorry to hear this.   I'll be praying for your son and your family!  Thank you for getting him help, too many people take their lives everyday because people don't take these situations seriously. 

If I could like your response a million times, I would!  Very true words! 

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, FN&KO said:

I am so sorry to hear this.   I'll be praying for your son and your family!  Thank you for getting him help, too many people take their lives everyday because people don't take these situations seriously. 

If I could like your response a million times, I would!  Very true words! 

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Sending lots of positive thoughts and love to mimis family.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Mimilicious, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope he feels better, but I'd like to say something about people with depression and suicide.

ive been depressed before. Sure , I didn't have suicidal thoughts but when my wife injured herself , it was extremely selfish, careless and awful. Carless because if she's thinking about taking her life , and if she was successful  (god forbid) she's choosing on taking the easy way out - leaving me with all of our problems (physically and mentally). And by hurting herself - what stops her from calling 911 and claiming that I abused her?

spousal abuse claims are very serious. I could be charged with a felony and one thing I learned from my friends/family is that women are good liars. When I saw what my wife had done to herself, I'm sorry but I felt sick to my stomach.

as I said , we will get treatment and I'm sorry about your son , I hope he gets better but nobody should take the blame for someone else that takes their life. 

If if someone goes for treatment and they are not doing it for THEMSELVES, most of the time they will FAIL. 

Again , a big thank you to the VJ community. I will fight for my marriage. We will get help.

18 minutes ago, Igsy said:

Mimilicious, I'm sorry to hear about your son. I hope he feels better, but I'd like to say something about people with depression and suicide.

ive been depressed before. Sure , I didn't have suicidal thoughts but when my wife injured herself , it was extremely selfish, careless and awful. Carless because if she's thinking about taking her life , and if she was successful  (god forbid) she's choosing on taking the easy way out - leaving me with all of our problems (physically and mentally). And by hurting herself - what stops her from calling 911 and claiming that I abused her?

spousal abuse claims are very serious. I could be charged with a felony and one thing I learned from my friends/family is that women are good liars. When I saw what my wife had done to herself, I'm sorry but I felt sick to my stomach.

as I said , we will get treatment and I'm sorry about your son , I hope he gets better but nobody should take the blame for someone else that takes their life. 

If if someone goes for treatment and they are not doing it for THEMSELVES, most of the time they will FAIL. 

Again , a big thank you to the VJ community. I will fight for my marriage. We will get help.

I'm sorry, but you don't have a flipping clue about REAL depression. What your wife did wasn't being selfish, careless or awful in the sense you see it. Easy way out?????? Wow, you need to be in therapy as much as your wife does, you need to understand she may have had these thoughts when she was still in her country. Add to the mix, moving to a new country, living with someone, who at most you only spend a few weeks or a month with at a time. Adjustment doesn't come immediately, of course she isnt sure what she wants to do because she's depressed. I'm glad you are saying you will get help for the both of you, but your thought process right now is you are more worried about false claims against you for abuse or how women are good liars? 

I have to stop here before im banned, but i suffer from depression, didn't leave my house for 3 months, couldnt face people, go grocery shopping, i also thought about suicide. So, was i being careless, selfish and awful??? NO i wasn't, i needed help , I thank  god for my doctor and therapists for helping me live a full life again.

Do your wife a favor, support her, try and understand her, it's not all about you and how you feel.

Good luck

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Igsy said:

I am very pleased that you came here to ask for help and that most people here are trying to help.   I think you are dealing with a person with CLINICAL DEPRESSION although no one other than a medical professional can tell for sure.   CLINICAL DEPRESSION is very different than feeling sad (depressed) about a situation..  Imagine how you would feel if something truly horrible happened to you, for example if you were falsely accused of a horrible crime and had to face trial.. You would be potentially depressed about it.  Now imagine feeling that way and having no idea WHY you feel that way..  You look at your life, all is wonderful,  in your wife's case she has a husband who clearly cares about her, she doesn't have to work and likely by the standards of her home country is probably really well off.   But she still feels bottom of the barrel.   Ask her what would make her stop being depressed and she may tell you what she THINKS will do it.  She is likely mentally searching desperately for a reason she feels this way and is likely feeling guilty about being depressed when her life is so good.   I'm further guessing that she's likely been clinically depressed her whole life.  This is not a condition that ever really goes away.. it's just treated or justified.  My guess is in Russia she was also depressed but was able to blame it on her life circumstances in Russia and reasoned with herself that once she got to the USA with her loving husband that she'd no longer have a reason to be depressed.  In fact, the excitement and the anxiety of the move/change was perhaps sufficient to keep the depression at bay for awhile.   But the underlying condition was still there.   You might check to see if she was athletically active in Russia and ceased to be so in the USA.  If that's the case strenuous exercise on a regular basis sometimes works as a treatment for depression and if she changed those habits then that could be a possible explanation.      The other think about clinical depression is that it is insidious in that often times it will act almost like a beast fighting any attempt to change the status quo,  So getting a job, no she won't likely be able to do that as the depression will make her self sabotage.   Not everyone believes depression is an actual illness.  For those of us afflicted it is VERY real and we know falling victim to it, failing to manage it properly, failing to recognize what it is can be life threatening.   Robin Williams,  Bless his Soul is a good example.  We assume he had every reason in the world to be happy but in the end depression killed him.  

I wish you the best of luck with this... She and you CAN lead a happy and fulfilling life but she needs you right now and from your posts I read that you recognize this and are trying to do the best thing for her.   Talk with people, read up on Clinical depression and continue to seek out professional support.    God Bless you and you wife.

I think you're on the right track with getting help, but in order for it not to come across as just "Trying to fix her" please consider a few additional things.
Firstly, intimacy.  You may not be in the mood but be close to your wife.  Even just cuddling her, spending time with her, kissing her like you mean it.  For females, touch is a big part of feeling loved. 
Secondly, its great that you want to give her a chance to go and see family, but is it possible for you to go with her?  Going on that trip to support her as her husband would mean so much more to her than you can imagine.  
Be her husband who loved her, married her, and wanted to be with her.  No counselling will "fix" things if she still feels like you're just someone living in the same house rather than her husband.  Believe me, I have been there and fortunately we spoke about it and it's all good now.  Support her, do those little things to show you care, and be there for her.  Thank you for coming on here and asking for advice, and please realise that by accidentally finding that note you have been blessed with a chance to make things right before its too late.  All the best, I'll be praying for you.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

OP you have no idea what nonsense you are on about!  You clearly have never experienced real depression!

can you please read what people have written here.

Timeline

We can't and we shouldn't diagnose his wife in the forum, online one side story. We don't know, even her husband doesn't know what's going on in her mind. She could be very sick and act irrationally and she could be a very manipulative person, some manipulative people even are very clever manipulating the medical opinion about depression.

In one thing I agree, OP, please, call emergency services and maybe, before calling, explain to your wife she can be locked up at the hospital for evaluation and her personal record won't be good to find a good job, to take care of the kids and to work in certain jobs as well maybe even to obtain the drivers license. If she is a very manipulative person, she will stop her erratic behavior as she will understand it's not good for her own life, even for the divorce you would have the advantage. If she is really sick, she will get your help and professional help no matter what and maybe it's a good idea to get the treatment in her country as here, in US, the mental illness history is not good for the future

Tasha

Timeline

Ah, also, please ask her family members or herself if she has the suicidal history or depression treatment history in her country. Usually in her country people like her behave normal as they know, they can be lock up in a very strong medical mental institution but coming to the western countries, they also know here are human right, everybody is caring and polite, so they just stop controlling themselves and try to manipulate the people around them. If this is the case, ask her and yourself, why she can control herself and be normal in her home country and why this misbehaving in US?

I'm gobsmacked at some of the responses, suicidal thoughts and intent is not 'misbehaving'

It is a clear indication of how unhappy she is, I doubt that she wants to feel this way and a bunch of strangers suggesting that she has no right to her feelings is ludicrous - she is clearly deeply unhappy and no one has the right to judge the validity of her feelings.

OP please get her the help and support she needs and to everyone who is sitting in judgement I sincerely hope that if you or anyone you love ever  feels so desperate they contemplate taking their own life they find compassion and support not condemnation.

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.