Neevs&day

Visa rejected under 221g for administrative processing. Consular advised to wait for few days

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Neevs&daylen said:
I appeared in K1 visa second time in 3 years. They rejected my visa again and put my case under 221 G and told me that they need time to review the case and therefore your case has been put under administrative processing. Time limit they have mentioned that it may take short or it may take long depending upon pending cases. I have applied for K1 visa and have been rejected second time, however this time they have not returned my case to USCIS as the did last time and instructed me to wait. My point of concern is that they have mentioned rejected in a white letter that they have given me. If it is rejected, what if the point of saying that they will contact me as soon as possible. I specifically asked if it is the same as last time, he said no last time it was sent back to USCIS and I'm not sending your case back and I need time to review your case. Should I trust the consular and keep any hope?

When will your approved petition expire?  The consular officer didn't ask for more evidences? 

Found this for you. I don't know much about 221g or AP, but I searched the net and found this, so hopefully there may be light at the end of the tunnel and NAT2016 has a good point.

What Are Some Reasons That Form 221(g) Is Issued?

Some of the most common reasons an applicant can be placed on AP are:

• Missing documents: If any required document is missing, you will need to submit them as soon as possible.
  • Background check: Verifies you are not on any alert lists, may take longer if you have a common name.
  • Employment check: Similar to background check but will look into your employment history.
  • PIMS: If a petition has not been updated at the KSC (Kentucky Service Center) it will be placed on administrative processing until the information gets updated.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

And I found this, not sure what it all means but Im sure someone on here with more knowledge might be able to help you.

The following are the color codes and the explanation of what each color means:

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS. 

45 minutes ago, Neevs&daylen said:

I know there is cultural difference in India but in america multiple marriage is usual. An American citizen has applied for a visa to marry USA, how does it matter to a consular how indian culture is.

Umm, an Indian national applied for a visa. As such US consular officials make a decision on a foreign national's visa eligibility based, in part, on an understanding of the applicant's culture in his\her home country. Indian culture is somewhat relevant here. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Initially they refuse everyone in my country under the same law. But they will approve your case once they complete the application review. I dont know about your country but this is how it goes in mine

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The visa is 'rejected' because it could not be approved without the CO reviewing it.

Once the CO has reviewed your case he will make a decision, approve it or return it to USCIS.
That is what I gather from your posts, temporarily rejected due to pending AP.
You were told he is not sending your case back and he needs time to review it.
Nothing less, nothing more.
Wait and be patient and email them once a month yourself or through a senator, requesting an extension of your
petition. CO's automatically extend a petition during AP unless they want to return it. Since it was an issue last time
I would do the extension request when it gets close to the 4 months validity date.

If returned, marry and file a CR1.
You probably won't make it by your planned wedding date.
What you could have done was make 'non binding plans' without a definite deposit or date set for the venue, catering etc,
but submit estimates of it, for example, the price of catering, the wedding cake, the wedding garments, list of guests and

so on. That way you wouldn't be out of money you already paid for the wedding day.

Your issue was not spending enough real time together, face to face visits are very important and this has nothing to do with

anything interracial.
Another big fail was you telling the CO on your first K1 interview that she just visited once and you want to visit with her before

deciding to marry. You shot yourself in the foot with that. Visiting her requires a B2, not a K1.

A K1 is for couples who already know they will marry after visa is granted.
Best wishes for a speedy approval to you both.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
12 hours ago, KierenHby said:

How do people connect on Facebook across continents, having never met prior, I'll never know.

That being said, from what I've heard delhi is high fraud. AP takes time. Alternative option is marriage and spousal visa you were advised couple years ago. 

I met my husband that way, we've been married for 5 and a half years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Neevs&daylen said:

Kieren, technology has changed now and world has become small now. I didn't fell in love with my fiancee just through Facebook, but when we did audio and video calling.

The consular has same believe but it is not my fault if they don't believe. I spend hours with my fiancee in audio and video chat and always feel like she is next to me. 

About marrying in India, my fiancee can avail leave from her job for maximum 9 days, though it is twice a year. Unfortunately these months in which her vacation falls, these months are not considered for marriage. I can marry her in Hindu tradition only here in India but I can't marry her in unsacred months. Though this is a fact but I know a Consular will never consider these facts.

Dont worrt about it.. i filed for spousal visa from delhi.. i got exactly same letter like u did.. it should be done within a month.. my thoughts to you is to email them once in 10 ten days just to make sure you case in delhi.. 

My Time line is Updated! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, shell20 said:

Yes, the cultures are vastly different as are the choices to travel to see your fiance or loved one and yes I am lucky to have been born in the UK.  Love is love though, children or no children and no matter how old you are.

I also realise that India is classed as a high fraud country as regards to K1 and such, unfortunately this has a knock on effect for people who do fall in love and all I can say on this particular topic is that I feel sorry for the couple and I wish them much luck! Life is too short to be unhappy.

unfortunately, love is not love.  in certain cultures the religion wants them to marry a younger, pure women.  i am sorry, but u cant compare your UK experience to someone from India! in many cultures marriages are arranged for a reason.  

You have alot of red flags!!! i am sorry, i would deny you as well.  2 7 days visits? and you have many excuses for not having a marriage in india.  she is twice divorced? not muslim and older.. that is not normal in the indian culture!  if she cant spend more time with you, and you cant marry her in India then maybe you should look for a younger america woman.. and also, lots of indian men troll women on fb.. another big red flag. 

i dont feel sorry for them! their is so much fraud in india and certain cultures. generally, the marriages that succeed have lots of face time, are the same religion . and the woman is younger and has never been married.. that is a cultural norm where you are from. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear all, thanks for your valuable comments. I'm just holding 5% hope of getting it approved. Me and my fiancée are devastated now, we have planned for marriage in March and dreamed about a loving life thereafter. 

I need your opinion on this:

My fiancée visited her local congressman's office as they were aware of our case and helped us in past as well. They have sent letter of support to local embassy, will it work somehow in my case? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are disappointed then you are not understanding the responses that you have gotten.   Based on the answer you got at the interview your case has NOT been denied.  It may be in the future after the CO further reviews what you yourself imply is a lot of data supporting the legitimacy of your relationship.  But so far all you know is that the CO is further reviewing.  You can see that as a good thing - He didn't deny you at the interview or a bad thing - he didn't approve you and might further reject you.  The letter of support from your future wife's congressman is unlikely to make a difference.  You simply need to wait and pray that it is accepted this time.  Understand that Red flags are exactly that and you have no opportunity to argue with a CO at an interview.  You can say things that will hurt you but at this point you just have to wait and see what happens.. Hope it works out for both of you.   If your visa isn't approved then you have to look at options to get Married and apply for a spousal visa but you and your future wife in that case need to really sit down and try to take a step back and say what would a complete stranger think of this relationship would then believe it is real and if they had doubts what could you do to make those doubts less or make the relationship more believable?   Again to be clear I'm not saying your relationship isn't real I'm say it doesn't matter if it's real or not if the person deciding your fate doesn't believe it's real.   Best of luck hope you get the Visa that is currently in AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Caliliving, it is very unfortunate if you don't consider love as love. I don't need your advise to find someone else. You don't know what love is.

Me and my fiancée fell in love with each other not because of physical appearance but because of our common psychology and understanding. She is a professor in psychology and have studied Indian culture as well. I'm also well qualified and earning good in my country. I spent most of my life in studies and never attracted to anyone before because I always have preference of a good heart rather than a good body. Fortunately she is the combination of both and her previous 2 marriages couldn't worked because of that psychological compatibility.

India would have been developed if its resources were not looted by Britishers. However still India is among fastest growing economy and people like me has many opportunities here to grow. I never wished to leave my country but she don't wished to move India till her kids grow and become independent. 

All my need is to marry her at earliest as we both are waiting from last 4 years and it's been too long. And regarding my culture, my fiancee knows better then me and she loves Indian culture. This is the land where Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi was born. 

If you see whole world with same view, you need to get the glasses then. 

6 hours ago, caliliving said:

unfortunately, love is not love.  in certain cultures the religion wants them to marry a younger, pure women.  i am sorry, but u cant compare your UK experience to someone from India! in many cultures marriages are arranged for a reason.  

You have alot of red flags!!! i am sorry, i would deny you as well.  2 7 days visits? and you have many excuses for not having a marriage in india.  she is twice divorced? not muslim and older.. that is not normal in the indian culture!  if she cant spend more time with you, and you cant marry her in India then maybe you should look for a younger america woman.. and also, lots of indian men troll women on fb.. another big red flag. 

i dont feel sorry for them! their is so much fraud in india and certain cultures. generally, the marriages that succeed have lots of face time, are the same religion . and the woman is younger and has never been married.. that is a cultural norm where you are from. 

I'm not sure he stated he was Muslim and I don't think I told you my religion either. As I have said a few times I do understand that there are cultural differences, although that can happen in the UK as well..  I think I am correct in also thinking not all Indians are Muslims, as some actually may be Sikh, Hindu,Christian, etc.

As for marrying a younger woman?  Isn't that his choice?

I do not want to get into debate about this. I feel I am in my right to wish them both luck with what ever happens and that's all my post ever intended to do is wish them good luck and show them that I had empathy for their case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.