5,920 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Yes...I saw that and already filed for the past processing dates, plus this past Tuesday a tier 2 person offered to do an inquiry for me with a target date of the 27th....I'm hoping to get good news...the ombudsman wrote me that they couldn't see if I was in security checks anymore but that it appeared I was ready for adjudication....I'm hoping since the dates changed and the inquiry was done right before maybe they'll just approve it and hopefully not make me wait any longer....it would be nice to go to the next stage finally. Thank you for thinking of us....

I cant believe your still waiting, i can only imagine how your feeling right now. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get to hear them magical words soon enough. 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Missabc said:

I cant believe your still waiting, i can only imagine how your feeling right now. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get to hear them magical words soon enough. 

Me either...its really taxed our relationship....I really need some good news right now...were both losing hope...I am trying to just imagine my approval...maybe I can will it into existance.

Edited by Lovemycroatianman

45 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Me either...its really taxed our relationship....I really need some good news right now...were both losing hope...I am trying to just imagine my approval...maybe I can will it into existance.

It is very frustrating, January 17th filer and I am still waiting with no RFE just sitting on NOA1. Have filed 2 inquiries and now currently have one with my local congressman. Hoping for more of an answer with his because they've told me nothing in the ones I filed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

It is very frustrating, January 17th filer and I am still waiting with no RFE just sitting on NOA1. Have filed 2 inquiries and now currently have one with my local congressman. Hoping for more of an answer with his because they've told me nothing in the ones I filed.

Wow did you file inquiry online for past processing? Whta kind of inquiries have you done?...I have a phone one from the tier 2 and the past processing now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, GInAustin said:

USCIS finally moved their K-1 timeline to March 1st and I'm finally able to submit an inquiry into why our application is over the normal processing time.  220 days today.  :(  We are so concerned it will not happen this year with my PTO expiring December 31st.  I will have to wait another four months to earn enough time off to visit the Philippines before we can get married unless my fiancé comes to US alone.  Was so wanting to go this year.

Congratulations to all that have already received their NOA2 and to those already with their loved ones.

Your timeline make me want to puke. No joke. I can't imagine how it makes you feel.

PTO? Personal time off?

I don't get it you want to get married IN the Philippines?

Good afternoon:

Just an update on our case my fiancée scheduled visa interview appt for next Monday in Taipei. Today I will send documents to her which she will receive Friday. Another friend went through admin processing as she didn't have exam results either. There are no appointments for October or November and hope no serious issues arise as she will get medical exam results on Sept 29.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LabOz said:

Your timeline make me want to puke. No joke. I can't imagine how it makes you feel.

PTO? Personal time off?

I don't get it you want to get married IN the Philippines?

Yes, sorry for the accronyn, PTO is paid time off. I was wanting to visit the Philippines, personally meet his family and friends, have him fly back to the states together and marry me here.  Same sex marriage is not yet recognized in the Philippines. If we can't do it by year end, I lose 50% of my PTO because of company policy.   I will fly him back alone but I really wanted to have  his parent's blessings in person for their son's hand in marriage.  I love him and will always respect his family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, GInAustin said:

Yes, sorry for the accronyn, PTO is paid time off. I was wanting to visit the Philippines, personally meet his family and friends, have him fly back to the states together and marry me here.  Same sex marriage is not yet recognized in the Philippines. If we can't do it by year end, I lose 50% of my PTO because of company policy.   I will fly him back alone but I really wanted to have  his parent's blessings in person for their son's hand in marriage.  I love him and will always respect his family.

So, could you take some of your PTO and go visit one more time before year end and then go back later to fly home with your loved one? 

After the k1 is issued the visa has a 6 month validity. 

Edit.....kinda in the same boat.....I am waiting on an interview appointment with no hope in site....In my case, I  think the next appointment available will be in December <_<

Edited by janet3

Timeline
11 minutes ago, janet3 said:

So, could you take some of your PTO and go visit one more time before year end and then go back later to fly home with your loved one? 

After the k1 is issued the visa has a 6 month validity. 

Edit.....kinda in the same boat.....I am waiting on an interview appointment with no hope in site....In my case, I  think the next appointment available will be in December <_<

I thought it was only three months. Maybe my mistake. Was truly wanting us to fly back together.  It would mean the world to me. 

Edited by GInAustin

Timeline
6 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

Oh. Wow. I cannot even begin to imagine how that must feel. I am so sorry and angry for you. I hope you hear something soon. You deserve to hear something soon. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, GInAustin said:

I thought it was only three months. Maybe my mistake. Was truly wanting us to fly back together.  It would mean the world to me. 

Once the visa is approved the recipient has 6 months to come to the US  (I think it may actually be 6 months from the medical exam).....after your fiance arrives in the US you have 90 days to get married....

So....if you wanted  (and have the funds and time) you could go to the Philippines at the end of the year and your fiance could go through the interview and you could go back in March or April and fly home together. 

My fiance has an intense fear of flying....I plan on going to Algeria in October...letting him do the interview in November and going to see him in December so we can fly back together....

Edited by janet3

Timeline
On 9/18/2017 at 9:23 AM, Camie said:

Unfortunately she needs her medical results at the interview. It's absolutely mandatory and they will not allow you to proceed to interview. 

The results of the medical will will help determine if she's clear and healthy to travel to the US or if she needs further tests.

Hi Camie! How's your interview at USEM yesterday?

Timeline
5 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi Camie! How's your interview at USEM yesterday?

Hi! It went well! Filipino consul was concerned about my fiance never having lived in the US before despite being a citizen, but the American consul never even brought it up and they also never asked for affidavit of support. I think it helped that my fiance was with me during the interview as well.

When's your interview?

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Had my interview today... so confused: Administrative Processing

They CO did not say why, if there is anything missing, just that sometimes they do some deeper analysis and can take up to 10 day.

I want to cry so badly!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.