5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
3 minutes ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

If you simply look in the App Store, USCIS Tracker, there are several apps. My NOA2 is not showing in the Scan or USCIS website! 

I do not know if true, but I read that if you can reach Tier 2, your approval comes ins week. I know only circumstantial evidence, but worked for us. 

I detailed my experience with Tier 2 on this discussion group. I really hope this helps. I am a timid person. Hopefully my detailed story helps.

Last Thursday 5/26 I called USCIS and spoke with a Teir 2. He told me that my case was on someone's desk. And I see that RFEs and approvals are issued just 1 case number after me and 3 before me. It's just so frustrating. I am going to call again on Monday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

HI everyone, I have posted a few times on this forum and have read everyone's comments. I am so thankful for everyone and the advice I have read. I have received my NOA2 and my case now has a case number...but it's still at the NVC. I was so happy to receive the NOA2 and thought that we are on the right track and everything will go smoothly. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way for me. I'm not giving much detail, but I am currently in Ecuador visiting my fiance. Everything was fine, but Tuesday he told me he didn't want to continue with the visa because his friend told him it was virtually impossible for it to be approved. Just to let you all know...please tell your fiance/es not to listen to discouraging remarks from others. I am devastated. I've known him since 2004 and we have been in a relationship for over three years. He has helped me through a lot especially through the death of my daughter back in August. His son has decided to live with his mom and didn't want to come to the US, so I do know my fiance didn't want to leave his son. I understand this, but It is still difficult to deal with. I have changed my flight and will return to the states on Monday (this was going to be a month long visit). I'll be ok. My faith in God is strong and I know He has me in His hands. I wish you all the best of luck in your visa process. God bless you all. 

01/27/2017:     I-129F Mailed

02/01/2017:     NOA1 (Receipt Date: Feb 01; Notice Date: Feb 03)

05/17/2017:     NOA2 (Received May 22, USCIS still shows as received)

05/23/2017:     Case mailed from California to NVC

06/02/2017:     Case Number Received (I called) from NVC

06/09/2017:     Case Status: Ready in Guayaquil, Ecuador

Timeline
7 hours ago, Maikol said:

My case was received by the USCIS on February 17, 2017

Notice date on NoA2 May 17, 2017. Sent to NVC

Hard copy of NoA2 received on May 22. 2017

After reading some of the replies in this topic and how much evidence some people sent, I'm now a little bit nervous. Can the NVC reject your application? Some are saying they sent 40+ pictures and didn't get approved yet or received an RFE,  I feel bad for you. My fiance and I have been together for a year and a half now, but we're friends for about half a year before that. She's from Mexico and I've been to visit her 5 times since late June of 2016. The last visit was after I filed the k1.

All I sent for evidence of our relationship was 4(four)pictures of us together,(1 with the engagement ring) but none of the pictures prove we took them in Mexico and evidence of visits was plane tickets and boarding passes. It shocks me that mine was approved and some of the people who sent way more evidence then me hasn't been approved yet. To top it off, she's from Mexico so I was wondering if it would be harder now with the current...administration.  I'm really hoping it works out for you guys, and you receive your approval soon

Can the NVC reject your application? Or ask for more evidence?

For us, I could not have imagined doing this process on my own. If I made a mistake and received a RFE or been denied, I would have really hated myself. We paid Rapid Visa to do our Application.

They only allowed 10 photos. We copied the photos onto a Word document with an explanation of date, location, names of those in the photos. They also suggested we send no proof of ongoing relationship. No texts, emails, additional photos, call logs nothing. They recommended we save this for the interview!

I know VJ Members say otherwise, but worked for us!

3 minutes ago, JayCee17 said:

HI everyone, I have posted a few times on this forum and have read everyone's comments. I am so thankful for everyone and the advice I have read. I have received my NOA2 and my case now has a case number...but it's still at the NVC. I was so happy to receive the NOA2 and thought that we are on the right track and everything will go smoothly. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way for me. I'm not giving much detail, but I am currently in Ecuador visiting my fiance. Everything was fine, but Tuesday he told me he didn't want to continue with the visa because his friend told him it was virtually impossible for it to be approved. Just to let you all know...please tell your fiance/es not to listen to discouraging remarks from others. I am devastated. I've known him since 2004 and we have been in a relationship for over three years. He has helped me through a lot especially through the death of my daughter back in August. His son has decided to live with his mom and didn't want to come to the US, so I do know my fiance didn't want to leave his son. I understand this, but It is still difficult to deal with. I have changed my flight and will return to the states on Monday (this was going to be a month long visit). I'll be ok. My faith in God is strong and I know He has me in His hands. I wish you all the best of luck in your visa process. God bless you all. 

That's hard to hear 🙁. i am so sorry.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JayCee17 said:

I am very sorry, I have considered you a friend for awhile!

😔 Very Sorry 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I am very sorry, I have considered you a friend for awhile!

😔 Very Sorry 

Thank you, you have been a friend of mine as well. :crying:

01/27/2017:     I-129F Mailed

02/01/2017:     NOA1 (Receipt Date: Feb 01; Notice Date: Feb 03)

05/17/2017:     NOA2 (Received May 22, USCIS still shows as received)

05/23/2017:     Case mailed from California to NVC

06/02/2017:     Case Number Received (I called) from NVC

06/09/2017:     Case Status: Ready in Guayaquil, Ecuador

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, SugarLai said:

are you from Texas too? we planed to have a fall wedding in Houston too. but we are still waiting for NOA2...really worry about it now

I grew up in Texas but live in Missouri. Once a Texas girl, always a Texas girl ;)

He's much more relaxed than me. I'm the worry-er lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm getting a little worried from all these RFE's. What I read before I submitted was that you should send the bare minimum they ask for and not send anything additional unless they ask for more. The only thing that concerns me now is that I didn't send any pictures of us together because I thought the passport stamps and flight tickets would prove that I visited. I did submit the passport style pictures and I thought it was during the interview they ask for more pictures together. Just curious if anyone got approved without pictures together.

3 hours ago, JayCee17 said:

sorry that this happened to you.

but here there is more than listen friends, why his friend say that is imposible he gets approved at the interview?

is there any reson?, for mee looks like if he isnt sure about his love for you,

he can visit his son, here there is sonthing else.

i am really sorry for you, God bless you and helps you in this situation

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

So I downloaded the search app for uscis and found my case... I am number one on the list for the day of Feb 21 which was my received date... No one from Feb 21 has gotten any further than "case received" the only ones I see are expedited cases from may and June? Wth 😆😆 not fair 😉😉 is anyone on here from that day? My receive date is feb 21 and noa1 feb 24 

My NOA1 date is the same as yours, and we received our NOA2 in the mail this past Friday. Stay positive, I'm sure it's on it's way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

So I downloaded the search app for uscis and found my case... I am number one on the list for the day of Feb 21 which was my received date... No one from Feb 21 has gotten any further than "case received" the only ones I see are expedited cases from may and June? Wth 😆😆 not fair 😉😉 is anyone on here from that day? My receive date is feb 21 and noa1 feb 24 

We've got the same received date! Still no approval. The person above me has gotten theirs approved so I'm hopeful we'll get ours soon!!! 

I received my NOA1 in snail mail around March 11. It took that long because my fiance is a US citizen living here in Manila. Hopefully the NOA2 has been approved and just taking forever to get to us in the mail, apparently no emails are being sent out, unlike with the NOA1. Quite annoying. Haha

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So two things:

1. Are we the only ones who didn't submit proof of financial status/support with our petition? It wasn't included in the list of requirements, yet I see people talking about that on here. I do, however, see that requirement for when we apply for the visa itself. Im just a little confused, and worried, that we missed that requirement with the petition and will end up with an RFE.

2. I just checked the Case Status Checker on the USCIS website and it's currently down, apparently they're doing maintenance and HOPEFULLY they're finally going to fix it, or at least update the damn thing at the least. 

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.