5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, fila said:

I got approved in mailbox. on website still say " Case was recieved". No email.

Sent from Thailand- Feb 18, 2017

NOA1- Feb 21, 2017

NOA2- May 23, 2017 (88days)

Hard copy letter- May 30, 2017

Good luck to everyone

NOA1- Feb 24, 2017 not 21

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jon&Anna said:

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday we received an RFE and I'm seeking advice on what evidence to mail back.  My fiance is from the Philippines, but she lives and works in Singapore.  I traveled to Singapore in November to visit her.  The RFE states that I have proven that I traveled to Singapore, but I didn't prove that I was with my fiance there.  The evidence I mailed initially was 15 pictures of my fiance and I together, hotel receipt, passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts of attractions we visited with pictures, an email to the hotel stating that my fiance was checking in for us and their response.  I see that the evidence does prove that I was there and the pictures show we were together, but how do I prove that we were together in Singapore in November?  I'm not sure what other evidence to send back.  I can send more pictures of us together, but that doesn't prove a date and location.  We are each going to write a statement that we were together too.  We are also going to show evidence that she lives there (permanent residency documents) and a letter from her employer that she works there.  If anyone has any other suggestions for evidence, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jon

That's strange. I feel you have tons of evidence you show you met. Maybe, as someone else mentioned, they lost some of it?? For the attraction picture, does it have Singapore on the picture?? If not you could google it and include a pic of it with info to show it is in Singapore.  I'm really at a loss what to suggest because you already included so much evidence.  

2 hours ago, Jon&Anna said:

Yes, I agree.  They already know she lives and works in Singapore and they said they know I went to Singapore in November, so what other reason would I have to go there?  It seems crazy to me.  I guess I have to prove that the pictures were taken in November 2016 somehow.

Hi Jon and Anna, I would suspect that the RFE might stem from you going to visit your fiancee in November then filing for the visa application just a few months later...Just make sure you can prove and show an ongoing relationship going back before November, longer period of time the better.  I first met me fiancee in July 2016 and went back to visit her two more times before filing my application in Feb 2017 therefore I sent them evidence of an ongoing relationship spanning August through Feb.  I keep building more and more evidence every day plus I've gone to see her in April which is 2 months after filing so I will bring those photos and evidence to the interview if it ever arrives.   I received my NOA1 on Feb 10th and still waiting for my NOA2 by the way...Good luck and message me if you have any further questions, I worked extremely hard on my application and sent in a 2 inch binder packed with receipts, photos, whatsapp chat logs, plane tickets, boarding passes you name it!  Even bought her a small engagement ring and included photos and receipt for that!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

All of these senseless RFEs are starting to make me nervous. I really feel as though I sent sufficient evidence, but so did some of these VJ people! Seems like some USCIS officials are being unreasonable... unless they were directed to look at cases with more scrutiny?? Am I right in thinking that there are a lot of RFEs all of a sudden??

btw, NOA1 6-Feb here... still no NOA2... :( We are hoping for a fall wedding...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Some were asking about things to help with the separation. My fiance and I are Catholic and are planning a traditional Catholic wedding; one of the requirements is a marriage preparation course. Normally, this course is taken together, in person, in a 1 1/2 day conference. However, I found an online course!

I realize not everyone here is Christian or even religious, but maybe there are other marriage preparation programs out there? Or maybe some guided conversation topics and questions?

Some of the topics are things we talked about before, but now the discussions are more frequent and go deeper than we probably would otherwise (we're both very religious, but it always helps to have some guidance, right?) The program helps us to have intentional conversations about the things that really matter to us individually and as a couple, from spirituality to religion to emotional well-being to physical intimacy and everything in between. We've grown in our understanding of one another and have found that it strengthens us in a deeper way. Plus it helps us focus on something that is not "the letter" or missing one another etc etc.

When we work on our assignments, I often cry... not from missing him, but from a deep joy and peace that I've never experienced before :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Some were asking about things to help with the separation. My fiance and I are Catholic and are planning a traditional Catholic wedding; one of the requirements is a marriage preparation course. Normally, this course is taken together, in person, in a 1 1/2 day conference. However, I found an online course!

I realize not everyone here is Christian or even religious, but maybe there are other marriage preparation programs out there? Or maybe some guided conversation topics and questions?

Some of the topics are things we talked about before, but now the discussions are more frequent and go deeper than we probably would otherwise (we're both very religious, but it always helps to have some guidance, right?) The program helps us to have intentional conversations about the things that really matter to us individually and as a couple, from spirituality to religion to emotional well-being to physical intimacy and everything in between. We've grown in our understanding of one another and have found that it strengthens us in a deeper way. Plus it helps us focus on something that is not "the letter" or missing one another etc etc.

When we work on our assignments, I often cry... not from missing him, but from a deep joy and peace that I've never experienced before :wub:

Me and my girlfriend will be taking pre marriage counseling from our pastor before we get married... we are thinking that we will wait 2-2/2 months to get married for this reason. For sure want to go into our union with the right mindset and knowledge from spiritual leaders about marriage. 

My case was received by the USCIS on February 17, 2017

Notice date on NoA2 May 17, 2017. Sent to NVC

Hard copy of NoA2 received on May 22. 2017

After reading some of the replies in this topic and how much evidence some people sent, I'm now a little bit nervous. Can the NVC reject your application? Some are saying they sent 40+ pictures and didn't get approved yet or received an RFE,  I feel bad for you. My fiance and I have been together for a year and a half now, but we're friends for about half a year before that. She's from Mexico and I've been to visit her 5 times since late June of 2016. The last visit was after I filed the k1.

All I sent for evidence of our relationship was 4(four)pictures of us together,(1 with the engagement ring) but none of the pictures prove we took them in Mexico and evidence of visits was plane tickets and boarding passes. It shocks me that mine was approved and some of the people who sent way more evidence then me hasn't been approved yet. To top it off, she's from Mexico so I was wondering if it would be harder now with the current...administration.  I'm really hoping it works out for you guys, and you receive your approval soon

Can the NVC reject your application? Or ask for more evidence?

I have seen USCIS move fast. My check that I sent them was cashed before I even saw NOA1 in the mail.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

8 minutes ago, PrincyE said:

Omg! We are approved!!!! Noa1 February 17th NOA2 June 2nd. Thank God. One big hurdle is over on to the next one. I'm seriously praying hard for everyone who is still Waiting this wait was not easy! 

Good job on the wait and congrats on the approval!!!!!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.