jg121783

Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens - Rasmussen

98 posts in this topic

Since pretty much EVERYTHING else points to the general public NOT being okay with Trump/Bannon's Muslim ban, the stock market, plummetting Presidential popularity numbers, airport protests while Delusional talks of things going ever so smoothly, I am guessing that the conclusion of this poll is skewed by how it was worded and/or who happened to respond.

Either that or Make America Hate Again has really caught on.

imagesXLPWVPBK.jpg

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Lots of snowflakes but they are a tiny percentage of the population.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Lots of snowflakes but they are a tiny percentage of the population.

true :D have you thanked your electoral college today?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think that was the point and the reason for the suspension to allow time to consider what needs to be done to have an effective system.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

nah, i don't buy that innocence for a second. if they were concerned about fine tuning the system, they would have reached out from the managers/lawyers working in those systems for feedback. bannon's pulling some donald rumsfeld shock n awe type chaos. 

1 minute ago, bcking said:

There have been just 3 people from those 7 countries to commit acts of terror in the USA. There have been no fatalities. 2 of them were naturalized citizens before they committed their terror acts. That leaves 1 person from those 7 countries since 2001.

How is that not a pretty darn effective system? 

If he is serious about "fixing" the system, he should be actually targetting the countries that have produced the terrorists. The fact that the ban is specific only to countries that have had little to no impact in our country suggests that there is an alterior motive. Or a motive to keep specific other countries off the ban list. It's a ridiculously hypocritical EO.

personally i think trump bannon picked those countries (to start us off on the muslim ban) because obama created the list. now he just has to repeat "but this is obama's list and obama did the same thing" which is not 100% fact based, trump can't run with anything that's 100% on the up and up.

Just now, smilesammich said:

personally i think trump bannon picked those countries (to start us off on the muslim ban) because obama created the list. now he just has to repeat "but this is obama's list and obama did the same thing" which is not 100% fact based, trump can't run with anything that's 100% on the up and up.

I'm sure there are links to terrorism in all 7 of those countries. However it just seems practically that link is via visitors/immigrants coming to our shores. It just hasn't panned out that way. Only 1 person from all 7 countries in the last 16 years to commit an act of terror in the United States. 2 others who became naturalized citizens prior to their terrorist acts (so obviously there was plenty of opporunity to vet them before they acted out). There have been around 40 other terrorists in the US of muslim origin, and they all come from other countries. 

If it's about protection it's a really bad and ineffective EO. It won't do anything to make us safer. If it's not about protection, then what is it about?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
16 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

Since pretty much EVERYTHING else points to the general public NOT being okay with Trump/Bannon's Muslim ban, the stock market, plummetting Presidential popularity numbers, airport protests while Delusional talks of things going ever so smoothly, I am guessing that the conclusion of this poll is skewed by how it was worded and/or who happened to respond.

Either that or Make America Hate Again has really caught on.

imagesXLPWVPBK.jpg

Wouldn't really say this necessarily has much to do with the stock market. Unfortunately, this is how finanfical journalism works: They take a look at what the market is doing or did that day, then they go over all of the day's headlines...if the market was up, they will find positive headlines to explain it with, if the market was down, they will attribute it to something bad....it's lazy at best but that's how it really works. The truth is barring short term knee jerk reactions the market is its own boss. I posted this chart in my thread almost two months ago:

5ue1dz.gif

Here's the updated one(Zoomed in a bit): Market hit resistance and came down. This is usually what happens and whatever news goes with it is usually used in hindsight to try and rationalize what the market is doing. Had the market kept going up they would have found a positive reason for that too and completely ignored Trump. Financial media is really good at after the fact rationalizing, instead of learning to analyze markets properly. 

w7csab.jpg

I also don't understand the panic, the market made new ATH just as recent as Thursday. I'm the last one to say these markets are healthy, but a 1.5% correction since then is nothing to be all up in arms about, it can't be a straight shot up and we could easily make new highs very soon(although I have not changed my mind that these will be short lived). 1.5% corrections happen very frequently so I feel that this is just more fear mongering by people wanting to blame Trump for everything...including things he has very little to do with. Regardless of whether we see new highs or not and as I have been saying for a while now a crisis is already baked in the cake. While there are few things that can make the outcome a little better, there's many things that can make it worse. Some of Trump's plans(such as protectionism) are only going to make it worse. But will it all be on him? Absolutely not as the seeds have already been planted under the previous administration and I will not stand for it even once it happens and everybody gangs up on him for it cause I can already see that coming.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

this is all I have to say about that 

Watchdog: Feds wrongly granted citizenship to hundreds facing deportation

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/19/more-than-800-immigrants-mistakenly-granted-citizenship.html

Number of those wrongly given citizenship higher than initially reported

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/dhs-report-citizenship-deportations/

28 minutes ago, bcking said:

I'm sure there are links to terrorism in all 7 of those countries. However it just seems practically that link is via visitors/immigrants coming to our shores. It just hasn't panned out that way. Only 1 person from all 7 countries in the last 16 years to commit an act of terror in the United States. 2 others who became naturalized citizens prior to their terrorist acts (so obviously there was plenty of opporunity to vet them before they acted out). There have been around 40 other terrorists in the US of muslim origin, and they all come from other countries. 

If it's about protection it's a really bad and ineffective EO. It won't do anything to make us safer. If it's not about protection, then what is it about?

i think bannon is trying to establish trust with trump's base. they are xenophobic and clearly misinformed about immigration/visa processes and they were promised a muslim ban. for the most part, when say a white man shoots up an abortion clinic and kills a cop and two civilians, we don't nationally consider that a terror attack. we don't really talk about it at all. lone wolfs don't need visas and they don't operate in cells. we're not doing anything to weed out the homegrown variety matter of fact we're currently patting them on the back and trying to direct their attention to trump "look, calm down, your guy is in charge and he's going to keep you safe from foreign translators and students"

1 minute ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

this is all I have to say about that 

Watchdog: Feds wrongly granted citizenship to hundreds facing deportation

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/19/more-than-800-immigrants-mistakenly-granted-citizenship.html

Number of those wrongly given citizenship higher than initially reported

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/politics/dhs-report-citizenship-deportations/

so you're saying we should have a review of those already here, citizens?

Just realized something rather sad...

THe United Kingdom has supplied more (or at the very least an equal) number of terrorists on US soil (1 terrorist came from the UK, which is more than we can say for most of the countries on the ban).

So should we be banning the UK?

We should just blanket ban everyone and send the Statue of Liberty back to France.