jg121783

Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens - Rasmussen

98 posts in this topic

Just now, yuna628 said:

Christians, Jews, and other ethnic minorities in these countries still cannot enter the USA due to the ban. Furthermore, if they are already here and seeking to adjust status, ROC, or file citizenship their application will be put on hold and likely rejected indefinitely. When Trump talks about minorities, he's trying to appease a certain group to wrap it up in a pretty package and make things seem nicer. It's not. A ban is a ban. There is no other option for these people. Meanwhile their very lives are at stake..

Show me in the Executive Order where it says that they can not file for AOS, ROC, or citizenship? 

4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Show me in the Executive Order where it says that they can not file for AOS, ROC, or citizenship? 

Ah you didn't realize that did you? I didn't either at first until last night, when I started making some enquiries. Seems a lot of people haven't. But that information is slowly trickling out. Btw.. there's been more than a few people on this forum over the past few days enquiring about this, as to why their cases are being stopped, and the info their lawyers provided to them via the State Dept.

Look over this article carefully  https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/asylum-officials-and-state-department-in-turmoil-there-are-people-literally-crying-in-the-office-here/

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

An

4 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Ah you didn't realize that did you? I didn't either at first until last night, when I started making some enquiries. Seems a lot of people haven't. But that information is slowly trickling out. Btw.. there's been more than a few people on this forum over the past few days enquiring about this, as to why their cases are being stopped, and the info their lawyers provided to them via the State Dept.

Look over this article carefully  https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/asylum-officials-and-state-department-in-turmoil-there-are-people-literally-crying-in-the-office-here/

You showed me one article that has NO FACTS in it just a bunch of supposed "insider information leaks". I have read the whole order a number of times and gone section by section with my friend to help her learn more about it as well. So  show me some stated actual hard facts and then we can talk. I think a number of people's cases were stopped because they are trying to CR1 or K1 visas from those countries. Show me something different not just he said this or that with no facts. 

3 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

An

You showed me one article that has NO FACTS in it just a bunch of supposed "insider information leaks". I have read the whole order a number of times and gone section by section with my friend to help her learn more about it as well. So  show me some stated actual hard facts and then we can talk. I think a number of people's cases were stopped because they are trying to CR1 or K1 visas from those countries. Show me something different not just he said this or that with no facts. 

lordie, how did you get to this conclusion with no available facts?!

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

lordie, how did you get to this conclusion with no available facts?!

Honestly I am guessing here because I have not seen anything on here showing that people's cases were stopped at all. She just said that people's cases were stopped and so I assumed it's primarily K1/CR1.

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Honestly I am guessing here because I have not seen anything on here showing that people's cases were stopped at all. She just said that people's cases were stopped and so I assumed it's primarily K1/CR1.

you haven't seen anything where people's cases are stopped? you just said yourself trump admin did a bad job rolling out, too broad - not enough specific instruction. i believe this is by design. just throw it all out there and see what sticks. build from that.

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

you haven't seen anything where people's cases are stopped? you just said yourself trump admin did a bad job rolling out, too broad - not enough specific instruction. i believe this is by design. just throw it all out there and see what sticks. build from that.

This is what yuna628 said to me: Btw.. there's been more than a few people on this forum over the past few days enquiring about this, as to why their cases are being stopped, and the info their lawyers provided to them via the State Dept. 

So I was responding to her when I stated my comments. I don't know why you are jumping down my throat saying I said this about people's cases being stopped or delayed due to the ban when I never said that. I was just responding to what she said. 

5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

An

I have it on good authority as to the affirmative in this memo. You aren't interested in believing it of course, nor will you take what I say as true, which is perfectly fine. Do carry on. The words of the EO, is not the controlling factor as in what has been actually happening on the ground or directed to happen in internal memo.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

12 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I have it on good authority as to the affirmative in this memo. You aren't interested in believing it of course, nor will you take what I say as true, which is perfectly fine. Do carry on. The words of the EO, is not the controlling factor as in what has been actually happening on the ground or directed to happen in internal memo.

Show me some proof that is all I am asking. Until you have proof your "you have it on good authority" means jack. 

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove intended foul language

3 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

This is what yuna628 said to me: Btw.. there's been more than a few people on this forum over the past few days enquiring about this, as to why their cases are being stopped, and the info their lawyers provided to them via the State Dept. 

So I was responding to her when I stated my comments. I don't know why you are jumping down my throat saying I said this about people's cases being stopped or delayed due to the ban when I never said that. I was just responding to what she said. 

i didn't see the 'here' 

i'm jumping down your throat because it's absolutely infuriating to read an article like the intercept article yuna posted, to know what is currently going on to immigrants and have a reply of "give me facts, i see no facts, i read the order so i know what's in it and what it does and the effects it will have on others"

Is this man's lawyer lying to him (insert critique of bad lawyers etc here)? I should hate to think his wife was sobbing for no reason.

Would I like more official confirmation? Sure, wouldn't we all. I think we'll begin to see it trickle out as the days go on. Btw, the clause they are using for this is in Section 3 of the EO.

11 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Is this man's lawyer lying to him (insert critique of bad lawyers etc here)? I should hate to think his wife was sobbing for no reason.

Would I like more official confirmation? Sure, wouldn't we all. I think we'll begin to see it trickle out as the days go on. Btw, the clause they are using for this is in Section 3 of the EO.

I can see that but I will wait for clarification.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Trump has placed a temporary hold on visa applications from seven countries that the Obama administration identified as the prime sources of terror. This at a time when Islamist terrorists have carried out numerous acts of mass murder across the Western world and expressed the desire to carry out more via lone wolfs imported into Western countries.

Trump is a buffoon, but this is a perfectly sensible measure.

The hypocritical over-reaction from self-proclaimed "liberals" would be a joke if it wasn't so dangerous.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Because I believe the Philippines is not on the list and other countries that are Muslim are not on the list because they are actually trying to deal with the problems they have with extremists. While a majority of the countries on the list are either halfway ran by extremists or give support to Muslim extremists. 

If they are "trying" to deal with it, they aren't doing very well. Saudi Arabia still leads the list on foreign born terror attacks in the USA. It's not even close.

Philipines, despite "trying" has still supplied 1 foreign born terrorist plotting attacks on US soil. That is actually MORE than some of the countries being banned. Only 3 people from the 7 countries have been involved in planning or acting on a terror attack on US soil. 2 were naturalized US citizens before their attack. 

It's a weak excuse.