arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, goobies said:

To all of you who are from "high fraud" countries, we want to encourage you! We made it through the Nairobi, Kenya embassy during the Kenyan elections mayhem, and we had a lot of worrisome things in our paper-work, but we made it through! 

My best advice, BE PREPARED and have every single document you can imagine they might possibly ask for, even if it isn't "required" during the interview. The CO asked my husband really rude and abrasive questions, implied things about both of us, and twice told him that she couldn't approve him because he didn't have X document. Fortunately, I prepared our binder in a beautifully organized rainbow of tabs, and he was able to find both within seconds. He said she was shocked both times and it took her a pause to recollect herself. 

So be READY for the worst, but fireproof yourselves. They will treat you like a cockroach, but don't let it get to you. My sweetie said that had we not discussed all the possible questions and situations that could unfold, he wouldn't have been able to get through it. He would have accepted defeat. So being mentally prepared and armored is so important. 

We wish the best of luck and love to each one of you. I am so sad and disappointed that some of you went to Nebraska around the same time as us. I do know how you are feeling because we were feeling it, too. We were one of the last October filers to be approved (of those who have been approved), according to the apps and this forum. It is grueling to wait. I wish we had good advice on how to help in that part, but we don't. Just know that our hearts are with you all. Stay strong. 

Thank you for your kind words. They really helped this morning. 

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/19/2017 at 9:46 AM, Vincent & Alejo said:

Senator Nelson, D-FL, responded to my letter and said he is looking into my questions. What I asked him to look into:

• Why is Nebraska so far behind
  • Why is Nebraska not being held accountable
  • What is Nebraska doing to clear the backlog
  • Why H1-B VISAs have a premium processing option and spouses do not.
  • Why work and student visas have a defined processing timeline and spouses do not.
  • Why USCIS has systematically made the K-3 VISA obsolete, a VISA congress enacted to avoid the situation us Nebraska folks are in.
  • Propose legislation to give U.S. Citizens an expedited process, same has H1-Bs.

Hopefully he'll come back with some sort of answers. I doubt it, but you never know.

The response I got back was that my case is within normal processing time. I guess Senator Nelson's office didn't even read what I asked for since I stated I did not want a status update on my case. I have no problem waiting my turn, but I do have a problem with the dysfunction happening at Nebraska. Now to write the local media and see if any of them care. Orlando is a growing immigrant city, and news columnist Scott Maxwell and radio personality Jim Philips love to call out government inefficiencies. 

8 hours ago, nyokie said:

congrats...don't sit there and wait for NVC to call you, you need to call them and get your case number.

Yes today I got the email saying the case was sen to NVC to wait 6 weeks tops, will not wait that long for sure!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Silwightman said:

Yes today I got the email saying the case was sen to NVC to wait 6 weeks tops, will not wait that long for sure!

Congratulations. I really wished they would just approve a few more early february cases. Feb 02 here :( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Silwightman said:

Ok cool call in 2 weeks time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

Today i saw that 3 cases with PD 1st Feb getting RFEs and a few late Jan getting approval......so now are they into Feb????

They still have Nov 2016 cases untouched... I’m at 329 days ☹️

14 minutes ago, Sundee said:

They still have Nov 2016 cases untouched... I’m at 329 days ☹️

Didnt u try getting the out of normal processing time enquiry??

Coz as of uscis they are processing jan applications means you are way out of the normal time....

9 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

Today i saw that 3 cases with PD 1st Feb getting RFEs and a few late Jan getting approval......so now are they into Feb????

It looks like you are right! We've all have come to realize that Nebraska has no rhyme or reason on how they process cases. I'm getting excited that maybe one staff member is working hard at NSC!
image.thumb.png.1af2649e95af0297e8b72a712b0f0fbe.png

31 minutes ago, TX&BC said:

It looks like you are right! We've all have come to realize that Nebraska has no rhyme or reason on how they process cases. I'm getting excited that maybe one staff member is working hard at NSC!
image.thumb.png.1af2649e95af0297e8b72a712b0f0fbe.png

I just hope that they have picked up the pace and started working out....and i just hope they approve the people back from Nov and Dec too....coz this wait has been soo long.....seeing other center applicants with PD even months after us approved is kind of hurting.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SGM1928 said:

I just hope that they have picked up the pace and started working out....and i just hope they approve the people back from Nov and Dec too....coz this wait has been soo long.....seeing other center applicants with PD even months after us approved is kind of hurting.....

Yeah, Potomac is on May, which is my filing month. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

Didnt u try getting the out of normal processing time enquiry??

Coz as of uscis they are processing jan applications means you are way out of the normal time....

Yes I submitted a inquiry. Still waiting to hear back and as always, they are not fast at doing anything. ☹️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.