arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Filed for I130 for my mom last July and my case was sent to Nebraska. My NOA1 came with a case number that's still not recognized until today. How lucky can I get? I tried to download the app but my case number didn't work on it either. Won't there be any other way, aside from calling the USCIS people, to track my case?  I would like to have your thoughts. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Prgfrg said:

I see, we filed through a lawyer, not getting any messages directly from USCIS. Is there any other way to sign up for text/email updates?

you can sign up by creating an account at www.uscis.gov, click on "Check your case status"

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Curio said:

Hmm, what do they say when u call them? Do they say your petition is pending? 

I was sent a email saying it’s being reviewed because I requested expedite, but they hqve only said if not heard back in 30 days to call them. By 30 days it will have been over 1 yr since I filed and the heartache continues 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just thought I would update everyone on today's cases. I feel like the John King of CNN with i130 approvals instead of electoral maps.

NOA1 Nov 3, 2016 - Peru - approved

NOA1 Dec 8, 2016 - US (guessing AOS case) - approved

These were on top of the NOA1 Feb 21 case from Nigeria that was approved.

The trend I have noticed the past 3 weeks is Nebraska is cleaning up a lot of Nov/Dec cases before moving on to Feb. Could be why the backlog is continuing to get worse.

12 hours ago, etrangais said:

They just closed our I-129F 

so we are hopping the approval of the I-130 will follow soon

That's good news! 😊 InshaAllah your noa2 should get approved in just few days from now. Good luck!

12 hours ago, acidrain said:

The trend I have noticed the past 3 weeks is Nebraska is cleaning up a lot of Nov/Dec cases before moving on to Feb. Could be why the backlog is continuing to get worse.

Well I hope this is the case! I'm a Dec filer (12/6) and coming close to the anniversary of our filing date. Crossing fingers!

12 hours ago, Sundee said:

I was sent a email saying it’s being reviewed because I requested expedite, but they hqve only said if not heard back in 30 days to call them. By 30 days it will have been over 1 yr since I filed and the heartache continues 

Hang in there, Sundee! <3

Timeline
18 hours ago, acidrain said:

Just thought I would update everyone on today's cases. I feel like the John King of CNN with i130 approvals instead of electoral maps.

HI, just curious where you got the information on which cases they are approving? The Peru and US one?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kccb said:

HI, just curious where you got the information on which cases they are approving? The Peru and US one?

I have the USCIS app so any approvals will notify me on my phone.

torontoguy got his approval yesterday from Canada Feb 8 NOA1. I thought it might be mine as my actual NOA1 date is Feb 8. But when it goes through it's the date received, not the NOA1 date.

This morning a case from the US (likely AOS) got approved in Nebraska with the date Dec 8, 2016.

There is not a lot of activity but I am gathering it is because it's Veteran's Day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, acidrain said:

I have the USCIS app so any approvals will notify me on my phone.

torontoguy got his approval yesterday from Canada Feb 8 NOA1. I thought it might be mine as my actual NOA1 date is Feb 8. But when it goes through it's the date received, not the NOA1 date.

This morning a case from the US (likely AOS) got approved in Nebraska with the date Dec 8, 2016.

There is not a lot of activity but I am gathering it is because it's Veteran's Day.

iPhones don’t give us that feature on the Uscis app. Only android phones will 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sundee said:

iPhones don’t give us that feature on the Uscis app. Only android phones will 

I will try to keep everyone updated on the cases being approved. Today with it being Veterans Day I don't think any of the USCIS offices are open.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
23 hours ago, acidrain said:

thanks for keeping us posted.  my PD is 12/8. Here is to hoping they get through all the November and December cases still waiting around.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.