dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Ya I've kept telling them that reviewing our checklist would literally take 5 minutes since the only information they didn't have was my wife's parent's names and occupations on her birth certificate.

Yours is even worse though. Literally just a date. I'm so sorry :(

Yes it sucks but it is what it is wished NVC improved and became more efficient. They could have less files backlogged if the reviewer just looked at submission for simple corrections. 

7 hours ago, James-Bond007 said:

gvt workers go to work on the weekend? nah, they're too classy for that. only USPS does work on saturdays. today is a fed holiday too. gotta love their perks. 

This is really a private contractor. The name of this private company is FCI Federal. 

Edited by Freedom4evr

On 1/13/2017 at 6:53 PM, afortunada said:

Sigh. So. Another update...

Called twice today (I couldn't help it!). First rep was not very talkative and had very short responses, would not indulge me in the least.

The second rep, though, was very sweet and funny and talkative. She said, "well, I would love to tell you that your case is complete, but it's not. However, I can see that it is in the review department and is currently being reviewed at this moment. Now, while I can see that it is being reviewed, I unfortunately can't see how far along they are in doing so. Keep checking back anad hopefully you'll get an e-mail with more news soon."

This is suuuuuch tortuuuuuure. 

if you request a call back from the supervisor, they can tell you exactly what's going on. Whenever you get ahold of a friendly rep (stern reps might just argue with you that you have to wait) ask for a call back request to discuss your packet with a supervisor. Every time i called last week, the reps would tell me its in the review department and being reviewed.. When the supervisor called me, she said its in the review department but they have not begun to review it since there are other cases in front of me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
7 hours ago, milaroy said:

Hello everyone,

here is a question about preparing for our interview in Feburary 2017, What kind of evidince should we bring to our interview to show a bona fide marriage? We have been married for 1 year 5 months and 1 day as of today Jan 16th 2017. 

Pictures and conversations like from whatsapp or skype or emails. Pictures of you and her from the wedding and her family would be great and conversations about plans. Also pictures of you guys not in wedding clothes. I sent a copy of my life insurance policy with my wife as a beneficiary. Anything that shows the marriage is legit. If you have gotten to this stage just know that the embassy already has a ton of information about your marriage so bring what you sent to Nvc and more. Don't forget to bring your marriage certificate.^_^

USCIS TIMELINE

1-26-16: Married, Cameroon Buea West Africa

4-11-16: Sent I-130

4-21-16: NOA1

8-31-16: I-130 APPROVED

NVC TIMELINE

10-3-16: NVC receives case from USCIS

10-13-16: NVC creates case and case number given

10-14-16: Received DS261 and AOS Bill

10-14-16: DS261 completed

10-18-16: AOS bill PAID

10-19-16: Received IV bill

10-21-16: Sent AOS PACKAGE AND IV PACKAGE TO NVC

10-24-16: DS260 COMPLETED IV Bill PAID

10-26-16: "SCAN DATE"

12-8-16: SUPERVISOR REVIEW

12-28-16: CC

12-29-16: Interview date By Email

1-6-17: Ready for Interview

2-7-17:INTERVIEW:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, SMAlexander said:

I actually called Saturday night at about 10:30pm Central time and the guy was so rude he said nothing has changed and hung up as soon as I said ok, I didn't get a thank you or call back next week nothing.  it didn't bother me though, I'm getting use to these people

propably was upset that his mates were hanging out, chugging beers at the local pub without him, haha. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Freedom4evr said:

This is really a private contractor. The name of this private company is FCI Federal. 

yeah? and they're working this inefficient? what kind of private company is this? if they cant get the job done, hello gvt agency, switch contractors.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, milaroy said:

Hello everyone,

here is a question about preparing for our interview in Feburary 2017, What kind of evidince should we bring to our interview to show a bona fide marriage? We have been married for 1 year 5 months and 1 day as of today Jan 16th 2017. 

Please visit this link which gives you some ideas on what kinds of evidence you can provide at the embassy:

1 hour ago, Tremel2630 said:

Pictures and conversations like from whatsapp or skype or emails. Pictures of you and her from the wedding and her family would be great and conversations about plans. Also pictures of you guys not in wedding clothes. I sent a copy of my life insurance policy with my wife as a beneficiary. Anything that shows the marriage is legit. If you have gotten to this stage just know that the embassy already has a ton of information about your marriage so bring what you sent to Nvc and more. Don't forget to bring your marriage certificate.^_^

Quick question - how do you print out call history from whatsapp or skype?  Screenshots?  I know you can print out the conversation history from whatsapp, but what about the call history.

57 minutes ago, James-Bond007 said:

propably was upset that his mates were hanging out, chugging beers at the local pub without him, haha. 

NVC office is in New Hampshire, which is located in New England and the Patriots played on Saturday night :)

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cbsjjg said:

I was told by a NVC rep they were working this past weekend but I have not seen anyone get any cc

Hopefully we see some more case complete here tomorrow, including your case.  Based on your timeline, I think you will hear very soon.  Keep trying for a supervisor call back in the meanwhile.  If they did indeed work this past weekend, hopefully it's just a matter on ticking a box tomorrow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
10 hours ago, hasmax80 said:

Yes it's nonsense what NVC issued and RFE for such a simple item. They could have our CC and then ask me to have the document ready during interview instead of delaying the whole process or maybe review the file immediately instead of waiting 6 weeks. I wish they categorized these RFEs as this is a 30 second review. Good luck to you as indeed our scan dates are very close.

That's what I said! Mine doesn't even need to be reviewed. Its just 3 blank form pages (pages 10-12 of I-864). It would take them 30 seconds to add it to the packet. I know I made a mistake by forgetting those pages, but a 6 week "punishment" seems unreasonable.

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Dang, I feel for you and can totally relate to the pain your feeling.   Personally I'm sick of this process.  They (NVC) lose documents, I wait 6 weeks (or more) while they decide to review the documents I had to resend.  I send 3 one-page documents to respond to their checklist and gotta wait in line again for 6-10 weeks (scan date 11/28 - so I'm working on 7+ weeks now).  They seriously gotta find a better way to do this.   USCIS took 6+ months to review my case, NVC is now working on 9 months.  Seriously......  My wife is from Japan - - a country that is very friendly with the US and we've been married 16 YEARS not 16 days.... damnit....this process should be FAR faster for those with long established relationships.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, James-Bond007 said:

lol @ jamesnond007's comment.... Probably true!

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone. Called NVC today and spoke to a supervisor. She was very polite and even sent a mail to the supervisor in charge of my case to request a review. Hoping for some good news soon!

Scan date: 22/11

Supervisor review: 04/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello guys,

I sent my AOS,civil docs and completed DS-260 on 15th Nov 2016. On 17th nvc started processing my docs i think its scan date. on completing 6 weeks i called to one of the rep at nvc she said they had put my case on sup review that was on 30th dec 16. Since then my case is still not completed yet. I have also emailed to nvc to know abt the progress of my case they replied on 12th jan 2017 that it is still under review. Can any1 confirm that how much more this process gonna take?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HUMAYUN JAWAID said:

Hello guys,

I sent my AOS,civil docs and completed DS-260 on 15th Nov 2016. On 17th nvc started processing my docs i think its scan date. on completing 6 weeks i called to one of the rep at nvc she said they had put my case on sup review that was on 30th dec 16. Since then my case is still not completed yet. I have also emailed to nvc to know abt the progress of my case they replied on 12th jan 2017 that it is still under review. Can any1 confirm that how much more this process gonna take?

They aim to have cases reviewed within 6 weeks from supervisor review.  More recently, we have seen the average timeline is 9-11 weeks from the original scan date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

They aim to have cases reviewed within 6 weeks from supervisor review.  More recently, we have seen the average timeline is 9-11 weeks from the original scan date.

is scan date is the date when the docs u sent actually starts processing in nvc system?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.