dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Saheed said:

yes AMINE1980 I sent taxes from 2016 as proof of income and also sent pay stubs from both job that I got now.i have two jobs

If you made enough money last year then you good to go , your pay stubs for this year income are good enough , if you are trying  to use this year income there is a chance you might get a checklist asking for w2 from this year , bit most likely they will ask you to bring W2 to the interview. 

Edited by AMINE1980

Hi, my wife income 2015 was 23000 and 2016 she just work only 7 months because another months she stayed in Bangladesh that's why her 2016 income 18700 and my interview in March is that enough affidavit support or I need another sponsor. 

Edited by Shouvic

You need another sponsor to be safe.

Edited by MrChamploo

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:43 PM, Cbsjjg said:

Has anyone got any cc today? Just curoius if they are infact working today. One of the reps at NVC told me they were working Sat and maybe Sun as well this weekend to catch up.

Nothing here, but I'm also curious to find out if NVC people were working throughout the weekend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, freetz said:

Nothing here, but I'm also curious to find out if NVC people were working throughout the weekend.

gvt workers go to work on the weekend? nah, they're too classy for that. only USPS does work on saturdays. today is a fed holiday too. gotta love their perks. 

Hello All

First Scan date: 09/27

Sup review: 11/08

Checklist: 11/17 - Forgot to date the AOS

Second Scan date: 12/02

2nd sup review: 01/14

I hope for CC by 01/25 finger crossed.

2 minutes ago, hasmax80 said:

Hello All

First Scan date: 09/27

Sup review: 11/08

Checklist: 11/17 - Forgot to date the AOS

Second Scan date: 12/02

2nd sup review: 01/14

I hope for CC by 01/25 finger crossed.

Gosh that is crazy you had to send in an entire new AOS just because a date was missing, and have to wait another 6+ weeks. 

Our dates are pretty similar. I believe my first scan date ewas 9/28 (don't remember anymore) and we ended up with a checklist for a long from birth certificate (around 10 additional words on the long form compared to the short form for my wife). Second scan date of 11/28, supervisor review on 1/10. 

Fingers crossed for both of us.

3 hours ago, bcking said:

Gosh that is crazy you had to send in an entire new AOS just because a date was missing, and have to wait another 6+ weeks. 

Our dates are pretty similar. I believe my first scan date ewas 9/28 (don't remember anymore) and we ended up with a checklist for a long from birth certificate (around 10 additional words on the long form compared to the short form for my wife). Second scan date of 11/28, supervisor review on 1/10. 

Fingers crossed for both of us.

Yes it's nonsense what NVC issued and RFE for such a simple item. They could have our CC and then ask me to have the document ready during interview instead of delaying the whole process or maybe review the file immediately instead of waiting 6 weeks. I wish they categorized these RFEs as this is a 30 second review. Good luck to you as indeed our scan dates are very close.

Edited by hasmax80

Just now, hasmax80 said:

Yes it's nonsense what NVC is doing returning a document for such a simple task. They could have our CC and then ask me to have the document ready during interview instead of delaying the whole process or maybe review the file immediately instead of waiting 6 weeks. I wish they categorized these RFEs as this is a 30 second review.

Ya I've kept telling them that reviewing our checklist would literally take 5 minutes since the only information they didn't have was my wife's parent's names and occupations on her birth certificate.

Yours is even worse though. Literally just a date. I'm so sorry :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

here is a question about preparing for our interview in Feburary 2017, What kind of evidince should we bring to our interview to show a bona fide marriage? We have been married for 1 year 5 months and 1 day as of today Jan 16th 2017. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, James-Bond007 said:

gvt workers go to work on the weekend? nah, they're too classy for that. only USPS does work on saturdays. today is a fed holiday too. gotta love their perks. 

I was told by a NVC rep they were working this past weekend but I have not seen anyone get any cc

7 minutes ago, Cbsjjg said:

I was told by a NVC rep they were working this past weekend but I have not seen anyone get any cc

I actually called Saturday night at about 10:30pm Central time and the guy was so rude he said nothing has changed and hung up as soon as I said ok, I didn't get a thank you or call back next week nothing.  it didn't bother me though, I'm getting use to these people

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.