dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Qabtawi said:

NVC reps say that it takes up to 6 weeks from the day the review starts for it to finish, mine was in review for 3 weeks... I know, waiting is very difficul, be patient and it will happen before you know it :)

Based on what we know, it seems like the reality is 90% of that time they are doing nothing. People have been told their file has been pulled and usually at that point their case complete comes a few days later.

Now a "supervisor is reviewing it" may not mean that though, might just mean it's on the list. Usually when they say that to me I ask them politely to clarify if it is actively being reviewed. They usually correct themselves and say no it isn't being actively looked at.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, taykay said:

Hi Guys! First time poster but excited to finally have what we think is good news. Just logged in to the CEAC site and saw the 3 N/As, trying to get someone from the NVC on the line but they have their Front End Message saying no one's available and it hangs up. Fingers crossed that we're finally moving forward with our case after what feels like too long. 

Scan Date - November 15th

Supervisor Review - December 27th

Case Complete - 01/17?!

Yes, this sounds like you are moving along in the queue system..

Yes, i tried calling them several times today also... Same Front End Message saying no one's available and it hangs up!!! This is unbelievable and unacceptable from a government entity. Whao!!! We pay for this services, not as if they are free! Let's hang in there guys/gals.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not sure if its true but I read that someone was told that interviews are only schedules the 1st and 2nd week of the month. So if that is the case I am assuming no one will know or have an appointment date until feb? Has anyone else been told that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cbsjjg said:

Not sure if its true but I read that someone was told that interviews are only schedules the 1st and 2nd week of the month. So if that is the case I am assuming no one will know or have an appointment date until feb? Has anyone else been told that?

After my CC last week I called them (January 12th) to see when they would schedule my interview and I was told by a representative that they were finished with January interviews and will be scheduling interviews the 1st and 2nd week of next month. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, N & S said:

After my CC last week I called them (January 12th) to see when they would schedule my interview and I was told by a representative that they were finished with January interviews and will be scheduling interviews the 1st and 2nd week of next month. 

From the timelines I've seen, it looks like most of us who got case complete last week and those who will receive the same to the end of January will get a March interview, although anything is possible :) 

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

From the timelines I've seen, it looks like most of us who got case complete last week and those who will receive the same to the end of January will get a March interview, although anything is possible :) 

Yes that's my prediction too that I'll get a March interview. But I'd be glad if they scheduled me for Feb! Fingers crossed. We're definitely almost at the end of our journey with this visa process!

Timeline
1 minute ago, N & S said:

Yes that's my prediction too that I'll get a March interview. But I'd be glad if they scheduled me for Feb! Fingers crossed. We're definitely almost at the end of our journey with this visa process!

That is what I keep telling myself too!

Scan date November 3

Supervisor review December 21

Case complete January 11

Reading this gives me a little hope, that soon our case will be completed. 

Scan date : Nov. 10th

Supervisor Review : Dec. 22nd

CC : ???

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sweetaniee said:

Reading this gives me a little hope, that soon our case will be completed. 

Scan date : Nov. 10th

Supervisor Review : Dec. 22nd

CC : ???

I think so too

23 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

I think so too

I sure hope so. I see people with later scan dates already have their case closed 

1 minute ago, Sweetaniee said:

I sure hope so. I see people with later scan dates already have their case closed 

Same here! Same for several of us, actually. Frustrating, isn't it? I hope we both get news very soon!!

Have you been calling NVC? If so, what did they say to you the last time you called?

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

28 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Same here! Same for several of us, actually. Frustrating, isn't it? I hope we both get news very soon!!

Have you been calling NVC? If so, what did they say to you the last time you called?

I did and I always get the same things it's in the department where it's being reviewed. I have to give them 6 weeks; I'm just tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. 

I just learned about the 3 N/A from here so I've been looking at that. 

Hoping and praying this is our week !??

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

hey guys i want a bit info on my case  my i 130 petition got approved on September 14, 2016  and sent to nvc on  On October 4, 2016  . and then nvc received our case but my wife is not acting good and delaying the fee process still we paid Aos fee and iv fee is still not paid and she is delaying it i dont know why i want to know is there a time frame like petition gona get expired after a time period or anything like that or time gona affect my case in any manner if there is a delay of any kind like  in paying the fee or my file at nvc will get expired after a time period i am bit stressed . thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.