2,895 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, sabinevalerie said:

Hi everyone,

I have not been here for a while but I thought I will come share my timeline.

- 4 march 2016 My case was received

- 10 march 2016  i received the notice

- 17 march 2016  I received the prima facie

- 16 june 2016 I received my work permit

- 13 february 2016  my case was approved

It took a year. I was loosing hope. it was very stressful for me. I contacted my congressman 4 times. I will tell you to keep your hope alive. Do what you have to do, pray and let God handle it for you. everything he does is good. 

A special Thank you to you Sandra. In case you do not know it. let me tell you that you really are a blessing for many of us. May God Bless you more

Good news! Congrats 

4 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

How long does it typically take to get the biometrics appointment letter after receipt notice? It's been 10 days and I'm wondering whether I'm within the normal time frame. 

You got your receipt notice 10 days ago? Do you mind sharing when you filed? I'm still waiting for mine, I filed Jan 5. Thanks, and hopefully someone can give you advice about the timeline for biometrics, I'm not sure about that.

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

How long does it typically take to get the biometrics appointment letter after receipt notice? It's been 10 days and I'm wondering whether I'm within the normal time frame. 

I waited for over a month and did not get a biometrics appointment. 

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am here asking for someone else.  I have majority of the details.  

The person came on a work visa last year and was in a relationship with a co-worker and got pregnant.  She could not return home when her work visa expired due to OB/GYN put her on bed rest and she could not fly.  (She has a document from MD stating the same)  She met and moved in with someone else (not the father) who stated that he would marry her and take care of her and the child.  She has not been medically cleared by MD to fly still.  She had the baby, and now she is living in a domestic violence relationship.  She cannot leave the home, he checks her phone (so now she locks it), he has a girlfriend who comes over, and he tells her to stay in the bedroom with the baby while he is in the living room with the gf making out.   If she goes out to take the baby for a walk, he calls  the neighbor (another woman) to go with her.  If she tries to go to the local market for milk, etc the neighbor (same woman) just suddenly appears and walks with her asking questions.  When he supposedly is at work, he shows up at home and he lurks in the hallway listening to what she is doing.  He keeps her isolated, and she cannot talk to her other friends and family.  When her family calls her, he answers her cellphone, so they stopped calling.  He told her that he is not really going to marry her but is going to buy her a fake ring, so her family will believe they are engaged.  The guy took the baby's SSN and told her that he was filing taxes on the child (it is not his).  when she completed the birth registration forms, he erased it and changed the babys name to his last name, and added himself as the father.  When she tried to change it he yelled, screamed at her that he taking care of her. Every time she tells him, she cannot put his name on the BC because it is fraud, there is backlash. He refuses to add child to his medical benefits, and told her to file for food stamps, and medicaid. She has been in contact with a domestic violence shelter just in case she needs to runaway and legal services for domestic violence, and her friend currently has a plan for her to get to her in another state.  

She is now afraid that he will try to take the baby because her work visa expired. I am unaware of any physical abuse.  Can she apply for VAWA?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

4 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

I am here asking for someone else.  I have majority of the details.  

The person came on a work visa last year and was in a relationship with a co-worker and got pregnant.  She could not return home when her work visa expired due to OB/GYN put her on bed rest and she could not fly.  (She has a document from MD stating the same)  She met and moved in with someone else (not the father) who stated that he would marry her and take care of her and the child.  She has not been medically cleared by MD to fly still.  She had the baby, and now she is living in a domestic violence relationship.  She cannot leave the home, he checks her phone (so now she locks it), he has a girlfriend who comes over, and he tells her to stay in the bedroom with the baby while he is in the living room with the gf making out.   If she goes out to take the baby for a walk, he calls  the neighbor (another woman) to go with her.  If she tries to go to the local market for milk, etc the neighbor (same woman) just suddenly appears and walks with her asking questions.  When he supposedly is at work, he shows up at home and he lurks in the hallway listening to what she is doing.  He keeps her isolated, and she cannot talk to her other friends and family.  When her family calls her, he answers her cellphone, so they stopped calling.  He told her that he is not really going to marry her but is going to buy her a fake ring, so her family will believe they are engaged.  The guy took the baby's SSN and told her that he was filing taxes on the child (it is not his).  when she completed the birth registration forms, he erased it and changed the babys name to his last name, and added himself as the father.  When she tried to change it he yelled, screamed at her that he taking care of her. Every time she tells him, she cannot put his name on the BC because it is fraud, there is backlash. He refuses to add child to his medical benefits, and told her to file for food stamps, and medicaid. She has been in contact with a domestic violence shelter just in case she needs to runaway and legal services for domestic violence, and her friend currently has a plan for her to get to her in another state.  

She is now afraid that he will try to take the baby because her work visa expired. I am unaware of any physical abuse.  Can she apply for VAWA?

I doubt it. One of the requirements is that you have to be legally married or be under the impression that you are married. She obviously knows she is not married so therefore I don't see any way for her to apply for VAWA... Domestic Violence might be a good reason to file for a U visa, but as you are unaware of any physical abuse it would probably be close to impossible. This is just my opinion, but maybe Sandra can give a better suggestion. Best of luck!

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Hi Dears

I am married with a USC wife 2014 for love n make family and 2015 she applied for my green card after 2 months she started fighting physicaly with me and verbaly n mental abusive till the point that she quicked me out from the apartment changed locks so i stay in my friend's house  couple months till she and cousins couldn't afford rent the landlord quicked them out my adjustment status still pending  now she started looking for me and i took her back renew lease just exactly 3 months she started with me agued about money oh if i don't give her money she will break everything in the house so she left stay out for 2 days and she came back early morning threw water on my face twice , pull off the bed under me attempt to pin me again wall she grap tv and vacum broke so she started packing both our cloths to go throw outside then i call the police for police report she ran to unknow place then i went to court put a TRO on her and 10 days i finalyzed into PRO into her. What can i do about my status i have heard about vawa help abusive relationship please help am i qualified for it as a man ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, Roms2017 said:

Hi Dears

I am married with a USC wife 2014 for love n make family and 2015 she applied for my green card after 2 months she started fighting physicaly with me and verbaly n mental abusive till the point that she quicked me out from the apartment changed locks so i stay in my friend's house  couple months till she and cousins couldn't afford rent the landlord quicked them out my adjustment status still pending  now she started looking for me and i took her back renew lease just exactly 3 months she started with me agued about money oh if i don't give her money she will break everything in the house so she left stay out for 2 days and she came back early morning threw water on my face twice , pull off the bed under me attempt to pin me again wall she grap tv and vacum broke so she started packing both our cloths to go throw outside then i call the police for police report she ran to unknow place then i went to court put a TRO on her and 10 days i finalyzed into PRO into her. What can i do about my status i have heard about vawa help abusive relationship please help am i qualified for it as a man ?

Also do i have a strong case or weak case what are my changes for success if i apply?

Edited by Roms2017

On 2/15/2017 at 10:49 AM, sandranj said:

Cameron you  sent me a private message and I  answered your private message and now you posted here. Pm should not be posted here, therefore limit to ask me question just here please .

Hi, I never sent you a private message.

Update on my timeline

Waited 30 days to get receipts on my forms. Then another 40 days to get an update on my EAD which went straight to production without biometrics.

12/06/2016 - mailed my package

12/12/2016 - USCIS accepted and waived filing fees

01/05/2017 - received NOA1 for all forms

02/14/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "New Card is Being Produced"

02/16/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/16/2017 - received biometrics appointment for March 1st

I guess it's official. Getting an EAD without biometrics is possible.

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ms.Green said:

Update on my timeline

Waited 30 days to get receipts on my forms. Then another 40 days to get an update on my EAD which went straight to production without biometrics.

12/06/2016 - mailed my package

12/12/2016 - USCIS accepted and waived filing fees

01/05/2017 - received NOA1 for all forms

02/14/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "New Card is Being Produced"

02/16/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/16/2017 - received biometrics appointment for March 1st

I guess it's official. Getting an EAD without biometrics is possible.

I am so happy to hear that Ms. Green! EAD is a big milestone I feel like ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.