2,895 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, SUicidaL-3876 said:

will do. I appreciate your help.

Anytime, let us know if you need any other help.

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-360 Prima Facie - 11/07/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

3 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Received my notice for my biometrics appointment today for 3/3. 

Hi, I will survive, congrats on your biometrics appointment. You don't have to wait until that day to go in, as you can actually take your letter and walk into your local USCIS office, and they will process you. Just a bit of info, based off my experience. 

XX 

56 minutes ago, RonandJay said:

Hi, I will survive, congrats on your biometrics appointment. You don't have to wait until that day to go in, as you can actually take your letter and walk into your local USCIS office, and they will process you. Just a bit of info, based off my experience. 

XX 

Oh really? I had no idea! I might try that. Worst thing that can happen is they tell me to come back for my actual appointment. 

38 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Oh really? I had no idea! I might try that. Worst thing that can happen is they tell me to come back for my actual appointment. 

Exactly, but they won't (well, they shouldn't ? ). I know many people who did it, and got processed. Tell us how it goes. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So let me tell you, i sent my package 765, 131, 485 on dec 5, on feb 7 they sent a rfe for passport, resent on feb 8 amd got 2 updates on feb 13, one saying they got my rfe and second they transfered my 485 to a uscis office. I got the letter 3 days later saying my case was transfered to NBC for fastes processingand they will let me know the desicion, i called today to ask for my priority date since it has 2 dif dates on receipt, and the machine says my last update is that my case was sent to vermont for processing, the ldy who answered said she doesnt know where is my case bc is not stated online, and for 765 i need to wait 60 days after rfe received, anyone had that happen before? Having the case sent back to vermont in the same day i got the receipt saying it was on nbc? Or is the answering machine not accurate

On 2/17/2017 at 1:37 PM, Ms.Green said:

Update on my timeline

Waited 30 days to get receipts on my forms. Then another 40 days to get an update on my EAD which went straight to production without biometrics.

12/06/2016 - mailed my package

12/12/2016 - USCIS accepted and waived filing fees

01/05/2017 - received NOA1 for all forms

02/14/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "New Card is Being Produced"

02/16/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/16/2017 - received biometrics appointment for March 1st

I guess it's official. Getting an EAD without biometrics is possible.

Hi Ms Green! Congrats on your EAD approval. Could you tell me which category you put on your EAD, if it was C9 or C31? Sandranj helped me and I sent the amended form. I just want to know if I was the only one that put C31. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RonandJay said:

Hi Ms Green! Congrats on your EAD approval. Could you tell me which category you put on your EAD, if it was C9 or C31? Sandranj helped me and I sent the amended form. I just want to know if I was the only one that put C31. 

I used category c31 and no biometrics were needed

my EAD was approved  On February 23 will be six months waiting for biometrics and interview but I haven't received anything.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

RonandJay,

C(31) will give you EAD after your VAWA Self-Petition is approved. C(9) will give you EAD while you are waiting for your VAWA to be adjudicated but there is a catch: you have to apply for I-485 (Adjustment of Status) at the same time as VAWA. My lawyer applied for both just to be safe and I got receipts for both categories. 

30 minutes ago, RonandJay said:

Hey RonandJay, 

Sorry, I didn't notice your question. I filed under c9. 

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

And yet another update on my status:

12/06/2016 - mailed my package

12/12/2016 - USCIS accepted and waived filing fees

01/05/2017 - received NOA1 for all forms

02/14/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "New Card is Being Produced"

02/16/2017 - update on USCIS for i-765 "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/16/2017 - received biometrics appointment for March 1st

02/21/2017 - received EAD in the mail!

77 days total

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

2 hours ago, Lunalotto said:

So let me tell you, i sent my package 765, 131, 485 on dec 5, on feb 7 they sent a rfe for passport, resent on feb 8 amd got 2 updates on feb 13, one saying they got my rfe and second they transfered my 485 to a uscis office. I got the letter 3 days later saying my case was transfered to NBC for fastes processingand they will let me know the desicion, i called today to ask for my priority date since it has 2 dif dates on receipt, and the machine says my last update is that my case was sent to vermont for processing, the ldy who answered said she doesnt know where is my case bc is not stated online, and for 765 i need to wait 60 days after rfe received, anyone had that happen before? Having the case sent back to vermont in the same day i got the receipt saying it was on nbc? Or is the answering machine not accurate

USCIS does not update the system every time something changes. The customer service sees the same stuff you do online and can only tell you the same thing. I doubt they would be transferring any VAWA applications to a different office. Mistakes happen, but the best suggestion anyone can give you here is:

a) wait

b) ask your attorney to contact Vermont for more information on the case status

c) schedule an infopass appointment at your local office and they might be able to answer your question

I don't have a priority date on any of my paperwork...

I-360 filed - 10/21/2016

I-485 filed - 12/06/2016

I-765 filed - 12/06/2016

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lunalotto said:

Hi lunalotto my case was also transferred to NBC on October 18 2016 since then I've been waiting for a notice for biometrics but I haven't received anything.  I call customer service and they told me the only way to find out where my case is located is by writing a letter to Vermont service center with your signature. If they see no signature they will not answer . However I mailed a letter to VSC and another to NBC on December 20 and I haven't received any answer from them.  I also tried to inquire online but after 3 weeks they just mailed me a letter explaining that due to the nature of my case they could not answer for my own safety. I m here still waiting for any notice. Don't give up they also told me that after they transfer your case to NBC it takes around two months to received appointment for biometrics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.