1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Did You receive NOA2? It seems strange that someone with your PD at CSC is at NVC. Please fill in your timeline as everyone on VJ should do to contribute statistics to the other members in exchange for help.

I got was emailed a notice from nvc on april 11 2017 which states that my case was not eligible for further processing due to annual limit. I am not sure what is noa 2 or noa... but what does these six steps mean... where can i get my invoice id from... i am very new to these terms

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

Hi guys today i checked my case on ceac as my case is with nvc and my pd is 8 nov 2016.. i got this message on the ceac website please tell me what does this mean as i didnt recive any letter ffrom nvc regarding these six steps ;

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at http://nvc.state.gov (English) and http://nvc.state.gov/espanol (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at http://nvc.state.gov/ask. 

Did yor case get approved ? Was your case moved from USCIS to NvC ?

did they assign you a case number ?

is it F2A ?

Edited by Tara elias

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tara elias said:

Did yor case get approved ? Did your case moved from USCIS to NvC ?

did they assign you a case number ?

is it F2A ?

Yes i have an nvc case number and its f2a...again what does these 6 points mean..how far i need to go now?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Hamza86 said:

Yes i have an nvc case number and its f2a...again what does these 6 points mean..how far i need to go now?

Please tell us if you got approval for your I.-130. This case is very strange and you should not be eligible for processing at NVC with your Priority date.

Unless you can answer our questions, and we can confirm, this means, that there is a online error with your profile.

1. Who petitioned for you.

2. Did you get approval of your I-130 and when was it approved. If possible show a photo of your approval letter (clear out your personal details)

3. Did you get a notice that your case was send to NVC?

4. Which service center are you processing in? Is it really california?

Timeline
Just now, Michael2017 said:

Please tell us if you got approval for your I.-130. This case is very strange and you should not be eligible for processing at NVC with your Priority date.

Unless you can answer our questions, and we can confirm, this means, that there is a online error with your profile.

1. Who petitioned for you.

2. Did you get approval of your I-130 and when was it approved. If possible show a photo of your approval letter (clear out your personal details)

3. Did you get a notice that your case was send to NVC?

4. Which service center are you processing in? Is it really california?

1- my wife

2 yes it was approved i confirmed it from uscis aswell

3  yes i even confirmed it from nvc and uscis by calling....its i 797 notice of action...type is approval notice

4 yes

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

1- my wife

2 yes it was approved i confirmed it from uscis aswell

3  yes i even confirmed it from nvc and uscis by calling....its i 797 notice of action...type is approval notice

4 yes

We are asking all the time for people to confirm to us when they get 797 NOA here, you would have made others happy to tell us earlier.

a) Is your wife a US citizen or a green card holder? Did she recently get the nationality maybe?

b) When did you get Notice of Action (NO2) ? Approval of I130?

If you are really in F2A, than you was very lucky to be processed so fast. Normally you would not be eligible for processing at NVC as the Chart B of the visa bulletin is not current, but, if your message there is not a mistake, it could mean that they move Chart B in the next visa bulletin a big amount of time.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

We are asking all the time for people to confirm to us when they get 797 NOA here, you would have made others happy to tell us earlier.

a) Is your wife a US citizen or a green card holder? Did she recently get the nationality maybe?

b) When did you get Notice of Action (NO2) ? Approval of I130?

If you are really in F2A, than you was very lucky to be processed so fast. Normally you would not be eligible for processing at NVC as the Chart B of the visa bulletin is not current, but, if your message there is not a mistake, it could mean that they move Chart B in the next visa bulletin a big amount of time.

My wife is a green card holder....I got my I797 notice on april 11 2017...  But what next for me now? I am still not clear? How much more time my process will take place?what next do i need to do?

Timeline
Just now, Hamza86 said:

My wife is a green card holder....I got my I797 notice on april 11 2017...  But what next for me now? I am still not clear? How much more time my process will take place?what next do i need to do?

You are the first case we have seen on VJ with such a timeline. Could you please fill out the timeline of your profile?

What to do next? The system will allow you to make all steps once you are eligible for processing. If they allow you now, just go ahead.

They will give you only the steps available so you cant make a mistake. However, normally this to happen, the Visa Bulletin Chart B must move past your priority date. If your profile allows you to start this process, then this means, the Visa Bulletin for October will have a very large Chart B move.

Is your wife currently living in USA? Did you file via a field office abroad or via a US Lock office based in the USA? 

Timeline

You are the first case we have seen on VJ with such a timeline. Could you please fill out the timeline of your profile?

What to do next? The system will allow you to make all steps once you are eligible for processing. If they allow you now, just go ahead.

They will give you only the steps available so you cant make a mistake. However, normally this to happen, the Visa Bulletin Chart B must move past your priority date. If your profile allows you to start this process, then this means, the Visa Bulletin for October will have a very large Chart B move.

Is your wife currently living in USA? Did you file via a field office abroad or via a US Lock office based in the USA? 

I will do that shortly as i will be calling NVC at 7 new york time today for confirmed information...My case was applied in usa by my wife's father...she is in usa now as her extension permit was about to expire so she had to go back....But you didnt get you I797 form till yet?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

I will do that shortly as i will be calling NVC at 7 new york time today for confirmed information...My case was applied in usa by my wife's father...she is in usa now as her extension permit was about to expire so she had to go back....But you didnt get you I797 form till yet?

Here are 100s or 1000s of filers. Also 1000s of filers in Facebook. NO ONE LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 2016 PD got NO2 (I797). This is why your story seems so strange to us. There is no single person with PD October but your PD is November and you have I797 and you are at NVC. This is very very strange and not normal. Please call NVC and please let us know what they say. Your case is unique. 

Timeline

Here are 100s or 1000s of filers. Also 1000s of filers in Facebook. NO ONE LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 2016 PD got NO2 (I797). This is why your story seems so strange to us. There is no single person with PD October but your PD is November and you have I797 and you are at NVC. This is very very strange and not normal. Please call NVC and please let us know what they say. Your case is unique. 

I will call there in 10 minutes as they start operation at 7...Will update here aswell

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

And are you fully sure your PD is Nov 2016 not 2015?

I talked to nvc and they say ur case is not eligible for processing yet...those six steps i need to follow once my pd becomes current

Timeline
Just now, Hamza86 said:

I talked to nvc and they say ur case is not eligible for processing yet...those six steps i need to follow once my pd becomes current

Yes, Chart B of Visa Bulletin must match your Priority Date. You had an expedited process of your I-130, for some reason but now we must wait for Chart B to move. We will know more in next Visa Bulletin. You can start checking which documents are needed and get them ready where possible in the mean time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.