2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
33 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

what were the downsides of going that route?

Haven't heard any downsides. Just that it's been effective for some people, and other it didn't really have any effect. I'm guessing that might have more to do with the state itself than anything though.

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, darina said:

We filed our inquiry well before 5 month mark, i think it was day 120 or something like that. We got our NOA2 on 135th day. And the USCIS responded to the inquiry within 48 hours. 

Wow, that's encouraging. Maybe we'll start there. Thanks!

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kuben&Tiffany said:

Yep, we're at 150 days with no word about anything. I've emailed USCIS with no response. Once it passes our received date (6th) I'm going to start calling. I'm not feeling confident that it's going to make any difference one way or another, unfortunately. 

I think I would start calling my congressman as well!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ray&Ash said:

Visa approved! :) Thank u all for all the help! 

Review and experience posted under the consulate reviews. 

All the best to all :)

Best wishes...

Congrats!!

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

Congratulation to all of the approved applicants !

This group helped me sooo much to stay sane :) 

Now, 27 days after my NOA2 approval , NVC received my case! Yay... It took so long.

Can someone tell me what should my next steps be? Also, where can I track my NVC case?

9 minutes ago, Serik said:

Congratulation to all of the approved applicants !

This group helped me sooo much to stay sane :) 

Now, 27 days after my NOA2 approval , NVC received my case! Yay... It took so long.

Can someone tell me what should my next steps be? Also, where can I track my NVC case?

You now do your medical and schedule the interview. (every country is a bit different) 

NVC tracking 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Edited by Redheadguy03

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, JahRyl said:

Yeah that's what confused me, I haven't seen anyone posted about the 6 steps. Hahaha

Congratulations we are really on the same timeline. 

We'll keep you posted of any activities with our petition. 

Just to update you, my status changed to ready today. Definitely quicker to that stage than I expected. I already scheduled the interview! Hope yours is progressing as quick!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Qatar
Timeline

Just to update you, my status changed to ready today. Definitely quicker to that stage than I expected. I already scheduled the interview! Hope yours is progressing as quick!

Hello! 

I just checked ours today and it's now in transit. So I thinks it's on its way here in doha. Was planning to go home next week to get my Nbi clearance as it is very difficult to get here in Qatar. 

Thanks for keeping us posted! 

Cheers! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Visa approved! :) Thank u all for all the help! 

Review and experience posted under the consulate reviews. 

All the best to all :)

Best wishes...

Congratulations !

share your Experience from your interview plz.

how long your case stayed at NVC

After how long you recieved an email from the US Embassy about your Interview appointment ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Is it a good Idea that my fiancé accompany me on my interview ?
Or will it have a positive effect on our case!? 

I know he might not be allow to go inside the embassy but at least I can take his US passport to have a proof for them that he is here too. 

Is it a good Idea that my fiancé accompany me on my interview ?
Or will it have a positive effect on our case!? 

I know he might not be allow to go inside the embassy but at least I can take his US passport to have a proof for them that he is here too. 

From what I've read it doesn't necessarily matter. However, it obviously doesn't  hurt. If he's able to attend he definitely should. I would for my fiance if I could, but unfortunately I have to work. 

Timeline

Great news everyone. Just got done talking to NVC and we have our new case number. HEE HAW!!!!!   We were approved by USCIS on April 13th and new case number from NVC on May 5th. NVC also told me that our application has not yet been sent to the embassy.

Question though. Now that we have our case number from the NVC we can now track the status of our case on the CEAC website, correct?

Thanks everyone here for the great support and help. OMG I am so happy now again because this just means that will be able to see my loved one soon.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

Just remember keep the faith because your time is just around the corner too.

Edited by Herhorizon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

@Kuben&Tiffany @RJandHamid just wanted to let you both know that I submitted a request to my congressman's office yesterday and spoke to them today. They will be submitting a congressional inquiry to USCIS on my behalf. They were SO nice and helpful. I will keep you posted on what I hear back from USCIS. 

Edited by hy2016

Timeline

@Kuben&Tiffany @RJandHamid just wanted to let you both know that I submitted a request to my congressman's office yesterday and spoke to them today. They will be submitting an congressional inquiry to USCIS on my behalf. They were SO nice and helpful. I will keep you posted on what I hear back from USCIS. 

I actually filed with our congressman's office today too. Best of luck for you guys. Here's hoping they'll be able to shake the tree a little. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.