2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 minutes ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Yes I called them to get the numbers.

Cool. So now you can track your case getting the embassy here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

So our interview is in 2 weeks in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and I want to double check the papers I am gonna bring with me at the Consulate. If you think I have something missing, could you please let me know?  Or any advice?  Thanks!

• Passport
  • Previous visa
  • Birth Certificate of Petitioner (Copy)
  • Birth Certificate of Beneficiary (Original and copy)
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Papers to back up the affidavit: W2, Tax Transcripts, Employer letter, Pay Stubs.Bank Statements.
  • Police Certificate
  • Medical Examination (The sealed envelope)
  • NOA1, NOA2, NVC letters
  • Packet 3 letter / Invite letter
  • Pictures of Us together, With dates in the back
  • 2 Passport Style pictures of Benefeciary
  • Proof of ongoin relationship (Chat logs, Travel History, Flight reservation)
  • Plans of wedding (Receipt of the payment for the wedding dress, venue information)
  • Copy of i-129F package

Would this be enough? Am I missing something?  I don't want to give them any reason to deny us, So I want to be really prepared for it.

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

To

6 minutes ago, minemar said:

So our interview is in 2 weeks in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and I want to double check the papers I am gonna bring with me at the Consulate. If you think I have something missing, could you please let me know?  Or any advice?  Thanks!

• Passport
  • Previous visa
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Papers to back up the affidavit: W2, Tax Transcripts, Employer letter, Pay Stubs.Bank Statements.
  • Police Certificate
  • Plans of wedding (Receipt of the payment for the wedding dress, venue information)
  • Copy of i-129F package

Would this be enough? Am I missing something?  I don't want to give them any reason to deny us, So I want to be really prepared for it.

To me it looks good.

My fiancé will be going thru Juarez as well and thanks for posting he will be needing the information as well.

Quick question from the time you were able to schedule the interview how long until the first available appointment? Just curious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 minutes ago, minemar said:

• Passport
  • Previous visa
  • Affidavit of Support
  • Police Certificate
  • Copy of i-129F package

Not sure if it is required, but you can also include updated letters of intent from each of you. Essentially the same letter you submitted with the initial petition, but with the date closer to the interview. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

2 minutes ago, gtiorobertsf said:

To

To me it looks good.

My fiancé will be going thru Juarez as well and thanks for posting he will be needing the information as well.

Quick question from the time you were able to schedule the interview how long until the first available appointment? Just curious.

After my fiancé (Petitioner) received the letter and I went to book the appoinment, the next available date was a month after.  Which was a total bumer.  my thoughts to you (which I didn't get in time when I was at the NVC stage) is, fill DS-160, pay your fee and schedule. Just after your case says "READY" at the CEAC site.  Otherwise you will lose time.

I never received the letter in Mexico, but luckily my fiancé did, he had no trouble with the mail service,  So while you wait for the packet 3 (the invite letter) you can go ahead and fill the form, (btw I just realized I didn't mentioned the DS-160 confirmation in the list of documents, you need it too) and pay your visa fee. and get your appoinment. You'll save time and u will not waste over a month like I did just to wait for that letter.

Other people failed to inform me it was better to do it that way. Or they weren't clear enough.

K1 Visa

Spoiler
  • December 21, 2016 - Package Sent
  • December 23, 2016 - Package Received
  • January 05, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
  • January 11, 2017 - NOA1 mail
  • April 04, 2017 - Case Approved
  • April 10, 2017 - NOA2 mail
  • April 24, 2017 - NVC Received, Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned too.
  • April 26, 2017 - Consulate Received
  • May 04, 2017 - Packet 3 Letters Sent.
  • May 15, 2017 - Packet 3 Arrived in Mail
  • June 15 , 2017 - Medical
  • June 16 , 2017 - Biometrics
  • June 20 , 2017 - Interview / Approved! 
  • June 27 , 2017 - Visa on hand
  • June 29 , 2017 - POE / JFK Airport, New York

July 15, 2017:  W E D D I N G ! ! ! ! !

AOS

Spoiler

• Spoiler

• August 16, 2017 - AOS Package Sent / AOS, EAD, AP. Affidavit.
    • August 18, 2017 - Package Received
    • August 26, 2017 - NOA1 text / e-mail
    • August 31, 2017 - NOA1 mail
    • September 05, 2017 - ASC Appoinment letter / mail
    • September 12, 2017 - ASC Appoinment
    • September 20, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
    • October 28, 2017 - Case updated to:  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview --AGAIN-- ????
    • November 22, 2017 - EAD/AP  Approval letter in mail
    • November 27, 2017 - EAD/AP Card Received
    • July 24, 2018 - AOS Interview

• July 26, 2018 - AOS approval
  • August 03, 2018 - CARD IN HAND!!!  Finally!

•  

ROC

• May 12, 2020 - Package Sent
  • May 18, 2020 - Package Received
  • June 17, 2020 - Fingerprints letter saying they will use previous data
  • July 08, 2020 - NOA Received
  • December 14, 2020 - Case Update: New Card Being Produced - Email alert
  •  December 15, 2020 - Case Approved - Email alert
  • December 19, 2020 - Approval notice and card received.

:) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
10 hours ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Done with my interview in Manila this morning and got APPROVED! 👏❤️👍

Such a big relief hearing these lines from a CO: "Congratulations. Welcome to the United States Of America. You're approved! Wait for your visa in 5-7 business days! You may go home now!" 🙂

Soooooo happy for you!  

Hope we are next!!!!

11 hours ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Done with my interview in Manila this morning and got APPROVED! 👏❤️👍

Such a big relief hearing these lines from a CO: "Congratulations. Welcome to the United States Of America. You're approved! Wait for your visa in 5-7 business days! You may go home now!" 🙂

Congratulations! What beautiful words to hear.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
22 hours ago, tritruong85 said:

Wow I wish that was the answer I was given. Please let me know if you get an answer this Thursday.

We finally got an answer from USCIS basically telling us "We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks "

probably some of the most depressing news we could have received. from what I have read it could take up to another 2 or 3 months to clear. 

Edited by hy2016

6 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

We finally got an answer from USCIS basically telling us "We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks "

probably some of the most depressing news we could have received. from what I have read it could take up to another 2 or 3 months to clear. 

Oh I am sorry to hear about that. Now I am worried if that is why mine is also delayed. Well at least they gave you a more specific answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, tritruong85 said:

Oh I am sorry to hear about that. Now I am worried if that is why mine is also delayed. Well at least they gave you a more specific answer.

a specific answer but not really a timeline or understanding why or how long this will last. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
3 hours ago, hy2016 said:

Oh no....That's terrible news. That's the answer we had been worried we would hear. I'm so sorry to hear this, I was really hoping you guys would be cleared through this week. :-(

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

my fiance just sent the packet 3 email, he had to send it 3 times he sent it 3 times because the first time he put our receipt number instead of the barcode number, ans then fhe screen shot was illegible-he doesnt have a printer and the site wouldnt send the email of the confirmation to him or me so he just took a screen shot of it, are either of those going to be a problem?

how long does it take to get packet 4?

Edited by smedeiros

8 hours ago, goodlulck52 said:
Are there still anyone whose RFE was received by USCIS around May 3 waiting for NOA2? :(

They received my RFE on May 10 and I'm still waiting for NOA2 as well :(. Hopefully be soon for us and everyone else who is still waiting for their NOA2s.

Edited by bluesky2830

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.