2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

As I understand: approvals are sent between 9 and 11 pm EST. RFEs are sent anytime.

2 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

Drum roll please.............

It is with great excitement that after 111 days of craziness, we got the RFE notice today! So on to the approval..

I know not "officially approved"  but usually its something we can answer or provide and will get approved right? I have no idea just yet what they want, but surely we can get it right back to them and will get approval. If I get proof right away and it  sent back in we should be "officially approved"  in 2-3 weeks!!!!!  I kept telling Grace, "Just give me an approved or RFE  we will get through this, I know it!"       

YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!  And yes she is jumping for joy up and down!!!!

Now to get the RFE sent back in,  and in 1 1/2 - 2 months from approval, (HK is fast) Grace will be here!!!!  

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to everyone putting up with us...

And to others, dream big, hang in there, you CAN do this too..  I am praying it's just a checked box or something.. if anyone else recently has had a RFE,  what was asked from you? 

Good luck! Must be a relief to know that they have at least looked at your file! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
13 minutes ago, cumulonimbus said:

Good luck! Must be a relief to know that they have at least looked at your file! 

Yes, and just hope the RFE is something simple... 

Here's to  a un checked box or a wrong box, but easy to confirm information wise! 

I mean Grace is Filippino... It's not like we don't have a gazzilion pics... hahahahaha 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good evening everyone...

so, after 122 days, we got the RFE notice today, April 17th. 😔

I don't know if I should be happy about it. I wasn't expecting this... we were planning to get married this coming June.

By the way, something really weird happened last night. I dreamed I was at the CSC and one lady (I don't remember her name) told me they would take a look at our case today, April 17th... maybe I just need to calm myself down 🤔

Edited by Jonathan&Beatriz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jonathan&Beatriz said:

Good evening everyone...

so, after 122 days, we got the RFE notice today, April 17th. 😔

I don't know if I should be happy about it. I wasn't expecting this... we were planning to get married this coming June.

By the way, something really weird happened last night. I dreamed I was at the CSC and one lady (I don't remember her name) told me they would take a look at our case today, April 17th... maybe I just need to calm myself down 🤔

Just be thankful your case finally got touched now your one step closer once you get the reason for the RFE mailed to you and you mail back whatever they were asking for. You will find it's hard to make concrete plans in this process so my best advice is to remain flexible in your plans and that can alleviate a lot of stress that gets built up in the process. Your almost there so hang in there and try to remain calm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi.. Is there anyone else who has applied from Thailand (I am not a Thai citizen but I have been living here for work). 

Not clear on what "Single Certificate" means in my case, am I supposed to get it from Thailand or my birth country? I sent email to US embassy asking this and they said I should wait as my application is still with USCIS.

Most government documents take more than one month here so just wanted to be prepared in advance. 

Already 127 days and still waiting for NOA2 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am happy to see many people here get their either RFE or approvals. congrats. hopefully I will hear a news soon too. I want to ask if anyone here registered a USCIS account and activated the email/phone notification. If so, did you get any notification at all? I am now kind of afraid to check the status 😯

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just checked the CEAC website and it finally changed from "In Transit" to "Ready"!!!!!!!  All that's left is for her to knock out the medical and the interview. And wouldn't you know it when I try to update my VJ time line I get some error asking if I'm supposed to be there and that my IP address has been logged.   I'll try again tomorrow good night all. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Just checked the CEAC website and it finally changed from "In Transit" to "Ready"!!!!!!!  All that's left is for her to knock out the medical and the interview. And wouldn't you know it when I try to update my VJ time line I get some error asking if I'm supposed to be there and that my IP address has been logged.   I'll try again tomorrow good night all. 

Yeah I got the same message as I was trying to update my timeline too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

Drum roll please.............

It is with great excitement that after 111 days of craziness, we got the RFE notice today! So on to the approval..

I know not "officially approved"  but usually its something we can answer or provide and will get approved right? I have no idea just yet what they want, but surely we can get it right back to them and will get approval. If I get proof right away and it  sent back in we should be "officially approved"  in 2-3 weeks!!!!!  I kept telling Grace, "Just give me an approved or RFE  we will get through this, I know it!"       

YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!  And yes she is jumping for joy up and down!!!!

Now to get the RFE sent back in,  and in 1 1/2 - 2 months from approval, (HK is fast) Grace will be here!!!!  

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to everyone putting up with us...

And to others, dream big, hang in there, you CAN do this too..  I am praying it's just a checked box or something.. if anyone else recently has had a RFE,  what was asked from you? 

Hi there my fiancé and I had gotten a RFE as well via USCIS update online on 3/3/17 and we got the actual letter 3/9/17. 

my thoughts to you guys is to look over your entire duplicate copy of your application you sent and requirements /or tried to remeber  If all requirements were met! 

We notice that we didn't sent a beneficiary letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days.. oooh😔

So we immediately started working on our replies and also add additional photos of meeting in person etc, so when we actually got the RFE letter we were a step ahead in the response process.          

We final gotten the hard copy letter 

BAM! They require proof of beneficiary letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days. Then we responded in a weeks time and we got approved 3/24/17! 

[Tip: 1) Make a copy of the RFE letter and Ensure the original BLUE RFE paper and RFE instruction is inside the immediate FRONT of your response folder/application to delay any process , makes it easier for them to scan you receipt number and restart the process !

2) Use USPS priority mail so you could receive a tracking number and package reaches to USCIS in CSC in 2-3 days

3) Ensure you reply to the CSC or given RE:// address to delay process] 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, abichen said:

I am happy to see many people here get their either RFE or approvals. congrats. hopefully I will hear a news soon too. I want to ask if anyone here registered a USCIS account and activated the email/phone notification. If so, did you get any notification at all? I am now kind of afraid to check the status 😯

We are registered but nothing sent but the noa1. We just got touched so we have a RFE and hope we can address that asap! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

Hi there my fiancé and I had gotten a RFE as well via USCIS update online on 3/3/17 and we got the actual letter 3/9/17. 

my thoughts to you guys is to look over your entire duplicate copy of your application you sent and requirements /or tried to remeber  If all requirements were met! 

We notice that we didn't sent a beneficiary letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days.. oooh😔

So we immediately started working on our replies and also add additional photos of meeting in person etc, so when we actually got the RFE letter we were a step ahead in the response process.          

We final gotten the hard copy letter 

BAM! They require proof of beneficiary letter certifying intent to marry in 90 days. Then we responded in a weeks time and we got approved 3/24/17! 

[Tip: 1) Make a copy of the RFE letter and Ensure the original BLUE RFE paper and RFE instruction is inside the immediate FRONT of your response folder/application to delay any process , makes it easier for them to scan you receipt number and restart the process !

2) Use USPS priority mail so you could receive a tracking number and package reaches to USCIS in CSC in 2-3 days

3) Ensure you reply to the CSC or given RE:// address to delay process] 

Since I am the sponsor you mean Grace who is traveling here as the beneficiary needs to hand write or type a letter?   Can she email it? I could then print it out here.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.