2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Roger & Grace said:

Dec 27 is the received date on the NOA 1 our paper letter in the mail was dated Jan 6th also on the USCIS paper. When we log into the USCIS site it said NOA 1 was received Dec 27th. The  estimated time is when we plugged those numbers in VJ  here.  Seeing how on that date there is what, 462 applications?   I would hope this week or next if we are lucky.   I was very thorough trying to get everything right checking 7-8 times.... OK, truthfully maybe 20-30.  Hahahaha

It's like OK, Roger, is it all there and correct?  I sure hope so!   I won't panic till maybe 3-4 weeks into April..... or at least I keep saying that to myself!   

Afterall, I am supposed to be the strong one, Grace is a nervous wreck! It's a very  big deal,  especially in Filipino culture!

Being approved validates all the hoops we both go through, it validates my trip halfway round the world to meet her. It  validates in a way this is real even though we know it is, and yet it can't define us, yet it's everything to be with the one you love and want to be with for the rest of your life!  

At the the end of the day, that should be the only reason we are here anyhow. One of Gods greatest gifts if I can be religious just a little bit is to "Love and Be Loved Back Unconditionally."  It's a mystery it happens when you think about it?  If you feel and find that, you will go through hoops, walk through fire, travel half way round the world, and get through this process!  I pray all of us can! And we will! 

Awww… I couldn't agree more. Grace is just lucky having you to have her back during this 'trying' period. All will be fine for all of us here… Heaps of hope and love to all of us waiting. 

More than the details of our VJ timeline, reading inspirational posts to make this waiting a lot easier is just priceless. There's a bunch of kind people here in VJ.

So helpful, very intelligent, while others help you not to get your hopes too high. All of them make an impact to this journey! Cheers to us realistic goal keepers! 

My thanks to everyone exerting efforts to shed light on members, new or not. 

God bless! And ALOHA! :) 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Understood. I know the wait can be tough but hang in there. Things tend to happen when you least suspect them. Hopefully soon for you.

Thank you so much, Brandon N Nadia. My warm happy cheers to your NOA2, by the way. I just checked your timeline haha… I'm happy for you and your sweetheart. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all! I recieved my NOA2 letter March 11th and got my NVC case number last Tuesday and checked that my status is READY and my stuff has been received by the Embassy last Friday! 

I'm trying to gather all the information together. My mom will be my co-sponsor since I don't make enough. However, I'm in this unique situation in which I am working in the country that my fiance lives in (Colombia) and I didn't fill out US taxes, but I do have something similar here called certificado de ingresos and it's in Spanish. Will I need to translate this document if he's going to be taking it to the Embassy in Bogotá? And will I be able to translate these documents myself?

Any insight would be helpful, thanks in advance! 

Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Being following this forum for quiet sometime now and really appreciate on all the helpful insights!

I am filing for my finace in China and we received our NOA1 on December 19, 2016

VisaJourney estimated we should gotten our NOA2 by March 22nd and yet I still didn't see anything, pretty worried....

Should I start calling to check the status?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, jack66819 said:

Hi Guys,

Being following this forum for quiet sometime now and really appreciate on all the helpful insights!

I am filing for my finace in China and we received our NOA1 on December 19, 2016

VisaJourney estimated we should gotten our NOA2 by March 22nd and yet I still didn't see anything, pretty worried....

Should I start calling to check the status?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Your really not that far off.  Do you see others around you approved off of the list? I'd give it this week and next then call. The holidays throw everything off a little! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, tdav said:

Woke up to our approval just now! I had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night which is very uncharacteristic for me. Good thing I didn't check the app until this morning or I definitely would not have slept at all due to excitement! 

Congratulation cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
16 hours ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Hello Roger and Grace, i have a question because I noticed that we have almost the same timeline. I checked yours that your NOA1 date was Dec 27 which was sent on 22? Is this the NOA1 date in the letter you received from post mail, or you meant 'received date by the USCIS? We both sent our file on Dec.22. :) (BTW, VJ works based on 'NOA1 Date letter', while USCIS works based on 'Received Date') Actually, this date system brings confusion to many VJ members as against the USCIS Tracking App. :(

I asked because i got so excited too when you said your case may be adjudicated anytime today til march 30. Whereas mine is on April 9 to April 12.

Here are my details: 

Sent our I129-F on Dec 22

USCIS received date on Dec 28 

NOA1 Date on Jan 9 

Estimate VJ adjudication Apr 9-12

:) 

Its the estimated timeline here on VJ 

Timeline

Here is the score now people. It has now been 97 days after the receipt of my 129F application at the USCIS and have not gotten an approval yet. After changing the NOA1 date on my timeline to reflect the received date of my application, which is what should be entered, my adjudication was to have been March 21 to March 24. Well it is now after that time frame so now hoping that it will be this week.

Application sent: 12/17/2016

Application received by USCIS: 12/21/2016

USCIS mailed notice date is 01/02/2017 which also show received date of application as 12/21/2016

I am also showing this information as have noticed there is some confusion happening based on the information being plugged into the VJ timelines. As what has already been mentioned your NOA1 date is the date that your application was received by the USCIS. That is the date from which the timeline bases the projected adjudication time.

Edited by Herhorizon

Timeline

Also just to add something to my previous post here and an FYI my last 7 digits of my case number are: 0139234. If you use those last 7 digits and look at the updates that AkesAngel usually posts from the USCIS it will reflect the received date of 12/21/2016. Good luck to all and hope that you will be hearing of your NOA2 approval soon.

19 minutes ago, Herhorizon said:

Here is the score now people. It has now been 97 days after the receipt of my 129F application at the USCIS and have not gotten an approval yet. After changing the NOA1 date on my timeline to reflect the received date of my application, which is what should be entered, my adjudication was to have been March 21 to March 24. Well it is now after that time frame so now hoping that it will be this week.

Application sent: 12/17/2016

Application received by USCIS: 12/21/2016

USCIS mailed notice date is 01/02/2017 which also show received date of application as 12/21/2016

I am also showing this information as have noticed there is some confusion happening based on the information being plugged into the VJ timelines. As what has already been mentioned your NOA1 date is the date that your application was received by the USCIS. That is the date from which the timeline bases the projected adjudication time.

2 minutes ago, Herhorizon said:

Also just to add something to my previous post here and an FYI my last 7 digits of my case number are: 0139234. If you use those last 7 digits and look at the updates that AkesAngel usually posts from the USCIS it will reflect the received date of 12/21/2016. Good luck to all and hope that you will be hearing of your NOA2 approval soon.

I think us poor late december filers will be waiting over 120 days... 

Spoiler

November 11, 2015: Met for the first time
December 13, 2016: I-129F packet sent
December 18, 2016: I-129F delivered to Dallas lockbox
December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 
April 20, 2017: NOA2
May 12, 2017: NVC case number assigned
June 13, 2017: Medical Exam
June 27, 2017: Interview - Approved!
June 30, 2017: CEAC visa status: "Issued"
July 11, 2017: Visa in hand
July 30, 2017: POE in Fort Lauderdale
August 18, 2017: We got married!! ❤️
August 28, 2017: AOS, EAD, AP packets sent,
August 30, 2017: USCIS Received 
September 11, 2017: USCIS Cashed Check 
September 12, 2017: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP
October 3, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS
October 6, 2017: Biometrics 
October 16, 2017: RFE for AP and AOS Returned

October 17, 2017: RFE Recieved by USCIS

February 21, 2018: Congressional Inquiry on EAD

March 9, 2018: EAD routed for Expedited Processing

March 23, 2018 EAD and AP Approval NOA2 received

August 10, 2020 ROC Sent to YSC

August 24, 2020 Packet Received 

Total Days For K-1 Visa In Hand : 211 Days or 6 Months 29 Days 

Total Days From AOS Packet Until NOA1: 16 Days

Total days for AOS packet sent to EAD & AP NOA2: 207 Days

Total Days for AOS NOA1 to EAD & AP NOA2: 190 Days

Total days for AOS packet including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 193 Days

Total Days from AOS NOA1 including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 179 Days

39 minutes ago, dbirdflyshi said:

I think us poor late december filers will be waiting over 120 days... 

I don't think that will be the case. They keep inching towards late december every day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.