bahamamama234

MEGATHREAD- What does a Trump Presidency mean for visas? (merged)

660 posts in this topic

I think I'm one of the fewer people who doesn't freak out about their greencard or the Trump presidency.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

I hope not. :unsure:

He's not :rolleyes: he has to follow protocol.

Stuff (bills, laws, ect) is not just going to pass.

This isn't Cuba or Hitler's Germany.

Is everyone discarding all the other officials that actually do pass laws....

Three branches of government just ignored....

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Trump: ‘I Agree’ With Changing Legal Immigration Away From Family-Based System And Towards Merit-Based System

Trump: I Agree With Changing Legal Immigration Away From Family-Based System And Towards Merit-Based System

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/10/17/trump-i-agree-with-changing-legal-immigration-away-from-family-based-system-and-towards-merit-based-system/

He can agree all he wants but he cant choose who we love or who our family is.

Last i checked his wives did not have PHD.

Unless looking pretty is a degree.

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Ivanka was Slovakian too... Melania Slovenian

He married two immigrants the horror...

People havent read the art of the deal.

The man just did the deal of his life....he has air force one on retainer as of January. Along with cigars and the oval office. Enjoy Mr President. ELECT

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: This is regarding Trumps latest position on same-sex. I would say good news for those doing K-1 who are same same.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/trump-gay-marriage-abortion-supreme-court/index.html

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

with regard to k1 for same sex marriage and trump, once you are legally married the law cannot be reversed, congress does not have the power to do this neither does the president. American law states once a marriage is entered legally it cannot be nullified or reversed. Despite all the panic and hysteria, also if they try to get the Supreme Court to overturn marriage they it will takes years and years, even if the court decide to listen to the arguments. The empty seat on the Supreme Court which is vacant was anti gay, so even if they fill with another anti gay justice it will have little or no effect. Don't worry about anything, and find out the facts away from tv news. Im not a trump supporter for the record, I just wonder for the future of America

Edited by marksmith-manley

After doing a little research, I really don't think that Trump would do too big of a harm to anyone of us, who have a pending I-130, or a NVC case. I think some minor changes are ought to come AFTER January 20, 2017. I also think that he is going to make a better screening of terrorism, which I don't think anyone on here is planning on doing.

Edited by evalili

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

TBoneTX - I didn't get to see 60 Minutes because I'm currently in my spouse's country! Thanks for passing on that <good?> news.

Sukie (really) in Oz

See if this works for you while having fun Down Under: http://www.cbs.com/shows/60_minutes/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

with regard to k1 for same sex marriage and trump, once you are legally married the law cannot be reversed, congress does not have the power to do this neither does the president. American law states once a marriage is entered legally it cannot be nullified or reversed. Despite all the panic and hysteria, also if they try to get the Supreme Court to overturn marriage they it will takes years and years, even if the court decide to listen to the arguments. The empty seat on the Supreme Court which is vacant was anti gay, so even if they fill with another anti gay justice it will have little or no effect. Don't worry about anything, and find out the facts away from tv news. Im not a trump supporter for the record, I just wonder for the future of America

Timeline

So correct . I am from india and my wife is an American .We are also same sex couple already married "legally" in the third country last month :) . Me and my wife was so terrified after watching all this anti-gay new president news . But after reading some positive comments here we have calm down alot . I also watched Trum's latest interview about he being fine with "Same sex marriage" !Thank you every one who supports us and I wish all of us to be with are spouse soon forever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not entirely true. Congress and the President, together, have the power to make or change ANY law they want to. The Supreme Court may nullify that law, but they do, fundamentally, have the power to change or reverse any law, including retroactive changes. At the moment, same sex marriage is protected by the Supreme Court ruling. But all you have to do is to look at abortion rights and voting rights (established by the Supreme Court) to see how individual states then impose their own laws (Vice-President Pence is a "shining" example of trying to gut same sex marriage protections as Governor of Indiana) to chip away at those rights. Yes, there is, currently, only one seat on the Court to be filled, but there are multiple left-leaning seats that could easily become vacant during the next 4 years. As for nullifying or reversing a legally entered marriage, yes it can be done, even today. It's called "annulment" and it can, in certain conditions even under current law, be imposed against the couple without their consent.

No, I'm not saying any of the gloom and doom scenarios are going to definitely happen, and certainly not immediately, but there is legitimate cause for people to be concerned and to make their voice heard if they think the government is going in a direction it shouldn't.

Timeline

Not entirely true. Congress and the President, together, have the power to make or change ANY law they want to. The Supreme Court may nullify that law, but they do, fundamentally, have the power to change or reverse any law, including retroactive changes. At the moment, same sex marriage is protected by the Supreme Court ruling. But all you have to do is to look at abortion rights and voting rights (established by the Supreme Court) to see how individual states then impose their own laws (Vice-President Pence is a "shining" example of trying to gut same sex marriage protections as Governor of Indiana) to chip away at those rights. Yes, there is, currently, only one seat on the Court to be filled, but there are multiple left-leaning seats that could easily become vacant during the next 4 years. As for nullifying or reversing a legally entered marriage, yes it can be done, even today. It's called "annulment" and it can, in certain conditions even under current law, be imposed against the couple without their consent.

No, I'm not saying any of the gloom and doom scenarios are going to definitely happen, and certainly not immediately, but there is legitimate cause for people to be concerned and to make their voice heard if they think the government is going in a direction it shouldn't.

The cause of action for annulment of a voidable marriage in New York State is generally fraud (DRL §140 (e)). There are other arguments; see the Statute. Fraud generally means the intentional deception of the Plaintiff by the Defendant in order to induce the Plaintiff to marry. The misrepresentation must be substantial in nature, and the Plaintiff's consent to the marriage predicated on the Defendants statement. The perpetration of the fraud (prior to the marriage), and the discovery of the fraud (subsequent to the marriage) must be proven by corroboration of a witness or other external proof, even if the Defendant admits guilt (DRL §144). The time limit is three years (not one year). This does not run from the date of the marriage, but the date the fraud was discovered, or could reasonably have been discovered.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys. I read on a website that if I get issued a conditional green card when I enter US and IF Trump decides to freeze GC issuance afterwards, I may not be able to proceed with the condition removal process after 2 years to get a permanent GC. This is just for my information because my 2nd marriage anniversary will be in April 2017 and my PD will be current in sometime January 2017. So what will be the best option for me? Enter US before my 2 yr anniversary and see what happens or wait for a month or 2, enter after April 2017, and pray to God that Trump doesn't do anything drastic in next 6 months? Again, this is just so that I can be prepared and I'm not really familiar with US Laws. Thanks! :D

See point 5.

http://qz.com/834203/what-to-do-before-donald-trump-becomes-us-president-applying-for-visas-green-cards-and-citizenship/

Edited by jeharpatel31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.