1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 12/22/2018 at 1:41 PM, fikotr said:

if the day is coming that you dream about , the ordeal that you are suffering  is sacred.

I normally don't comment on the forums but what you said compelled me to write in this thread. I believe it applies to everyone here waiting for their spouses visa number to become current. Yes the suffrage is sacred. 

I-130 CSC 
PD March 27, 2017
Approved December 21st, 2018. 
Received an approval notice today
We are waiting for the NVC letter now

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
19 hours ago, ZainabAh said:

I-130 CSC 
PD March 27, 2017

Congrats! I told you we could hear sometimes in Dec/Jan. Mine should be soon too. Hopefully approval. As long as NVC F2A doesn't get stuck we should be good.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, igrant said:

Congrats! I told you we could hear sometimes in Dec/Jan. Mine should be soon too. Hopefully approval. As long as NVC F2A doesn't get stuck we should be good.

Hi what is your PD?

Hi folks, Happy New Year!

I have a little bit weird situation. 

I completed all steps at USCIS, today I've got "Case Complete" at NVC, so basically I've done everything and I'm waiting for an interview. 

However, USCIS website still says "Request for Evidence received". I realize, that USCIS website is the worst place to check the status, hence I'm not concerned. But, I'm just wondering is that normal?

I mean, I ran through the whole process, but USCIS still didn't update status on the website. 5 months later. Should I call them?

What do you think?

I-130 Sent : 2017-01-26
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-02-02
I-130 RFE : 2018-09-08
I-130 RFE Sent : 2018-09-13
I-130 Approved : 2018-09-29
NVC Received : 2018-10-30
Case & Invoice Number Assigned : 2018-12-08
AOS and IV Bills Payed: 2018-12-08
AOS and IV Bills Accepted : 2018-12-13
Submit AOS Package Online: 2018-12-15
Submit IV Package Online : 2018-12-17
NVC Case Complete : 2019-01-02
Interview Scheduled 2019-03-19
Interview Date : 2019-04-26
Visa Approved.          2019-04-26
POE :                           2019-05-24
GC Received:                                                                                   2019-07-10

3 hours ago, SC97 said:

Does anyone know if the govt shutdown has any impact on processing times?

Yes it does. Especially as some field offices are closed already.

4 hours ago, TommyCardello said:

Hi folks, Happy New Year!

I have a little bit weird situation. 

I completed all steps at USCIS, today I've got "Case Complete" at NVC, so basically I've done everything and I'm waiting for an interview. 

However, USCIS website still says "Request for Evidence received". I realize, that USCIS website is the worst place to check the status, hence I'm not concerned. But, I'm just wondering is that normal?

I mean, I ran through the whole process, but USCIS still didn't update status on the website. 5 months later. Should I call them?

What do you think?

Happy New Year!

USCIS online database is notoriously outdated and unreliable. There's cases that never even get an update throughout the whole procedure. You are totally fine. There's no use of calling them, they won't do anything about it. And your case is with NVC now anyway, out of USCIS hands. You don't have to deal with them anymore.😊

3 hours ago, SC97 said:

Does anyone know if the govt shutdown has any impact on processing times?

There's an official statement on USCIS website. USCIS is funded by petition fees and the government shutdown doesn't affect the processing. 

The current lapse in annual appropriated funding for the U.S. government does not affect USCIS’s fee-funded activities. Our offices will remain open, and all individuals should attend interviews and appointments as scheduled. USCIS will continue to accept petitions and applications for benefit requests, except as noted below.

Some USCIS programs, however, will either expire or suspend operations, or be otherwise affected, until they receive appropriated funds or are reauthorized by Congress.

Edited by Weebee

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 1/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, Steve Down Under said:

My PD is December 7th 2016, waiting, waiting, waiting, I'm going to be an old man by the time I get the green card. 

Hope they get a move on soon.

My wife is living in Chicago and I am in Australia, it is so hard being apart :( I miss her so much.

Well another year passes, Old Man Time is catching up

old-1507781_640.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Steve Down Under said:

Well another year passes, Old Man Time is catching up

old-1507781_640.jpg

Your time is coming so soon! How long have you been case closed? My PD is feb 13 2017 and we're uploading documents at NVC right now, so I'm a couple months behind you, desperately want to be with my husband in April for his birthday but I have a feeling I may be waiting until May. Good luck :) 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, ZainabAh said:

I-130 CSC 
PD March 27, 2017

Oh you are lucker my pd is 28march 2017 CSC but didnt approve still

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.