1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
10 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

I think I just saw your comment on facebook, was that you asking? I'll answer here anyway, F2A cases are taking 18-22 months on average from what I have seen to be approved. Mine took 20 months. We are still waiting on NVC now! I have seen March being approved but not sure about April, so with you being October 2017 I'd say at LEAST 6 more months before approval.

Edit: I think you need to change your "filed for" information as you say you're LPR at CSC but have the Citizen category down as your filing.

Understood well, thanks for explaining it all. My wife and I are very depressed during this process. Good luck in your case too, hopefully get called to interview as soon as possible. 

I-130 filed: 10/30/2017

PD: 10/30/2017

NOA-1 received (California): 11/07/2017

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
8 minutes ago, keep_up said:

Understood well, thanks for explaining it all. My wife and I are very depressed during this process. Good luck in your case too, hopefully get called to interview as soon as possible. 

Its a long and hard process, totally understand! Just keep communicating with each other and hopefully you can visit each other during the process. I'm hoping for an interview by March at the latest, but we'll see. Have to submit everything to NVC first. Good luck to you and your wife :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

Are visa bulletin same as USCIS? IM confused.

Visa bulletin is for those who have their petitions approved already waiting for visa to be available(that means their cases are waiting at NVC). My siblings are still waiting for petition to be approved at USCIS. They are working on cases from Nov 23, 2016 at California. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, osmosesnew said:

Visa bulletin is for those who have their petitions approved already waiting for visa to be available(that means their cases are waiting at NVC). My siblings are still waiting for petition to be approved at USCIS. They are working on cases from Nov 23, 2016 at California. 

Owkay. For my husbands, we are waiting for his I-130 to be approved. So once it approved, ill be looking at visa bulletin then?

23 hours ago, osmosesnew said:

Any one seen this response before. Submitted two service requests already with same answer given each time. Mum filed for my siblings. Two of them PD Nov 7, 2016.

The status of this service request is:

On 11/11/2018, you contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about your I-130 because you believe your case is outside normal processing times. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved

Thank you for your inquiry. We recognize your interest in a final adjudication on your pending petition/application and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. Relevant components within USCIS are working together to resolve certain policy questions as they relate to your case. Once written guidance is issued, you will receive a follow up notice. Thank you for your patience.

I personally haven’t received such a response , but my friends did , after which they’ve got an RFE , asking to add some documents they needed. Another friend after same response got RFE as well , asking to renew medical exam . But those weren’t I-130 cases, so may be yours would be different  and they will figure it out themselves. At least you’ve got a response that they are doing something .

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, KatenkaMishka said:

I personally haven’t received such a response , but my friends did , after which they’ve got an RFE , asking to add some documents they needed. Another friend after same response got RFE as well , asking to renew medical exam . But those weren’t I-130 cases, so may be yours would be different  and they will figure it out themselves. At least you’ve got a response that they are doing something .

Thank you.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys, does anybody know how long it takes these days to get the EAD (work permit or employment authorization document) ? I applied in sep 09 got an apointement for fingerprints oct 12. Do you know when should I expect to get the EAD by mail ? 

4 hours ago, mizo said:

Hi guys, does anybody know how long it takes these days to get the EAD (work permit or employment authorization document) ? I applied in sep 09 got an apointement for fingerprints oct 12. Do you know when should I expect to get the EAD by mail ? 

From what I have read it is taking about 4 to 6 months for EAD to arrive. Do youhave your I130 approved already? Keep posted.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, BBK28jan said:

From what I have read it is taking about 4 to 6 months for EAD to arrive. Do youhave your I130 approved already? Keep posted.

Pd dec 28 2016 and I haven’t had any approval yet. Everytime I call them they tell me the same thing. They are still working on sep/nov cases. so no approvals yet 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, mizo said:

Pd dec 28 2016 and I haven’t had any approval yet. Everytime I call them they tell me the same thing. They are still working on sep/nov cases. so no approvals yet 

I thought they work on cases in order of priority dates... how is it that they never got to yours yet but are already approving February 2017?

20 hours ago, mizo said:

Took 3.5 months for me, PD is July 3d, received EAD/advance parole on October 15th.

Hi guys!

Any updates on March 2017? My PD for my husband is March 27, 2017. I really hope this doesn't stretch all the way to 24.5 months for anyone. I'm Really anxious now!

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.