goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I am an October filer! I just figured I didn't have much to post since they just received my case about a month ago...I have a priority date of October 14. It seems like I'm an oddball though- mine was forwarded to Potomac.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I am an October filer! I just figured I didn't have much to post since they just received my case about a month ago...I have a priority date of October 14. It seems like I'm an oddball though- mine was forwarded to Potomac.

It really depends. Mostly F2A cases are forwarded to California service center but for US citizens, depends on workload

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys -- I filed in September, but just checking in to see how you're all doing.

If you are waiting for an NOA2 still - I prepared a guide for while you are waiting that I posted in my group here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/608358-september-2016-i-130-filers/?p=8327482

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

That's a cool guide.

Is it just me or is the DS-260 basically identical to the I-130? They could replace both with a single web form that allows document uploads, and a database link between USCIS and the DOS.

Filed in Oct 14, its been 1 month and a 7 days now...the wait is so hard...hows everyone else doing

Hi Ruby

I filed Oct 31, of course my case went to Nebraska. I made my profile at USCIS but i am not checking anything. I'm going to see my husband on Thanksgiving so im focusing on that and getting more evidence for our relationship!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The wait is terrible. We are staying focused that each day is one more day in the right direction. We are also starting to research and get our things together for the NVC which helps us stay energetic and motivated towards the entire thing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wanted to update. We received his biometrics notice on Saturday the 19th. His appointment is November 28th. Is this considered NOA 2? I'm asking because I don't see a space for it on the timeline.

We also got a notice that we didn't submit form I-693 and that it would be required at the interview if we have one or we'll get an RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wanted to update. We received his biometrics notice on Saturday the 19th. His appointment is November 28th. Is this considered NOA 2? I'm asking because I don't see a space for it on the timeline.

We also got a notice that we didn't submit form I-693 and that it would be required at the interview if we have one or we'll get an RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

The wait is not fun. My husband and I have been married now for two years, and we have been long distance since then. And now we are finally taking steps to be together! :) I will be seeing him shortly, as I will be visiting him during December. Focusing on one day at a time, meditation, and concentrating on actions you can take will help you focus on what you are doing on a daily basis will help you feel as though you are making progress to the final end goal. Take care, and hope all is well! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you here on VJ and of course wish you all the best of luck, this is an amazing site!

I am the beneficiary and we have also filed our spousal VISA here in October..I don't think I could have imagine me how stressful this whole thing would be until now...puhhh..and the waiting game has just started..oh dear... :wub:

I have been over here in the U.S to visit my husband for almost 2,5 month's and I'll leave next week... :cry2: .and I am so thankful for this time but still it does not feel good in any way...well, I am sure all of you know about that feeling..huh? Yes, let's stay focused and concentrate on the things we are able to control and make the best of this journey. :)

Take care and have a great day!

Edited by RB&CB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Heloo everyone and welcome new October filers.

My husband fell and broke his elbow last week. Up to now he has not been able to find a trustworthy doctor. He has very bad swelling, pus coming from a small wound and fever at night.

Finding safe and good medical care is not easy in our country (Uganda). Please keep him in your prayers and please be thankful if medical care is easily accessed by you and your loved ones.

This is an extremely stressful time for us and exactly why we are so eager to get our CR Visa as soon as possible.

Please do keep him in your prayers.

Hi everyone. Just wanna share guys, so my PD is Oct 12 and Yesterday, Nov. 28, we got approved! Thank God! I know how hard it is to wait and guess what is really happening so hold on guys. I hope all of you get your approval any time soon. Godbless everyone

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

@vantine2603,how did they approve ur case so quickly?may be it was a mistake,as u know Nebraska service center takes a long time to approve cases.My PD is 10/11,but my status says "CASE RECEIVED" can u explain please?may be it says case received and not approved .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.