goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The next mystery is whether, as overseas filers, we qualify for automatic expedited processing. We're also Nebraska.

なんでやねん

My fingers are crossed, but if the other threads are any indication, Nebraska doesn't have a history of auto-expediting petitions filed overseas.

What is your notice date? Please keep us posted about your progress. 頑張りましょう!

Welcome Vantine, and congrats on getting the process started!

I was also sent to Nebraska. There is a thread called "All Nebraska I-130 Filers". I suggest you also join that conversation. The average time for Nebraska is 5-6 months until you get the NOA-2, about one more month for them to forward you, and then it depends on your consulate how long it will be to get an interview.

Good luck and may we all be blessed with speedy processing.

Welcome Vantine, and congrats on getting the process started!

I was also sent to Nebraska. There is a thread called "All Nebraska I-130 Filers". I suggest you also join that conversation. The average time for Nebraska is 5-6 months until you get the NOA-2, about one more month for them to forward you, and then it depends on your consulate how long it will be to get an interview.

Good luck and may we all be blessed with speedy processing.

Hi goobies, thanks for the info. But, upon checking on January 2016 I-130 filers, they got the NOA2 after 3 mos. so hopefully we get ours too after 3 mos. I am hoping they speed up the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi goobies, thanks for the info. But, upon checking on January 2016 I-130 filers, they got the NOA2 after 3 mos. so hopefully we get ours too after 3 mos. I am hoping they speed up the process.

That is encouraging news! Let us all hope for the best.

Thank you for sharing the time range.

Timeline

Unfortunately it still says Nebraska...

Haha, I don't think that's going away anytime... I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude i guess and be prepared for the next step.

Timeline

How is everyone holding up?

Are any of you using the USCIS Updates app?

Which app do you use? I see a few in the App Store.

I'm trying not to check too much, for my own sanity. I will probably try to call customer service to just check in and see what's up this week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Which app do you use? I see a few in the App Store.

I'm trying not to check too much, for my own sanity. I will probably try to call customer service to just check in and see what's up this week.

It is called "USCIS Case Status" by Spinach Mobile LLC

What information can customer service give out? Are they able to tell us if they have started or what part they are on?

Edited by goobies

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi all,

I was going to send out the I 130 package today, forgot it in the morning rush :cry::clock:

If I send it out tomorrow (Friday) overnight, do you think will they have it for October, as they will probably receive it Monday Oct 31?

Does it make a difference if they receive it for November as far as processing times?

Sorry if I seem clueless, probably because I am.....!

Elle

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

I was going to send out the I 130 package today, forgot it in the morning rush :cry::clock:

If I send it out tomorrow (Friday) overnight, do you think will they have it for October, as they will probably receive it Monday Oct 31?

Does it make a difference if they receive it for November as far as processing times?

Sorry if I seem clueless, probably because I am.....!

Elle

Hi,

Whether your petition is received in October or November won't affect the processing time. As far as I know it's first come first serve. (Unless if there is red flags in your petition, whuch in that case petitions usually take longer to be processed)

How long you will have to wait will depend to which center your petition is forwarded.

Good luck on your journey.

I sent out my husband l 130 on October 12 and got a notice of action on October 14, 2016. It's been sent to Nebraska. Hoping this goes fast, been reading and researching on this site since I sent out my petition. Glad to join you all on this journey.

How awesome to hear there is a great community of people thats doing the I-130 petition in October! Im bringing my wife to the US, she is from Honduras. I sent my first package on the 26th of October. I got my official receipt notice on the 31st of October, our case is in the Nebraska Service Center! I really hope I hear something soon, Im planning on expediting our case since the country she lives is in very dangerous! Hope everyone does great!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.