Dodong and Inday

Case has reached Embassy but I need to cancel

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok, this is an embarrassing question. Long story short, I was duped. Basically, the K-1 from NVC left for Manila a day before I flew out to visit my fiancée. About 36 hours after getting here, I learn that I am not "the only one" and I haven't been since probably day one.

I am sure the case has reached the embassy either yesterday or will today.....

What do I do to halt the proceedings?

Does this affect my ability to file a future K-1 in the future? (low on my list of concerns, but it did creep in)

Oh and any advice on how to come to grips with the fact that a significant portion of the last 18 months of your life was a lie would be pretty helpful too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Contact the embassy and notify them of this information, they should basically reject or return the application for the K-1.

I can't express how bad it must be to find out that way....

As to any future K-1 applications, this should not affect your potential re-applying. You can reapply later on without issue especially because this one was never actually "completed"; but yea... sorry to hear that type of news again..

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Timeline

Contact NVC and the Embassy. You may have to follow up in writing. Ask them what you need to do. As far as 18 months of lies. Sighhh... that's going to need some serious time to think through and so on. You did your part. My own personal experience is I had married a woman a long time ago and I thought she was a wonderful person and so on. Lot's of good moments, some not so good. Then the mask came off and I was dealing with a Borderline/Histrionic Personality disorder situation. She found a victim, married him and then after a while he lies about who she was as a person were exposed. It's taken years to get over that. I would say it's time to get some counseling or a support group, have a beer or 10. Learn from the experience. See if you can hind sight spot the signs that may have told you that something else was going on. Truly sorry you had to go through this.

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I know I have not submitted the Affadavit of Support nor does she have the 2nd letter of intent to marry. So I am reasonably certain it couldn't go through anyway, but I want to make sure I clear my name so to speak and not have something hanging out there should the real thing come along in the future.

Thank for your replies and support.

Email the embassy (with your case number and beneficiary info - DOB, name) and let them know you're withdrawing your petition for reason X.

Also send a letter to USCIS referencing your case number to withdraw your petition. You'll find address for USCIS on your NOA2 approval notice.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Email the embassy (with your case number and beneficiary info - DOB, name) and let them know you're withdrawing your petition for reason X.

Also send a letter to USCIS referencing your case number to withdraw your petition. You'll find address for USCIS on your NOA2 approval notice.

Yes, I was finally able to get through to the embassy and they gave me an email address and instructions to send essentially the same information you just suggested. I have done that now.

I didn't realize I should contact USCIS since the case had progressed past them. Would that be just to clear up the "K" filing so that it won't muddy the water should I choose to pursue a "K" VISA in the future?

No it won't I sent he to both.

And I refilled with in two years....just need an Imbra waiver for multiple k1 approvals if you choose to re apply.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oh and any advice on how to come to grips with the fact that a significant portion of the last 18 months of your life was a lie would be pretty helpful too.

I think realizing that sometimes poverty (and I'm making an assumption which might be wrong in your case) makes people put survival before some of the moral standards that the rest of us have the luxury of having. Pity her for having a life concerned with just survival and not getting to know how nice of a life full of love she could have had with you. She's the one missing out. Don't focus on the past and just breathe a sigh of relief that you didn't end up marrying her or having children with her.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think realizing that sometimes poverty (and I'm making an assumption which might be wrong in your case) makes people put survival before some of the moral standards that the rest of us have the luxury of having. Pity her for having a life concerned with just survival and not getting to know how nice of a life full of love she could have had with you. She's the one missing out. Don't focus on the past and just breathe a sigh of relief that you didn't end up marrying her or having children with her.

I don't think "poverty" should be used as justification for this. That will be saying that poor people have no dignity.

Some people have done worse without poverty in the picture.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Timeline

I don't think "poverty" should be used as justification for this. That will be saying that poor people have no dignity.

Yes I agree with this. Money or lack thereof has no bearing on this situation. Just because you're poor doesn't mean you have to be immoral and unethical.

Timeline

Does this affect my ability to file a future K-1 in the future? (low on my list of concerns, but it did creep in)

It shouldn't as long as you notify USCIS what happened. Make sure you mention that you were indeed duped by your ex. Mention her name. It's basically fraud and I hope her plans of trying to get a visa with someone else will be affected by what she's done to you.

And like what most everyone said before, it's good that at least you found out a little sooner (though still sucks how you had to find out about it). But put your chin up and move forward. You didn't do anything wrong. You loved and was sincere. It was her loss.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes I agree with this. Money or lack thereof has no bearing on this situation. Just because you're poor doesn't mean you have to be immoral and unethical.

Anyone who would make that generalization out of what I wrote didn't correctly comprehend it. It is something that he needs to understand to move past the anger and bitterness, not a sweeping generalization of poverty.

:bonk:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

As OP I appreciate the answers and the support. This is however, still raw, and for wiser or dumber, although hurt and angry, I still care about this woman. I don't know why she did what she did, fraud, fear, cold feet, just found someone else because of distance and didn't know how to tell me....there are a myriad of possibilities.

Maybe, I had something to do with it - not saying I did - but hey, sometimes guys can say or do stupid things that hurt the women they love and not even know it. Tina was not the type that would ever admit to being hurt so it is possible I did something that festered and grew into her acting stupidly and then everything just went wrong.

I don't know because she won't respond to any communication attempts. But I am asking that everyone not trash her publicly.

I know it is all well meaning and a show of support, but please don't anymore.

thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.