Yahudi

DV won but i have no address for my Green Card delivery :/

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Macedonia
Timeline

No one is going to physically check the address, put down a hotel address. If it makes you feel better choose an extended stay hotel where you can easily say that you'll stay there a few months while looking for a job and apartment, etc. You could also try what someone else suggested, contact a Macedonian cultural organization or church or something and see if they'll help out.

Incidentally it is actually fairly unusual for a DV winner to know absolutely no one in the US, but when it happens like in your case most people put a hotel.

Correct, but the embassy said not to put a hotel address, and i can't really give an oath before the interview while feeling as i lied during it, if you know what i mean, I wouldn't want to be in an uncomfortable situation.

I have contacted a few people, trust me but the level of unawareness on the lottery makes them resign even if they accept to get the GC's mailed to them, which is why i felt people on here are more aware and have been in some type of immigration obstacles that they've sook help here at least once, and i felt people that check the Q's here would usually feel like helping someone out, and it's not like i'm asking for a big deal except get something mailed to them, which they'll see its USCIS sealed and not a whatever someone said few replies before me.

This address should work :)

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

??????? I'm curious how ur a trolling him tho

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Go to a UPS store and get a mailbox with them. They have an actual mailing address instead of a P.O. Box. We've used them before with no issues. Plus they have 24 hour access to your mailbox.

Also, the hotel address I think may only be an issue if you put the name of the hotel on there too, they have a street address - some even have an actual mailbox. If in the end you go with a hotel don't forget to ask at the desk first if you can receive mail there. You wouldn't want to have anything sent and it got returned cause the receptionist didn't recognise your name.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Maybe I'm confused, but doesn't a DV lottery winner need a sponsor? Then the GC gets mailed to the sponsor's address. My hubby's cousin was a DV lottery winner and he lived with his sponsor until he got on his feet and on his own with a job and apartment.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Timeline

Maybe I'm confused, but doesn't a DV lottery winner need a sponsor? Then the GC gets mailed to the sponsor's address. My hubby's cousin was a DV lottery winner and he lived with his sponsor until he got on his feet and on his own with a job and apartment.

i asked the embassy about that also, a sponsor is if you don't have any financial capability to stand on your own feet until you start providing finances for yourself, they said 10,000$ per person is enough.

I have a question i found a person in virginia, he's going to be my 'sponsor' , my question is can i just land in virginia where my 'sponsor' is pay the GC fees, and take a next plane from the same airport right to my final destination in florida? Or that thing would be impossible having the temporaral visa and just as i've landed in virginia? i know i can change the address after i land but can i change the address to florida later? I'm just unaware because i don't want to stay in virginia, it would be a torture not being where you want to be, if you know what i mean

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello, i won the Diversity Visa as a beneficiary since my parent was the winning applicant, but i don't have an address to get our Green Cards delivered to , because we don't have anyone in the US. We want to reside in Florida, near Miami, this is a forum where some of us have experienced similar issues, so i hope that someone would share their address and could hand the green cards to me. The place we want to reside to is Florida and around Miami, if someone would share their address and write as a welcoming letter, so it wouldn't look as i randomly came up with the address it would be very appreciated, because we really have no one.Other states might be considered if no one comes up in Florida, but since we're short of money we prefer the address to be in Florida, Thank you !!

Winning the lottery involves so many steps. It just not winning and them giving you a green card. You need so much steps and I suggest you start reading on what to do next. Trust me you need more than a strangers address so they can hand you green card later. Look here I hope someone else refer you to a thread here about the steps because I don't know where to find it. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you have a sponsor, why not use his or her address?

When you get to the US, no one cares where you live just make sure you can get your GC.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

How much are you paying this "sponsor"?

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Timeline

How much are you paying this "sponsor"?

crazy ^ , im not paying anything , it's someone i know that i met online but i thought he wasn't willing to help me out. You know i don't even like the US if i start telling you how i ended up playing this lottery..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.