AchrafMira1

k1- i-129f NVC Haven't Received My Case Yet!! (merged threads)

141 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Why would they keep doing background checks at USCIS when the petition is already approved though?

Like i said before, they run the show and what they tell you is probably just a 1/10 of what its really going on, they will never give you any details. it is not black and white with the USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

MR Detroit

tell me where are the 90 days coming from?

is it on the website or on the approved physical letter?

don't you think they should be more accurate about timing?

i know they don't work for me nor for you, why I'm i suppose to wait 90 days for a ready approved file to be mailed out?

they requested REF From me before and i submitted all the required documents they asked me for. and that was another 30 days delay.

background check? i would wait for that. but at least let them tell me what is going on and i shall be super patient and just wait.........

How is it even acceptable for that part to take 3 months when the approval is only valid for 4? Who came up with that brilliant logic?

The approval is good for one year. Your Embassy will extend it automatically in 4 month increments. You have a total of 1 year to be interviewed at your Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The approval is good for one year. Your Embassy will extend it automatically in 4 month increments. You have a total of 1 year to be interviewed at your Embassy.

I sure hope they do it automatically. But if it'll take that long for USCIS to send the approval to NVC I bet the approval has already expired by the time it reaches the embassy - which I hope won't be an issue then..

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You must understand that the time they give you is relative, they dont work for you, they dont owe you any thing and they run show. Calling everyday will not help. They will run all time of background checks specially coming from a middle eastern country.

correct and incorrect, they do work for us, all of us pay for their salary, they do run the show and i like to think they do the best they can, an accurate time frame should be the least they can do to calm people, not giving the run around going back and forth. It is not about owing, its about doing the job they are paid to do with our tax money, government officials work for their citizens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all, I have been quietly keeping an eye on this thread. We received our NOA2 June 20th. I know it is stressful and sometimes it felt like it would never come but for those late April filers who are still waiting, hang in there it will come.

I am hoping we can keep tabs on who manages to get their Case and invoice # from the NVC. It is a whole new frustration with all of that now. After waiting for so long for approval of the I-129F, it is said that it moves fast after that but, it doesn't seem to move at all. I understood it normally took around 2 weeks to be able to call the NVC and get your number but when I call, they say it could take 6 weeks. So much for moving fast.. Anyway, can everyone who got their approval keep us posted on any progress with the NVC? Has anyone approved in April manage to get their number yet? thanks all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all, I have been quietly keeping an eye on this thread. We received our NOA2 June 20th. I know it is stressful and sometimes it felt like it would never come but for those late April filers who are still waiting, hang in there it will come.

I am hoping we can keep tabs on who manages to get their Case and invoice # from the NVC. It is a whole new frustration with all of that now. After waiting for so long for approval of the I-129F, it is said that it moves fast after that but, it doesn't seem to move at all. I understood it normally took around 2 weeks to be able to call the NVC and get your number but when I call, they say it could take 6 weeks. So much for moving fast.. Anyway, can everyone who got their approval keep us posted on any progress with the NVC? Has anyone approved in April manage to get their number yet? thanks all.

Hey, according to april fillers topic, nobody from april have received NVC number yet (that we know of). April fillers started getting approvals on June 16, so you are one of the first ones. I got mine June 21. From what I've seen, february fillers got their NVC numbers after 2-3 weeks, but for march fillers time is increasing from 3 to 4 or 5 weeks. Most of this 4 week timeframe is from NOA2's approved in June.

I will wait until next week (Friday 15) to call maybe give them around 24 days because I don't wanna get negatives over and over again. If you get something before please let us know.

:star: K1 Timeline :star:

I-129F Sent : Apr 01, 2016

I-129F Received : Apr 06, 2016

I-129F NOA1 : Apr 08, 2016

I-129F NOA2 : Jun 21, 2016

NVC received : Jul 15, 2016

NVC case number : Jul 15, 2016

NVC left : Jul 19, 2016

Consulate ready : Jul 20, 2016

Interview : Aug 11, 2016

Visa issued: Aug 15, 2016

Visa in hand: Aug 17, 2016

POE: Aug 20, 2016

Wedding: Sep 15, 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It doesn't matter when people filed, what matters is the date they were approved.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Hello guys again.

I Called The NVC Yesterday AND They told me to scan A Copy of My Approval and send it to nvcresearch @state.gov

Let the wait Began Now... No time frame on how long it might take for them to search things around and get back to me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hello guys again.

I Called The NVC Yesterday AND They told me to scan A Copy of My Approval and send it to nvcresearch @state.gov

Let the wait Began Now... No time frame on how long it might take for them to search things around and get back to me.

Maybe I'll do the same since I've gotten no updates either and USCIS is no help and telling me "it doesn't show it's been sent yet we can't give a date nothing is showing up , give us 90 days"

This wait seems longer than the approval even tho it actually isnt(mine took 5 months) but it was supposed to move much faster at this point and the delay makes it seem so much longer.

Good luck keep us posted as will I

Timeline

i think you should allow 6 Weeks before you you e-mail them with scan of your approval notice.

but go ahead and do it lol

it wont hurt.

good luck and yes ill keep ya'll posted as well.

Timeline

I received this e-mail today.

perhaps my case will be on hold for a while

Regrettably, your case does not meet USCIS guidelines for expedited processing at this time. This is due to a temporary hold having been placed until all required security checks are resolved. Such measures are mandatory for all petitions, irrespective of the benefit sought.

Please note that USCIS recognizes the difficulties caused by such processing delays, as well as the unpleasant circumstances under which the beneficiary now resides.

However, very effort will be made to render a final decision in your case just as soon as all checks are concluded.

In the meantime, your continued patience is very much appreciated.

What You Can Do
Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the near future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Is that the answer you got for your NVC research mail?

I don't understand why your approved case has to go through more security checks? I thought they do that before they approve the case?

Edited by Lillyandkip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.