RN1234

K1 denied and humanitarian denied x2 .need help please!!

72 posts in this topic

OP,

There may be some tough responses to your post but it has to be said. You are making it a double standard. A vast majority of us would make the move to our loved one's country.I don't know if you are looking for a reason not to feel bad about not wanting to make the same sacrifice as your husband was willing to, but it seems like your mind is set.

Also, I kind of get the feeling that you already know that a decision not to move to him is a selfish one on your part. But it is your decision; not ours.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I think that you're looking for affirmation that digging in your heels and not moving is the right choice.

If you really, truly love this man I believe for you and your daughters sake you'll move for him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Not sure why you dislike the UK so badly. It's not actually terrible. Visiting somewhere always has the novelty effect, maybe you need to visit some other parts? Spend longer than a visit too. Everywhere has its good and bad but you never know if you don't look.

In short, if you genuinely don't want to go then don't. You don't have any other options at this point in time but for goodness sake, stop blaming the poor man who has tried his hardest to give up everything for you, to be with you. Most of us here have or are in the process of doing what that man tried to do. Try looking at things from his perspective, you already know how you feel but try acknowledging how he does.

event.png

Thats a great point you dont need to learn a new language....so many people come here and dont speak english and have different customs to be with there loved ones....i hope however you do whats best for you moving in haste to only have to move back may not be good for your child....good luck to you ?

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

OP: You have a valid visa to enter into the UK. This is a visa you are lucky and privileged to obtain, but it is part of a larger process that will take years for you to remain in the UK. When you do so and finish the process, you can remain in whatever country of your choosing. You are asking would we be willing to remain forever in the UK with our husbands/wives if we had your opportunity? Yes, without question.

Love him or don't love him. Move or don't move. If not - I suspect legal, custody, and monetary support issues regarding the child would then have to thought about and worked out in the court system.

If you are asking someone here to instruct you on something that is illegal, no one here can do so. It is against this forum's rules and is disrespectful to those who have entered this country legally or have chosen to make sacrifices for the person they love.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Timeline

Firstly I wasn't looking for any tips on how to come to America illegally. I just wanted to know if people on this website have gotten the parole in place.

Secondly, I really don't like the UK, no offense to the British people but I absolutely hate it. I won't go into detail why, but I do. I don't get the feeling of home there, it's too different and it's just so foreign. I don't want to offend British people so I rather not talk about it. Let's just say it's very backwards.

Thirdly, I do love my husband but due to all the years apart and immigration drama, I did build up a lot of anger towards him, I can't seem to let the pain go. Even when I am with him im angry and I don't even want to talk sometimes because I'm pissed off all the time with him. I went through a lot by having to raise my child alone and work full time and do literally everything by myself!!

I know most if not all of you would get up and move but it's easier said than done.

I have a life, an amazing career that I have always wanted, its so hard for me to move, the only reason I would do this is for my child. I will give it a shot and hopefully things work out. I hate hate hate having to leave my home.

But if it does not work out then I want my child to know that I tried for her sake. I rather loose it all for my child then not ever have tried at all.

Firstly I wasn't looking for any tips on how to come to America illegally. I just wanted to know if people on this website have gotten the parole in place.

Secondly, I really don't like the UK, no offense to the British people but I absolutely hate it. I won't go into detail why, but I do. I don't get the feeling of home there, it's too different and it's just so foreign. I don't want to offend British people so I rather not talk about it. Let's just say it's very backwards.

Thirdly, I do love my husband but due to all the years apart and immigration drama, I did build up a lot of anger towards him, I can't seem to let the pain go. Even when I am with him im angry and I don't even want to talk sometimes because I'm pissed off all the time with him. I went through a lot by having to raise my child alone and work full time and do literally everything by myself!!

I know most if not all of you would get up and move but it's easier said than done.

I have a life, an amazing career that I have always wanted, its so hard for me to move, the only reason I would do this is for my child. I will give it a shot and hopefully things work out. I hate hate hate having to leave my home.

But if it does not work out then I want my child to know that I tried for her sake. I rather loose it all for my child then not ever have tried at all.

Honestly no judging as a parent you would do her worse than good to go. Because you hate it so much and your so put off by it. Children know and sense these things if you have a career you love and you love America stay home....

In order for that type of change to even work you would need to be 100% on board and even then it would be hard.

I am sorry for all this hapening to your family but going with that disposition is not gonna work for you.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

To get parole in place, he would have to GET here illegally. Whether others have or not, that won't work in your situation.

You hate it. I get it. All you can do then is divorce and move on.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you do what you have to do if you really love him and want to be with him

he doesn't qualify for parole in place, this is for immediate family members of active or inactive duty military members who entered illegally in the country, and their only problem was entering the country illegally

and they only have to have illegal presence, meaning only entered illegally in the US, not what your husband has been denied for

if he didn't qualify to get the GC in his country, why would he be able to adjust status in the US?

if he doesn't qualify over there, he doesn't qualify over here either

My dad always pushed to teach us that moving wasn't so bad, and felt it was an important life lesson to impart. Because you never know when you will have to move. I now understand how important that lesson was...

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is basically a repeat of the thread 2 years ago when OP said she would not move out of her State

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you all for all of your advice. I have not responded because I kept getting bad news and it has been brining me down.

Final 2 questions:

1. My spouse due to all the rejections from the US has pretty much lost all hope and desire to come to the US now and now that I have been granted this uk spouse visa he pretty much wants me to come live in the uk forever!! Now that's a pretty hard pill for me to swallow.

I know I could handle a few years but forever is harsh!! So if you guys had to move forever what would you do??

2. Sorry one last thing: does anyone know of something called parole in place? It's for those that are in the military and come here illegally. Does anyone know if my husband would be granted parole in place? (Maybe I should ask this question in the military section)

1. Yes. And I did when I first moved here as a student (mostly to be with my now ex who then has gone crazy and turned out to be abusive bipolar maniac).

Now my husband is moving to the US for me. He is leaving a good job he enjoys, he is a vet and to obtain a license for a foreigner in the US is extremely hard and expensive, takes 2-3 years and close to $15K, and before he can even start, he needs to conquer his own country's system, hostile to the US now. He is leaving all his friends and his entire family, including a brother who would never be able to visit US. He will be forced to literally flip burgers for the first few months until his English improves and he can find a better job. Still before the license he'll make half as much as I do now. He never wanted to move, he never liked America, but he loves me enough to do it, and I will always remember it and every time I am ever in doubt about his love and commitment to me, I will just look at his green card. We have been apart for almost 5 years, during which I worked full time and took care of the house on my own, and since I am an immigrant myself, I am completely alone here, not even friends close enough to listen to my rants or cries all this time.

I have an option to move back to my husband's and my home country, but my job is extremely specific, and only places I'd be able to work in Russia are in Siberia, where we both would have to start our lives over at the same time. We chose to have one life started over to reduce stress.

So... yeah. wrong target group here on VJ.

You built resentment and anger? See a therapist, they help with these things. If you really want to be with him, you move, you file waivers even if they will get denied, file petitions and try to adjust the charges. You see a therapist and talk to your husband over and over and over again. You get rid of your double standards. You do _EVERYTHING_ humanly possible to keep your family together.

As many people said, you are stuck in your idea not to move. You consider yourself entitled to convenience and it's your husband who needs to give it all up, even though you have good prospects in the UK.

And finally, before you proceed with any further immigration steps, go see a therapist for your own sake. You know they are usually at least 50% covered by US crappy insurances.

My immigration journey

July 2009 - F1 student PhD program

AOS
June 2010 - married USC

August 2010 - sent I-130 and I-485

December 2010 - CGC received.
December 2010 - ex-husband got crazy
May 2011 - separated
November 2012 - divorced!!

I-751 waiver

October 13 - filed I-751 waiver by myself
November 28 - BIO & InfoPass to submit a divorce decree

December 2012 - CGC expires

May 3 2013 - RFE received, asked for a divorce decree (haha) and address clarification + more evidence

July 6 2013 - RFE mailed and received

September 2013 - InfoPass, passport stamped to extend my status

November 2013 - Finally an interview is scheduled
December 12 2013 - Interview. Approved without any questions, passport stamped. Same officer who did my initial interview (I was told "I saw it coming, don't give up on love" :) )

December 27 2013 - Card received, too bad I was overseas

January 2014 US entry, special screening, but admitted instantly once I got to speak to the officer. It's a standard procedure if no valid GC on hand.

July 2015 - MARRIED in Russia

N-400

October 2015 - N-400 sent

February 2016 - interview and test

March 2015: USC!

DCF for my husband

April 2016: InfoPass to file I-130 in Moscow, approved on the same day.

May 2016: DS-260 interview - AP for "dangerous" work field

July 2016: visa issued! 59 days in AP.

May 2018: filed I-751 

June 2018: 18 months extension received

I traveled all over the world in the meantime, no problems with visas and entries, occasionally some explaining and more documents to haul around.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.