63 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. Good day! I have some concerns and I need a guide/ help. Me and my son came to the US (K1/K2) last May 31, 2015 and I get married to a US AMERICAN last July, 2015. My problem is this. After our married, my husband talked and tell me frankly that the reason he marry me is for sex only. Nothing more. So If I cannot give him the sexual desire that he wanted, he won't support me financially and me and my son won't received any single cents from him. We had sex but he is not satisfied and he demands more and more and he likes it like whole day everyday. I feel disappointed to him because I felt I'm just like a sex machine to him. And then many times I caught him going out and look for a hooker and he pay money for sex and he admit that to me also. I cannot do nothing when we are in the US that time, so he continue looking for a hooker. He doesn't support me financially when me and my son stayed there in US for 11 months.

That time, I don't have yet PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and EAD so I won't able to work and support myself and my son. I just only received that 1 month before we go vacation in the Philippines.

Now we are here in the Philippines for a vacation. My husband talked to me that he doesn't care anymore If me and my son won't go back to US anymore. He plan going back to US next month just by himself only so me and my son will be left here in Philippines. In this case, what shall I do? What gonna happen to our status If me and my son won't go back to US? OUR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD is valid until 03/07/18 and OUR EAD/ ADVANCE PAROLE is VALID UNTIL 11/11/16.

Please I need some help so I know what shall I do what step shall I need to do. Thanks in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. Good day! I have some concerns and I need a guide/ help. Me and my son came to the US (K1/K2) last May 31, 2015 and I get married to a US AMERICAN last July, 2015. My problem is this. After our married, my husband talked and tell me frankly that the reason he marry me is for sex only. Nothing more. So If I cannot give him the sexual desire that he wanted, he won't support me financially and me and my son won't received any single cents from him. We had sex but he is not satisfied and he demands more and more and he likes it like whole day everyday. I feel disappointed to him because I felt I'm just like a sex machine to him. And then many times I caught him going out and look for a hooker and he pay money for sex and he admit that to me also. I cannot do nothing when we are in the US that time, so he continue looking for a hooker. He doesn't support me financially when me and my son stayed there in US for 11 months.

That time, I don't have yet PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD and EAD so I won't able to work and support myself and my son. I just only received that 1 month before we go vacation in the Philippines.

Now we are here in the Philippines for a vacation. My husband talked to me that he doesn't care anymore If me and my son won't go back to US anymore. He plan going back to US next month just by himself only so me and my son will be left here in Philippines. In this case, what shall I do? What gonna happen to our status If me and my son won't go back to US? OUR PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD is valid until 03/07/18 and OUR EAD/ ADVANCE PAROLE is VALID UNTIL 11/11/16.

Please I need some help so I know what shall I do what step shall I need to do. Thanks in advance!

If you can't work and support yourself and your son what are you planning on doing? Who do you plan on having support you?

If all you have in the US is yourself and your son....why wouldn't you want to stay in the Philipines?

You said he wants sex every day all day more and more....doesn't he work?

Why would you even entertain the thought of coming back to the US with someone like that...if that is how he is? Do you have family in the Philipines? If so divorce him and stay in your country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That is the big question.
​Why do you want to return to the US?

​You have family, your son.........and knowledge of the fact that the marriage didn't work out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Divorce

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I don't think OP is asking what happens if she goes back to the US. I don't think she stated that she wanted to go back with him either, I believe she's asking what will happen if she doesn't go back to the US, as far as immigration status.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to be an ###, but does it matter?
​Her purpose was to be married. The marriage didn't work out.

If she can support herself, then great. But apparently it didn't, so she should look after her son and herself, and what is best for them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If they are not going back, as seems likely, they should surrender their GC's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Not to be an ###, but does it matter?

​Her purpose was to be married. The marriage didn't work out.

If she can support herself, then great. But apparently it didn't, so she should look after her son and herself, and what is best for them.

Apparently to her it does, she asked the question. Lol

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

OP: Get a divorce. Stay in the Philippines where you have friends and family and get back on your feet.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Divorce in the Philippines is impossible. She can have the marriage annulled but she can't get divorced unless the USC starts the proceedings from the USA.

As for immigration status, you shpuld surrender the green card if you do not plan on living in the USA. Doing so can make it easier to get visitor visas occasionally.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

These are the types of things that make me go crazy (as I'm still waiting for my husband) and these are far too common! People marry and then when they arrive in the States, they realize they don't like their spouse. Their most concern is about their green card than their marriage.

Take care of your son. I understand his opportunities in the Philippines are limited but if you raise him right you never know.

Edited by FxL

Best to have more info on how the OP wishes to move forward with her life. But I agree that continuing a life with that jerk is not health for her nor her son.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I recommend going back to the states and starting a new life with your son, as you now have your GC you can work and support yourself and make friends in the states, it might be hard but you can do it,

As for ur ROC you can do it without him once your divorced is settled and see if you can get a waiver

Since I hear it's hard to get to the states from your country it's best to keep your green card and then go back to the states as you will regret it down the line probably

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.